Probiotics

A1Str8

I consume kefir prepared from what are called kefir grains. Once you have your grains, you can produce drinking kefir forever at the cost of the milk you use to brew it. It's the most powerful probiotic known to man - a miracle of nature. The health industry doesn't like to discuss it as they will lose income selling ridiculously overpriced probiotics that are actually quite inferior to kefir.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JensenZ said:

I consume kefir prepared from what are called kefir grains. Once you have your grains, you can produce drinking kefir forever at the cost of the milk you use to brew it. It's the most powerful probiotic known to man - a miracle of nature. The health industry doesn't like to discuss it as they will lose income selling ridiculously overpriced probiotics that are actually quite inferior to kefir.

You can find ready made kefir scoby and grains on Lazada and Shopee websites...

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

You can find ready made kefir scoby and grains on Lazada and Shopee websites...

A "kefir scoby" and a "kefir grain" is one and the same. I don't know who started calling them "scoby" (Symbiotic Culture Of Bacteria and Yeasts)... maybe to appear more scientific, but the common name is "kefir grains".

They don't need to be made, so there's no need to call them "ready made". They are always made and how they were first made is an unsolved mystery from thousands of years, When you mentioned "ready made" I immediately assumed it was ready made drinking kefir as you can purchase from supermarkets.

Edited by JensenZ

On 7/12/2020 at 1:41 AM, JensenZ said:

Probably a silly question but can you make kefir using soy milk ?  

I made soy milk yogurt for a while but it does not set as well as that from animal milks.

Obviously the starter is from animal milk but then like kefir the starter for the next batch will come from the current batch.

I ask this as I am vegan for more than 40 years ( although even using animal milk as the initial starter would be taboo to many such as Jain's and Krishna's ).