BANGKOK
rooster59

Koh Samui: For sale and gathering dust - island that catered to foreigners is completely deserted

9 hours ago, rumak said:

I travelled many of the "old roads".    Phuket,  Songkla,  Ko Samet,  Pattaya,  and the beautiful North.

Everywhere got busier and less friendly.   The women got fatter.   

Us (now) old guys miss the young days.   Enjoy the better amenities , nowadays.

And if it weren't for internet would probably not know what to do with ourselves at 3 in the morning,

up after taking a p**s.

But one thing is a fact.   Thailand was prettier back then.    As was I .

Parts of Thailand are still pretty, but only where the masses of tourists don't go. The horde destroys- end of.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 11:18 PM, JeffersLos said:

The strings. On my heart. Are pulled.

Is there some sort of donation account set-up so I can donate some money to him. 

My heart bleeds also... 

On 7/11/2020 at 10:23 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Fare for the songtheaw from the ferry port to Chaweng or Lamai used to be 20 baht. Increased significantly even though prices for fuel etc had not gone up much. Just greed. I used to say to myself that one day it was all going to lead to tears. Seems that day has come.

Well, it's maybe not fair to just blame Thai's for the current situation - or the overdevelopment of the Place. I think Farangs were also quite happy to "play-along" in the GREED-GAME. Whenever I visited there, I always felt that the Locals & the Farangs living there felt like they were better than any-other-place ... and looked down on fellow visitors.....? And now ..... everybody is crying foul???

Perhaps, when all the Covid issue will finally be over ..... maybe the various Tourist places all around the world who suffer now - being empty ... will learn to be more appreciative ..... of Visiting Tourists???

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Some inflammatory posts and replies have been removed.

Posts using multi quotes have been removed:

Forum Netiquette:

5. Please do not quote multiple nested quotes. Quote only the relevant section that you are discussing. Moderators will snip excessively long nested quotes. 

On 7/11/2020 at 11:26 PM, steven100 said:

Koh Samui is a ghost town. Friday night everything was closed, there are no tourists at all.

RIP ...  KS.

are you even here? or maybe just bolted up in chaweng terrified to go to places in Samui where things are almost back to normal ?

• Like 1

I just go to Koh Samui webcams on WWITV

- and tomorrow night will be the same as last night... 

- the rare subbakers on the beach, sometimes makes it worth the trouble 🙂  

the fish must be happy as no disturbance ,,back to nature for the islands