SURVEY: Gay Marriage--Good for Thailand or not?

Scott

SURVEY: Gay Marriage--Good for Thailand or not?  

368 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

I don't think people are becoming more enlightened, they are just more people who are gender confused.

And we will see the development will go backwards, and we see the trend in many countries now. Democrazy is ounder tough pressure, and religion will be stronger by time since it is a genious tool to control the masses, and give them a purpose to exists, and ease their troubles wiht hope and and faith. Unecessery to say it will harm those who do not comply. 

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Gender has nothing to do with sexual orientation, learn what you are posting about before exposing your ignorance

Gender has everything to do with man love relationships and men getting married to men.  If we were talking about if marriage between a male and female is good for Thailand, there would be nothing to talk about.

For all you who have been mocking the Bible, here is ten reasons the Bible is the word of God.

1. The earth free-floats in space (Job 26:7), affected only by gravity. While other sources at that time (1500 B.C.) declared the earth sat on the back of an elephant or turtle, or was held up by Atlas, the Bible alone states what we now know to be true – “He hangs the earth on nothing.”

2. Creation is made of particles, indiscernible to our eyes (Hebrews 11:3). Not until the 19th century was it discovered that all visible matter consists of invisible elements. Scripture knew of this for 2,000 years!

3. The Bible specifies the perfect dimensions for a stable water vessel (Genesis 6:15). Ship builders today are well aware that the ideal dimension for ship stability is a length six times that of the width. Keep in mind, God told Noah the ideal dimensions for the ark 4,500 years ago.

4. Light can be divided (Job 38:24). Sir Isaac Newton studied light and discovered that white light is made of seven colors, which can be “parted” and then recombined. Science confirmed this four centuries ago – God declared this four millennia ago!

5. Circumcision on the eighth day is ideal (Genesis 17:12; Leviticus 12:3; Luke 1:59). Medical science has discovered that the blood clotting chemical prothrombin peaks in a newborn on the eighth day. This is therefore the safest day to circumcise a baby. How did Moses know?!

6.There are mountains on the bottom of the ocean floor (Jonah 2:5-6). Only in the last century have we discovered that there are towering mountains and deep trenches in the depths of the sea.

7. Blood is the source of life and health (Leviticus 17:11; 14). Up until 120 years ago, sick people were “bled” and many died as a result (e.g. George Washington). Today we know that healthy blood is necessary to bring life-giving nutrients to every cell in the body. God declared that “the life of the flesh is in the blood” long before science understood its function.

8. Our bodies are made from the dust of the ground (Genesis 2:7; 3:19). Scientists have discovered that the human body is comprised of some 28 base and trace elements – all of which are found in the earth.

9. The  earth is a sphere (Isaiah 40:22). At a time when many thought the earth was flat, the Bible told us that the earth is spherical. Isaiah was written between 740 and 680 B.C. and at least 300 years before Aristotle's book On the Heavens. Secular man discovered this 2,400 years later. At a time when science believed that the earth was flat, is was the Scriptures that inspired Christopher Columbus to sail around world

10. The Pleiades and Orion star clusters described (Job 38:31). The Pleiades star cluster is gravitationally bound, while the Orion star cluster is loose and disintegrating because the gravity of the cluster is not enough to bind the group together. 4,000 years ago God asked Job, "Can you bind the cluster of the Pleiades, or loose the belt of Orion?" Yet, it is only recently that we realized that the Pleiades is gravitationally bound, but Orion's stars are flying apart.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

Those understandings was not only isolated to the bible at those times, and information and teachings as philosophies was excanghed far and wide since they travelled also those times. 

However I have not fact checked your claims, except I have read simular

foundings related to when and where those understandings of the world and space first appears

34 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

Gender has everything to do with man love relationships and men getting married to men.  If we were talking about if marriage between a male and female is good for Thailand, there would be nothing to talk about.

For all you who have been mocking the Bible, here is ten reasons the Bible is the word of God.

1. The earth free-floats in space (Job 26:7), affected only by gravity. While other sources at that time (1500 B.C.) declared the earth sat on the back of an elephant or turtle, or was held up by Atlas, the Bible alone states what we now know to be true – “He hangs the earth on nothing.”

2. Creation is made of particles, indiscernible to our eyes (Hebrews 11:3). Not until the 19th century was it discovered that all visible matter consists of invisible elements. Scripture knew of this for 2,000 years!

3. The Bible specifies the perfect dimensions for a stable water vessel (Genesis 6:15). Ship builders today are well aware that the ideal dimension for ship stability is a length six times that of the width. Keep in mind, God told Noah the ideal dimensions for the ark 4,500 years ago.

4. Light can be divided (Job 38:24). Sir Isaac Newton studied light and discovered that white light is made of seven colors, which can be “parted” and then recombined. Science confirmed this four centuries ago – God declared this four millennia ago!

5. Circumcision on the eighth day is ideal (Genesis 17:12; Leviticus 12:3; Luke 1:59). Medical science has discovered that the blood clotting chemical prothrombin peaks in a newborn on the eighth day. This is therefore the safest day to circumcise a baby. How did Moses know?!

6.There are mountains on the bottom of the ocean floor (Jonah 2:5-6). Only in the last century have we discovered that there are towering mountains and deep trenches in the depths of the sea.

7. Blood is the source of life and health (Leviticus 17:11; 14). Up until 120 years ago, sick people were “bled” and many died as a result (e.g. George Washington). Today we know that healthy blood is necessary to bring life-giving nutrients to every cell in the body. God declared that “the life of the flesh is in the blood” long before science understood its function.

8. Our bodies are made from the dust of the ground (Genesis 2:7; 3:19). Scientists have discovered that the human body is comprised of some 28 base and trace elements – all of which are found in the earth.

9. The  earth is a sphere (Isaiah 40:22). At a time when many thought the earth was flat, the Bible told us that the earth is spherical. Isaiah was written between 740 and 680 B.C. and at least 300 years before Aristotle's book On the Heavens. Secular man discovered this 2,400 years later. At a time when science believed that the earth was flat, is was the Scriptures that inspired Christopher Columbus to sail around world

10. The Pleiades and Orion star clusters described (Job 38:31). The Pleiades star cluster is gravitationally bound, while the Orion star cluster is loose and disintegrating because the gravity of the cluster is not enough to bind the group together. 4,000 years ago God asked Job, "Can you bind the cluster of the Pleiades, or loose the belt of Orion?" Yet, it is only recently that we realized that the Pleiades is gravitationally bound, but Orion's stars are flying apart.

LOL

And for each and every of your so called "proof", someone could find a hundred complete idiocies!

The verses you cite are so vague and weak, that you interpret anything into it!

And by the way: what has that got to do with gay marriage?

The bible mentiones dragons, talking animals and burning talking shrubbery!

Let's wait for science to verify that, shall we?!

Man...

42 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

Firstly one has to believe in your particular brand of "god" what about all the others which have been worshiped and sacrificed to over millennia.

You do realise that millions of others have no interest in your dogma and are doing great work in a secular world.

By the way it is not only men whose same sex relationships are recognised in marriage EQUALITY.

Once again, I will say gender has nothing to do with a persons sexual orientation.

Do you realise that the bible was not written by one person? Did your "god" speak individually from "heaven" to each of these scribes in different languages over centuries.? 

I am still waiting for your take on the admonishments in your book of fables regarding the behaviour of heterosexuals. 

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Barmbeker said:

LOL

And for each and every of your so called "proof", someone could find a hundred complete idiocies!

The verses you cite are so vague and weak, that you interpret anything into it!

And by the way: what has that got to do with gay marriage?

The bible mentiones dragons, talking animals and burning talking shrubbery!

Let's wait for science to verify that, shall we?!

Man...

You mean Mr Ed was in the bible?

All these comments were quite entertaining ???? but...does anyone have an idea about when the bill will be presented (and how long before a decision is made) before the National Assembly (any further steps ?) ?

In short, a roadmap ?

• Thanks 1

Taking single verses out of context is quite amusing while ignoring thousands of other verses.

Many people find events in the world and their lives that match the prophecies in the Bible and from fortunetellers. Giving a series of statements, it is frequently easy to find a circumstance that matches those statements.

This is how fortunetellers make their living by giving vague information and people can find events to match the predictions. 

But I am also curious about the bill, and whether it will be signed and what it would mean.

Taiwan’s version of marriage at first I thought interesting that - they could only marry foreigners if from a country that allowed marriage. But as an American, I am not allowed to do anything outside of America that is not also allowed inside America. I assume it would be illegal for gay people from Iran to get married In Taiwan since it is illegal in their country.

To any other Asian countries currently allow gay marriage? But I assume all communist countries do not allow gay marriage

• Like 1

9 hours ago, brianp0803 said:

Taking single verses out of context is quite amusing while ignoring thousands of other verses.

Many people find events in the world and their lives that match the prophecies in the Bible and from fortunetellers. Giving a series of statements, it is frequently easy to find a circumstance that matches those statements.

This is how fortunetellers make their living by giving vague information and people can find events to match the predictions. 

But I am also curious about the bill, and whether it will be signed and what it would mean.

Taiwan’s version of marriage at first I thought interesting that - they could only marry foreigners if from a country that allowed marriage. But as an American, I am not allowed to do anything outside of America that is not also allowed inside America. I assume it would be illegal for gay people from Iran to get married In Taiwan since it is illegal in their country.

To any other Asian countries currently allow gay marriage? But I assume all communist countries do not allow gay marriage

I beg to differ

Simply your marriage would not be recognised in your country of origin if that is not allowed there.

But, you have the right, I was about to write especially, to get married in a country allowing Civil Unions or gay marriage.

Of course one has to have a look at the conditions stipulated: being a resident, one (or both) of the partners has to be a National etc...

This being said whatever one's nationality, one would be allowed to have their marriage registered in Argentina ( some parts) and Costa Rica: Once it is official, then legalised/ apostilled by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs the documents have to be "viewed" by your Embassy who will register, or not, your marriage.

Now, if one country allows gay marriage or Civil Unions, then the local consulate might be able to officiate a marriage between , at least, one of their citizens and the partner. In the case it is not legal to get married in a particular country then the consulate has no right to perform a ceremony

8 hours ago, alyx said:

I beg to differ

Simply your marriage would not be recognised in your country of origin if that is not allowed there.

But, you have the right, I was about to write especially, to get married in a country allowing Civil Unions or gay marriage.

Of course one has to have a look at the conditions stipulated: being a resident, one (or both) of the partners has to be a National etc...

This being said whatever one's nationality, one would be allowed to have their marriage registered in Argentina ( some parts) and Costa Rica: Once it is official, then legalised/ apostilled by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs the documents have to be "viewed" by your Embassy who will register, or not, your marriage.

Now, if one country allows gay marriage or Civil Unions, then the local consulate might be able to officiate a marriage between , at least, one of their citizens and the partner. In the case it is not legal to get married in a particular country then the consulate has no right to perform a ceremony

What exactly are the advantages or disadvantages of a gay couple getting married in Thailand? The only advantage I could see that the falang partner could be a marriage visa instead of whatever. Pretty lame in my view and people will still view you as a couple of gay guys/girls. So if it's not about a visa just live together in your own world, but leave me to my own.

It's very unnatural to me, but I'm straight and don't understand same sex relationships.

Recently, many people felt interracial couples should not be allowed to marry, and definitely should not have children.

would you agree if all people married to someone of the same race said interracial couples should just live together but not get married and not have children?

It is exactly the same issue about gay marriage. You should agree to both or disagree to both.

• Like 1

Why does anyone get married?

Hopefully is a statement about the love they share and commitment to each other. This official statement also helps bind couples together to work out problems.

Why should gay couples be denied this?

Initially, interracial couples were thought strange and unusual, but now accepted as normal loving couple.  Gay couples will like to go through the same process of acceptance that interracial couples went through

• Like 1

1 hour ago, checkered flag said:

What exactly are the advantages or disadvantages of a gay couple getting married in Thailand? The only advantage I could see that the falang partner could be a marriage visa instead of whatever. Pretty lame in my view and people will still view you as a couple of gay guys/girls. So if it's not about a visa just live together in your own world, but leave me to my own.

It's very unnatural to me, but I'm straight and don't understand same sex relationships.

How about to be with your parter when he/she gets sicks, stay together when in hospital and assist him/her in their last moments. Then, when it comes to take care of the "papers" being able to deal with it without being told....You do not have the right to ask for this or that because there is no established relation with him/her.

May I point out that one does not get married to be considered married by their neighbours: it is a personal consecration, a commitment.

Now comes the question of the visa which seems to you a pretty lame reason to get married. You seem to be confusing grey/white marriages with love motivated marriages or even "alliance" based marriages as they were centuries ago, interests being the only base for a marriage. It was never about religion or love in those times. It has just evolved with the societies.

In your world, if one is not married one does not have, and rightly so, the right to act  on behalf of the other partner. Without going too deep into that, if you are in a serious relationship, would you be happy to be separated from your half ? Or better, let's ask all the foreign husbands and wives left stranded abroad, separated from their families without having the right to enter the country because of the coronavirus. That situation only lasted a few months, and might happen again considering the situation, but these were months of psychological torture for every member of these families. If one is not married, one will be separated from their partner without any hope to be reunited.Why would a gay couple be different ?

As "in your world"...that is pretty strange a comment: we all live in the same world and we have to accommodate the differences and if you think that you are a perfect representative of your world, you might be in for a big surprise to learn how different each of the members of this alleged world is, although they seem to have the same chain of thoughts and follow the same (group's) rules.

Let them be in "your" world as you will not even notice they are married unless you are told...and what would be different for you then? It is not because you are unable to understand, which I can appreciate and it is your prerogative not to accept it for yourself, that it does make the rest of the (other) world barbarians or misfits of the nature.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes people HAVE to get married. The law requires that only partner can make decisions and living together is not seen and accepted as partnership. So if you have to make important decisions like surgery or funeral as a not legal registered partner (marriage) you can not do that. The law forces people to get married in fact. 

It is amusing that some people see the reason for marriage as the ability to get a long term marriage visa, instead of a declaration of love and commitment. Most gay people that get married in other countries are both citizens of the same country.  Although gay marriage couple benefit a small number of relationships if marriage visa was possible.

For straight unmarried couples, is living together accepted as partnership over medical issues, or funeral arrangements?

Interesting world, Gay couples want their love recognized, and many straight people are deciding there is no value in getting married.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brianp0803 said:

Why does anyone get married?

Hopefully is a statement about the love they share and commitment to each other. This official statement also helps bind couples together to work out problems.

Why should gay couples be denied this?

Initially, interracial couples were thought strange and unusual, but now accepted as normal loving couple.  Gay couples will like to go through the same process of acceptance that interracial couples went through

Spot on. It is a crying shame that people have to involve themselves in others live's......what does it matter...live and let live.