Volunteers to be enlisted next month for human trial of Covid-19 vaccine

rooster59

Volunteers to be enlisted next month for human trial of Covid-19 vaccine

By THE NATION

800_1f742c6269ade5f.jpg

Thailand will sign up volunteers in August-September to test the Covid-19 vaccine and conduct the first trial on a human in October, said Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation Minister Suvit Maesincee.

Suvit said he was informed by Chulalongkorn University's Chula Vaccine Research Centre and the National Research Council of Thailand that the second round of testing of the mRNA vaccine on monkeys on June 22 yielded a satisfactory result.

Related story: mRNA vaccine against Covid-19 shows initial success on monkeys

He added that the test on humans will be done in three phases.

The centre will announce on July 12 the details of the plan to produce this vaccine for testing on humans and for use in Thailand.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30391146

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-12

10 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

to test the Covid-19 vaccine

So Thailand developed a vaccine and no one told the rest of the world or they just looking for paid guinea pigs and ce sera sera?...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

EY_LXStXgAIPwsq.jpg

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

TV members .....  here's your chance to give your support and get involved.

the elephant man comes to mind ....

image.png.4eb502e4e7a937958f85842f98c9b2b7.png

WOW! Tell me quick, where is it?

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Vaccine already available at 7/11IMG_20200712_093534.thumb.jpg.e2e94b3b60daf50ff73e034029e232cb.jpg

Wasn't something similar recommended by a Top World Leader (non-med prof) awhile back? I thought he would've patented it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Thailand will sign up volunteers in August-September to test the Covid-19 vaccine and conduct the first trial on a human in October

how about the current government and all its MP's and ministers being the first to sign up to any trials they want to conduct - some DNA resequencing might have hidden benefits

I have no doubt that the willing (victims) volunteers will come from the usual sources - prisons and military grunts 

Edited by smedly
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yep, Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul. Apparently he wants to be the first person to try out the vaccine the Chulalongkorn University’s National Vaccine Institute has been working

They don't just take anyone - they have to be suitable candidates and 100% human

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yep, Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul. Apparently he wants to be the first person to try out the vaccine the Chulalongkorn University’s National Vaccine Institute has been working on. https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/health-minister-is-in-the-front-of-the-line-for-the-first-human-dose-of-thai-made-vaccine

He made need to be reminded ????

Yep they should sell Tickets for charity.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

Tell me where and when and I will volunteer as long as they do not give me the virus to test with the vaccine.  Hope they accept foreigners also.

How do you think they will test it ?