xenoglossophobia paranoia

Yinn

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Most thais not enjoy learn English. Is waste of time. Is not popular subject most people.

Most thais probably do not enjoy learning English because they're not good at learning and speaking English. 

Obviously something that you don't do well in is not popular.

Thais, like Chinese and Japanese, seem to have this problem to learn English, which does not afflict Indonesians or Malays.

On 7/12/2020 at 7:46 AM, Yinn said:

Yes.

Echolalia is the unsolicited repetition of vocalizations made by another person (when repeated by the same person, it is called palilalia). In its profound form it is automatic and effortless. It is one of the echophenomena, closely related to echopraxia, the automatic repetition of movements made by another person; both are "subsets of imitative behavior" whereby sounds or actions are imitated "without explicit awareness". 

Echolalia may be an immediate reaction to a stimulus or may be delayed.

Thanks for that for that for that for that for that for that.

Paranoia is the feeling that you’re being threatened in some way, such as people watching you or acting against you, even though there’s no proof that it’s true. It happens to a lot of people at some point. Even when you know that your concerns aren’t based in reality, they can be troubling if they happen too often.

Clinical paranoia is more severe. It’s a rare mental health condition in which you believe that others are unfair, lying, or actively trying to harm you when there’s no proof. You don’t think you’re paranoid at all because you feel sure it’s true. As the old saying goes, “It isn’t paranoia if they’re really out to get you.”

(Above is a 100% copy & paste with the link included)

Just about describes ALL human beings without exception! IMHO

It is just that some of us are too 'blown up' to admit our faults.

The arguments presented by adults, on trivial subjects are astonishing, to put it  extremely mildly.

????????

3 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Yes mate, what Yinn is forgetting if it wasnt for the farangs kicking the Japanese out, things would have been very different for the Thai people.

Indeed, but at least she has learned something positive about farangs today......:whistling:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

It took only 4 Hours of a Sea battle for Thailand to capitulate to  the Japanese back in 1941

hardly ~ taken ~

It would be a different story now, coz there be Submarines!

????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

Never colonies by farang.

Colonies by farang.

No, the Chinese were colonised by pretty much everyone in Europe.

And Indonesia had dutch colonisers, not British ones, apart from Sumatra. So that does not explain why they speak better English.

It's a mix of 1) better education in Indonesia and 2) the structure of the Thai language does not lend itself to learn English, whereas Bahasa does.

It's quite remarkable how much better Indonesians speak English than Thais.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 8:46 PM, Yinn said:

Yes.

Echolalia is the unsolicited repetition of vocalizations made by another person (when repeated by the same person, it is called palilalia). In its profound form it is automatic and effortless. It is one of the echophenomena, closely related to echopraxia, the automatic repetition of movements made by another person; both are "subsets of imitative behavior" whereby sounds or actions are imitated "without explicit awareness". 

Echolalia may be an immediate reaction to a stimulus or may be delayed.

Why did you have to look this up and copy the definition word for word? Plagiarizing.

11 hours ago, Yinn said:

I partake sometimes. 

It for partake learn Thai, not partake general Thai news. 

When I start play TVF I think I will partake help it a lot. 

But about 10 guys eg Khun Benq speak thai AND English so well. They can translate to English better than me. 

They are very clever, high knowledge.

"It for partake learn Thai"

What school in Thailand teaches English this way with no basic sentence structure?

12 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Why did you have to look this up and copy the definition word for word? Plagiarizing.

Obvious 

joke. 

Nobody know that word right?

Language nobody understand= make more xenoglossophobia.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Yes mate, what Yinn is forgetting if it wasnt for the farangs kicking the Japanese out, things would have been very different for the Thai people.

very different for the Thai people - ????

On 7/13/2020 at 8:21 PM, Yinn said:

She can not understand you.

Then you complain because you not understand her. 

And still complain, ? days later.

i think she forget you already.

The shop in Thailand. Official language is Thai. 

But...

You have xenoglossophobia ?

I'm a native speaker of English and I wouldn't understand either. Grade A, B, or C? Or, different tints top to bottom. Not the salesperson's fault that the speaker used confusing language.

• Like 1

I'd like to commend Yinn for this post (five Stars). I agree with her 100% and have noted for some time the difference between those who seem well adjusted and happy with living in Thailand and those that don't. Although I realized many complaints were language or culture related, I had not drawn the connection between being well adjusted and happy with living in Thailand and a person's ability to understand the language being spoken around them. Although I've known falangs who don't speak Thai, that seem OK or happy with live here, I also noted the majority of the malcontents speak little or no Thai. These people might claim to speak some Thai but I believe their ability to converse or understand is very limited.

Furthermore, I feel that it's very disrespectful to live in a foreign country not understand the language or customs. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, checkered flag said:

I also noted the majority of the malcontents speak little or no Thai.

IYO why the (some) malcontents CHOOSE live in thailand? 

If I go live another country and hate the people I will leave. Sure. 1,000,000% Why stay? For what?

The malcontents only think there way about xenoglossophobia.

They not consider they live in Thailand, not speak thai, do they make Thai people xenoglossophobia? 

I not ever feel xenoglossophobia. Have a lot burmese etc. When they talk I not listen. Not care. 

Xenoglossophobia is paranoia, you THINK people say bad thing about you/your culture. But not real. 

If I want this feeling real, I will just read TVF. Everyday, most threads the malcontents will criticize Thailand (or me). 

Lucky I have superioty complex. It make me laugh. 

ps I think speak/read Thai is very helpful your feeling if live in thailand. Be more happy. Independent.

+easier for Thai people.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/14/2020 at 7:11 PM, bwpage3 said:

"It for partake learn Thai"

What school in Thailand teaches English this way with no basic sentence structure?

Which way correct?

How will I learn if you not help me? 

*sorry, it new word for me.

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

Which way correct?

How will I learn if you not help me? 

*sorry, it new word for me.

When children are young they learn by repeating what they hear. Say and repeat. It's called the audio lingual method. Years ago I taught at AUA in Bangkok. That was the approach to teaching and it worked good. This is how they also taught Thai. 

I'm not a linguist and only taught part time then when doing medical research. Teaching was fun and I met my wife doing it. However she wasn't a very good student then. 

7 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

When children are young they learn by repeating what they hear. Say and repeat.

I agree. Good way. Somebody use “partake” yesterday.

So I repeat “partake” x3 in my post. Funny word part+ take. ~~ take part

7 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

Teaching was fun and I met my wife doing it. However she wasn't a very good student then. 

She not very good student. But... the favorite student!

she pass your class. Sure. ????

I post xenoglossophobia topic because many post say “The Thais really hate farang” “Thais jealous farang” etc etc

They imagine. Maybe because xenoglossophobia.

95% Thai not talk with farang, not see farang, not think about farang. 

I not see a farang in Ranong long time already. 

= thais not think/ care about farang. Thais think freinds/family/neighbor, Thai social media.

Some Thai live in UK. Do UK care about them? 

So I want to say to them “Don’t worry, nobody talk about you. Nobody hate you. Enjoy. Relax. Sabai sabai.”

But the malcontents not listen/understand. They not partake.

• Like 1

Some more posts discussing WW2 have been removed.

Posts discussing other members have been removed:

25) No public discussion is allowed with regard to other forum members, as well as to advertisements or sponsors, or methods of blocking advertisements.