xenoglossophobia paranoia

Yinn

Just now, hotandsticky said:

Any advice on ordering my duck eggs ?

The wife was not happy that I went home with kai gai - (because the duck egg seller took me to a lady selling chickens eggs).

Sadly, if I had just done my Farang normal and pointed to the duck eggs and said "Ao khrup", I would probably have been successful.

and to make matters worse, if you had tried to do the stock sound imitation of a duck, it doesn't apply here.

Just now, thequietman said:

Did you feel your right ventricle closing as you typed this?  ????

No, it was just my imagination running around with me. Brown toast with peanut butter & banana in real life....plus the cuppa Yorkshire of course. Cheers.

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

One of the biggest issues (especially in rural Thailand) is the inability of Thais to understand my Thai.

In the west if you speak something that is not spot on, or tonally correct, the personal to whom you are speaking can usually work out what you are saying from your 'near miss'. In Thailand there are no near misses, you are exactly right - or you are wrong.

The worst example, apart from my inability to communicate my duck egg purchase, (to a guy in a local market who only sells duck eggs - "Ao khai bpet, sam sip faawng, khrup" didn't cut it) was a beer order in a local restaurant/bar. I thought that "Ao LEO lek, khrup" was quite clear...... 3 times I repeated to order to the quizzical waitress before she exclaimed "Oh............ LEE - O...... you want big or small?".  

What else she thought I might be ordering in a bar was beyond me.

A quickie?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, transam said:
1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Sad and confused phobia.

Nooooo, it's "farang male menopause", you remember, the thread you started about it..

...that some members (who shall remain nameless) remain wound up about?

Edited by NanLaew
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I do.

And thus the "Thai people don't like us" clique on TV has been redfined as evidenced in their clamor to try and upset the OP whilst only succeeding in upsetting themselves.

Thanks!

NL

I used the word in a slightly scornful way.....

2 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

I think it is  like a  long winded  stutter . lol. An involuntary repetition of what another person says.

Think  "hydroxychloroquine" as a context ! ????

And then watch Donald Trump trying to say it...

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

find themselves wound up and post about their winded-upedness.

Congratulations, believe you have invented a new word, now to translate to Thai ????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ravip said:

TBH, I too Google very often, to improve my knowledge and learn new things.

I am not ashamed to admit (or feel I will lose face) that I don't know something. I still like to keep learning new things that interest me.

I am trying to understand why you feel the OP is seditious... Sometimes, it is our own attitude that makes us make wrong interpretations, IMHO.

Frequent self-evaluations are very beneficial, I believe.

He who thinks he knows everything, actually knows very little ...... Me thinks. ???? ... But what do i know ?

• Like 1