Google Assistant Problems

carlyai

While out walking I have my phone in my pocket and I listen to music, but many times as I climb up the mountain my phone buttons get pressed and Google Assistant pops up. 

I've disabled it and tried may things to get rid of it and finally succeeded by resetting my phone operating system to original. This means that my Android OS is out of date and some apps won't work. 

For the rest of my life I don't want Google or Google Assistant. 

How to get rid of Google Assistant forever and have an updated OS as well?

In the new Android there's accidental touch protection. In settings.

Also there are free apps in the play store serving the same purpose.

Or if dead set on getting rid of assistant then update Android then disable assistant in settings.

4 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

In the new Android there's accidental touch protection. In settings.

Also there are free apps in the play store serving the same purpose.

Or if dead set on getting rid of assistant then update Android then disable assistant in settings.

Disabling Assistant doesn't do it. It still pops up. The only way I stopped it popping up was, disabling it, disabling Google, and going back to my first OS. That seemed to work.

I would have thought there was a way to play music, lock the screen (to stop random button presses), then unlock the screen and stop music when finished.

I"'ll try Play Store for an accidental touch protection app. Thanks.

another problem with google search on PC ....

every time i do a google search of anything i receive mostly  books.google.co.th  underneath instead of the normal websites.   I have sent dozens of requests to google asking how to remove books.google

also,  now Trending searches seems the new norm when opening google ....   

i'm trying to remove that as well.

Why can't they just leave it as it was.    lol

49 minutes ago, stouricks said:

I have only just discovered that there is the eqivalent of Soundhound in Assistant, so when a song is playing, up comes title, lyrics, year, artist. Great!

Someone should blow the Google Assistant up. It's like if you want it .... great. If you don't want it ....tough, you get it. It's like Google and play store ....try permanently getting rid of them. Blow em all up I say. Should get rid of GUI and go back to coding. At least you get what you want. Maybe I need a beer. 

• Like 1