Bt1.6-billion FDI got the nod in June

Bt1.6-billion FDI got the nod in June

By THE NATION

800_3afd7154c5ae0cc.jpg

The committee overseeing foreigners' investment under the Foreign Business Act permitted 22 foreigners to invest in Thailand in June, according to the Department of Business Development's director-general, Vuttikrai Leewiraphan.

Most of them are from Japan, Singapore and China with total foreign direct investment (FDI) of Bt1.587 billion and generating employment for 3,575 people.

Four of the investments are in the service sector and they are from Japan and China worth a total of Bt542 million.

Six of them are in the business of providing services to their own groups. They are from Singapore, Japan, and Netherlands with total investment of Bt632 million.

Seven of the investments are agents, retail and wholesale businesses and are from Japan, Finland, Germany, Netherlands and Singapore with a total of Bt181 million.

The other five are from Switzerland, UK, Samoa, Singapore and British Virgin Islands and are in the service business, with total investment of Bt232 million.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30391147

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-12

Wow, we talk here about 50 million US$, less than 1$ per resident.

If I give my daughter 30 baht to buy khanom in 7-11, does it count as FDI? I’m foreigner, she’s Thai and I invest directly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CLS said:

If I give my daughter 30 baht to buy khanom in 7-11, does it count as FDI? I’m foreigner, she’s Thai and I invest directly.

Those are FDI projects, that's investment money from overseas where the applicant had the choice of investing anywhere globally but chose to invest here.....multiply that by twelve months and it's a great moral and confidence builder that creates jobs, taxes and builds GDP.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Trillian said:

Those are FDI projects, that's investment money from overseas where the applicant had the choice of investing anywhere globally but chose to invest here.....multiply that by twelve months and it's a great moral and confidence builder that creates jobs, taxes and builds GDP.

It was more to ridicule the Thai propaganda. And still 9$ early I consider as peanuts.

8 minutes ago, CLS said:

It was more to ridicule the Thai propaganda. And still 9$ early I consider as peanuts.

I think 43,000 new jobs and THB 18 billion a year is worth trumpeting, I think it's pretty good and deserves publicity.

This article just adds to the pile of biased articles.

No comparison to last year, to GDP or even to other countries.

Would be a loss of face otherwise. It contributes to measly 0.1% of GDP. Peanuts, but the propaganda bureau worked overtime.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CLS said:

When you put it that way, I should be getting a special SMART visa just for the dough I throw my accountant's way each month.

• Haha 1