BANGKOK
rooster59

Koh Samui: For sale and gathering dust - island that catered to foreigners is completely deserted

15 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

but ruined by greed and aircraft.

Are Bangkok Airways flying "almost empty" planes??? I have just checked the airline's website (from home in Cambodia) and discovered that for this coming week ECONOMY return flights BKK - Samui are priced FROM 216 US$ (6,765 Thai Baht)!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

So sad, but here's my prediction. Thailand will be open for full business by the middle of August! Airports all receiving tourists, residents, and those with families rather than jumping through all the hoops to meet those Thai requirements. Not easy for me to meet the requirements because Im flying from Afghanistan through Dubai. I cant seek the medical certs in Afghanistan because its still dangerous here. Its not open for business. I see Thailand says its banks are fully prepared to absorb any effects of CV, lol. Really, OK

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mikeasq60 said:

So sad, but here's my prediction. Thailand will be open for full business by the middle of August! Airports all receiving tourists, residents, and those with families rather than jumping through all the hoops to meet those Thai requirements. Not easy for me to meet the requirements because Im flying from Afghanistan through Dubai. I cant seek the medical certs in Afghanistan because its still dangerous here. Its not open for business. I see Thailand says its banks are fully prepared to absorb any effects of CV, lol. Really, OK

Wow. Good luck on your journey sir. Thailand must seem like a walk in the park after Afghanistan.

Great time to purchase a business if the prices are lower or reasonable.

Ahhhh, wait a minute, this is thailand, sale prices will go up.😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, CLS said:
15 hours ago, Davo369 said:

Samui has gone down hill well before covid. I'll say since 2016

It started long before 2016, right then when the first McSh*t and *sucks turned up.

Started its long downhill slide when they built the airport. It was inevitable.

• Like 2

great opportunity to clean-up the rubbish littering the place and tear-down the junk (probably illegal anyway) <deleted> concrete buildings stuck everywhere.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, samsensam said:

true enough, i was there in the early 90s, stayed in a great bungalow on the beach, cool little beach side restaurants, quiet, clean beach and sea, was like paradise. i returned about five years ago, the place was unrecongisable; awful, over developed, ugly, polluted, i left sharpish. very sad but i guess some people like that sort of place.

Unfortunately, some folks would never know the difference.