Jump to content
BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
rooster59

Bt1.6-billion FDI got the nod in June

Recommended Posts

Bt1.6-billion FDI got the nod in June

By THE NATION

 

800_3afd7154c5ae0cc.jpg

 

The committee overseeing foreigners' investment under the Foreign Business Act permitted 22 foreigners to invest in Thailand in June, according to the Department of Business Development's director-general, Vuttikrai Leewiraphan.

 

 

Most of them are from Japan, Singapore and China with total foreign direct investment (FDI) of Bt1.587 billion and generating employment for 3,575 people.

 

Four of the investments are in the service sector and they are from Japan and China worth a total of Bt542 million.

 

Six of them are in the business of providing services to their own groups. They are from Singapore, Japan, and Netherlands with total investment of Bt632 million.

 

Seven of the investments are agents, retail and wholesale businesses and are from Japan, Finland, Germany, Netherlands and Singapore with a total of Bt181 million.

The other five are from Switzerland, UK, Samoa, Singapore and British Virgin Islands and are in the service business, with total investment of Bt232 million.

 

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30391147

 

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-12
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, we talk here about 50 million US$, less than 1$ per resident.

If I give my daughter 30 baht to buy khanom in 7-11, does it count as FDI? I’m foreigner, she’s Thai and I invest directly.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CLS said:

Wow, we talk here about 50 million US$, less than 1$ per resident.

If I give my daughter 30 baht to buy khanom in 7-11, does it count as FDI? I’m foreigner, she’s Thai and I invest directly.

Those are FDI projects, that's investment money from overseas where the applicant had the choice of investing anywhere globally but chose to invest here.....multiply that by twelve months and it's a great moral and confidence builder that creates jobs, taxes and builds GDP.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Trillian said:

Those are FDI projects, that's investment money from overseas where the applicant had the choice of investing anywhere globally but chose to invest here.....multiply that by twelve months and it's a great moral and confidence builder that creates jobs, taxes and builds GDP.

It was more to ridicule the Thai propaganda. And still 9$ early I consider as peanuts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CLS said:

It was more to ridicule the Thai propaganda. And still 9$ early I consider as peanuts.

I think 43,000 new jobs and THB 18 billion a year is worth trumpeting, I think it's pretty good and deserves publicity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This article just adds to the pile of biased articles.

No comparison to last year, to GDP or even to other countries.

Would be a loss of face otherwise. It contributes to measly 0.1% of GDP. Peanuts, but the propaganda bureau worked overtime.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet you're fun at a party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Trillian said:

I think 43,000 new jobs and THB 18 billion a year is worth trumpeting, I think it's pretty good and deserves publicity.

you would

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, smedly said:

you would

:passifier:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CLS said:

Wow, we talk here about 50 million US$, less than 1$ per resident.

If I give my daughter 30 baht to buy khanom in 7-11, does it count as FDI? I’m foreigner, she’s Thai and I invest directly.

When you put it that way, I should be getting a special SMART visa just for the dough I throw my accountant's way each month.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Trillian said:

I bet you're fun at a party.

Another statement lacking context when having no arguments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...