UK plans to create 'freeports,' cut taxes: Sunday Telegraph

rooster59

27 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

You dont have to abide with the EU rules. It just means you cant get the benefits of being in the EU markets. It is nothing to do with punishment.

You cant have both.

I think you don't understand what is meant by a level playing field (EU style).

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/explainers/future-relationship-level-playing-field

image.png.97383132f6b4901bdef603c4589dd9a1.png

So yes, we DO have to abide with EU rules. Understand now?

3 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

But that is a perspective held by a mere 37% of the UK electorate. 

Incorrect. It is a fact. Your country is not independent if it is subject to the jurisdiction of the ECJ.

You would be unable to set your own laws on many different areas. Therefore you would not be independent. But you would have broken from your union with the English, which let's face it - is your real aim.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Incorrect. It is a fact. Your country is not independent if it is subject to the jurisdiction of the ECJ.

You would be unable to set your own laws on many different areas. Therefore you would not be independent. But you would have broken from your union with the English, which let's face it - is your real aim.

Not from the English, but from England. Surely you can support such a noble cause, seeking to eschew the burdensome, debilitating yoke of a foreign country? What we do with our independence would be our choice to make, but that is the beauty of said state of affairs. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Do other countries that have FTA's with the EU have to give jurisdiction to the ECJ? Have to give up their fishing waters? Having to abide by all their rules in a "level playing field"? No, they don't. It's a stipulation specific to the UK for 2 purposes.

1. Punish the UK for having the temerity to leave.

2. Stop the UK competing with them. They are terrified of what we can do once the ball and chain is off.

So No Deal it is. No problem. You Europhiles will just have to suck it up.

To answer your question clearly:

BJ and comrades always tell that they want to cut corporate taxes massively in order to attract new industries.

Furthermore, they refuse to comply with existing labor rights, minimum wages, consumer rights and product standards.

The UK has also repeatedly come into play as a safe haven for black money and tax refugees. Why should the EU support a competitor on there doorstep who tries to economically damage the EU with price and tax dumping?

Therefore, the EU has no interest in granting a Dumping UK free market access.

The UK also appears to be an unreliable contractual partner. Now BJ wants to discuss the contracts he has already signed 6 months ago, again.

BJ wants to pave the way so that his rich friends can enrich themself at the expense of the normal EU population. The EU will never let that happen.

Just as it is.

Any more questions?

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Well obviously if you want to sell us your fish. What did you expect, no fees but full access to the EU market without adhering to EU rules and standars?

Seems a bit foolish.

That's a different point. Which I will address.

Firstly, he said we wouldn't have to follow their rules with a level playing field. I said we would and I was correct. 

Now to your different point. FTA's are quite capable of covering standards, otherwise the EU would require a level playing field with every country that it has an FTA with. But it has no such stipulation. In fact, the term was only created during Brexit negotiations. So FTA's without level playing fields are not only possible, they are the norm all around the world.

16 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Are you England? What is the difference between demanding that Brussels stops interfering in UK politics and demanding that England stops interfering in Scottish politics? Why are you so anti-Belgian? 

No, I am not England, I am  Trans to you...????

How is England interfering with Scottish politics...?

How am I anti-Belgian, I have never met a Belgian...?

7 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Not from the English, but from England. Surely you can support such a noble cause, seeking to eschew the burdensome, debilitating yoke of a foreign country? What we do with our independence would be our choice to make, but that is the beauty of said state of affairs. 

You'd be independent for as long as it took to convince the EU to allow you to join their club. Which in fairness, given your budget deficit, could be quite some time ????.

6 minutes ago, transam said:

????.......A money man...........????..

Investing in Romania and others with nothing, highly commendable chap...:clap2:

Nothing wrong with investing in frontier and emerging markets if the returns are there. So once you’ve looked up what “ROI” means, come back with a reply that has more substance than a load of emojis. 

6 minutes ago, transam said:

Bet you have a huge iPhone to look at your cash every minute of the day.

I don’t keep much cash. I prefer to be invested all times ???? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Do other countries that have FTA's with the EU have to give jurisdiction to the ECJ? Have to give up their fishing waters? Having to abide by all their rules in a "level playing field"?

But you’re not saying that the girl that swipes right on me has to do it for you too. Now please don’t stalk her afterwards and complain about it being unfair. 

Edited by welovesundaysatspace

3 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Nothing wrong with investing in frontier and emerging markets if the returns are there. So once you’ve looked up what “ROI” means, come back with a reply that has more substance than a load of emojis. 

I don’t keep much cash. I prefer to be invested all times ???? 

I was right then.......????

12 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

That's a different point. Which I will address.

Firstly, he said we wouldn't have to follow their rules with a level playing field. I said we would and I was correct. 

Now to your different point. FTA's are quite capable of covering standards, otherwise the EU would require a level playing field with every country that it has an FTA with. But it has no such stipulation. In fact, the term was only created during Brexit negotiations. So FTA's without level playing fields are not only possible, they are the norm all around the world.

You will recall that the free zones around the world adhere to WTO and EU rules, where the EU is involved?

The EU, admittedly, is as ideological about the EU standards, free market and regulations, as the UK is about sovereignty and customs.

However, if you take the EU free trade agreement with Norway for example: 

According to Norway's Foreign Affairs (NOU 2012:2 p. 790, 795), from the legislative acts implemented from 1994 to 2010, 70% of EU directives and 17% of EU regulations in force in the EU in 2008 were in force in Norway in 2010.

As you know free movement and most directives on standards are included in that.

So the EU has very much demanded a level playing field with Norway, and indeed achieved it.

As mentioned earlier, in every free zone the EU does trade with they insist that EU rules on tax subsidies are complied with.

This is an ideological foible the EU has, much like the UK has with souvreignty.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dimitriv said:

The EU and all member states already have trade deals with these countries. But...  You promised that the UK would be able to get BETTER trade deals.

Till now they failed.

"Till now they failed", you're an insider....?

1 minute ago, dimitriv said:

No. But from what I saw the trade deals the UK got are not better than the trade deals the EU already has for many years.  It seems that there is no advantage for the UK, other than spending a lot of time trying to get something they already had.

Ohh. And I forgot the possibility of a trade deal with the US. Say byebye to the NHS, and hello to chlorinated chicken and steaks with too many antibiotics and hormones.

Weeeeell, it seems you do not know anything that is going on, and you have been listening to remainer cr_p as gospel.........????..................................????

1 minute ago, Logosone said:

That's an excellent point actually, the whole promise was that the UK would get better deals from their partners.

But it looks like the UK has not been able to secure better deals at all.

Has the UK "finished" its worldwide deal search yet, just a Yes or No will do....

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Has the UK "finished" its worldwide deal search yet, just a Yes or No will do....

No, they did not finish yet.

But the trade deals they got till now are not better than the trade deals the EU already has for many years.

Do you have any reason to assume that the trade deals they got till now are not better, but the trade deals they will get from now on will be BETTER?  Why?  They want to keep the best things for later? ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dimitriv said:

No, they did not finish yet.

But the trade deals they got till now are not better than the trade deals the EU already has for many years.

Do you have any reason to assume that the trade deals they got till now are not better, but the trade deals they will get from now on will be BETTER?  Why?  They want to keep the best things for later? ????

I don't care, and I don't guess, but people like you do....????

crystal-ball-e1535662259363.jpg.9cce68527a23ed300264eb44e21ca45d.jpg

The interesting thing to take away here is that a trade agreement is one thing.

However, if the UK is stupid about the deal it secures with the EU then WHATEVER trade deal it signs with any country, that country will do LESS trade with the UK if that country has companies who produce goods in the EU for export to the UK.

So just securing a trade deal, I am afraid to say, will not secure the golden age Boris has promised.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dimitriv said:

The EU and all member states already have trade deals with these countries. But...  You promised that the UK would be able to get BETTER trade deals.

Till now they failed.

The promise was to leave the EU. Regain sovereignty. 

Arguing about GDP % was a Remainer scare tactic. That's what failed. We are out, and how sweet a victory it is. I'm still dancing in Remainer salty tears ????

• Haha 1