Would you (or did you) ever trade your Wife in for a younger model?

WineOh

Just now, BritManToo said:

Did your eagerness to 'virtue signal' overcome your comprehension skills?

"I remember my solicitor saying, "assume she can block 99% of access for at least the next 5 years""

Don't tell me, tell the family court system.

Short of dressing up in a batman suit, and protesting on the tops of bridges, no choices for me.

I'm going by what you said in that reply. I don't know your history with your family. A judge can't stop you from access with your children without proof of wrongdoing, unless he's an idiot (some are) or she had a better lawyer that you did, and you didn't fight harder. I know how the family court system works. They screwed me for a few years as I tried to get visitation because the judge made a mistake giving 2 of them to her. I enlisted the aid of a lot better lawyer and the same judge admitted his mistake and let me go to where she was living 5 states away and get my kids back, and had them until they turned 19 and left the house.

• Like 2

Just now, fredwiggy said:

I'm going by what you said in that reply. I don't know your history with your family. A judge can't stop you from access with your children without proof of wrongdoing, unless he's an idiot (some are) or she had a better lawyer that you did, and you didn't fight harder. I know how the family court system works. They screwed me for a few years as I tried to get visitation because the judge made a mistake giving 2 of them to her. I enlisted the aid of a lot better lawyer and the same judge admitted his mistake and let me go to where she was living 5 states away and get my kids back, and had them until they turned 19 and left the house.

Good for you, I never had the heart to fight with the woman I loved.

3 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

When I want to dream about a younger model I can just shut my eyes or turn the lights out - cheaper too !

I get what you are saying mate ????

not quite the same as the real thing though..

I’ve heard Korat and udon Thani are decent place to pickup chicks,

can anyone confirm or deny this?

Edited by Liverpoolfan
  • Sad 1

Just now, soi3eddie said:

BritManToo made the right call by walking away and avoided years of emotional hell trying to have contact with his kids. Despite mutual agreements and court orders, an ex-wife will often make it impossible for a man to see his kids. The ex wife will usually alienate the father, whether intentionally or sub-conciously, so that the kids don't want to see the father or she will simply deny access for no good reason. As a father there is nothing effective you can do. The ex sees it as revenge to hurt the father while in essence actually ruining the children's live's and denying them opportunities. I didn't desert my child but my ex made it impossible to have contact with him. Still don't. He turns 17 next week.

The ex can't make it impossible for you to have contact. That's against the law. They can bul&%hit anyone they want, including the kids, but they can't stop visitation. If they do, they can be arrested and lose the kids. It's hard when you're far away, but if you have the resources to see your children, you do it for their sake, and yours. The longer it's postponed, the more you enforce what mom is saying about you. deadbeat dad is a term they use. My ex, who has several mental issues, got away with it for awhile because the court liaisons are usually man haters that have been abused by bad men in their lives, and they take her side. Most judges aren't fooled, at least not fore long. If you want to see your kids, you can.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

The moral of this story is to count your blessings for whom you're with - providing it's a good relationship and don't squander it for greener pastures.     

Is it really squandering though if the pastures are greener?

1 minute ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Is it really squandering though if the pastures are greener?

Look at it this way. For those non-partisan fans who sold their season ticket to swap supporting Liverpool for another EPL team, will no doubt be regretting their actions now that Liverpool has won the league. In other words, you don't know what's going to happen until you get there - unless of course you have a time-machine....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

The ex can't make it impossible for you to have contact. That's against the law. They can bul&%hit anyone they want, including the kids, but they can't stop visitation. If they do, they can be arrested and lose the kids. It's hard when you're far away, but if you have the resources to see your children, you do it for their sake, and yours. The longer it's postponed, the more you enforce what mom is saying about you. deadbeat dad is a term they use. My ex, who has several mental issues, got away with it for awhile because the court liaisons are usually man haters that have been abused by bad men in their lives, and they take her side. Most judges aren't fooled, at least not fore long. If you want to see your kids, you can.

Glad to hear things worked out for you in the end. I'm guessing your experience was not in the UK where there really is no effective way to ensure "visitation" or as it's known in the UK as "contact order". In the UK the family courts are overwhelmed and understaffed so it can take 9 months simply to get a court appointment ($300 fee to file each time). Even with a positive court outcome an order is often ignored and there is no punishment for the ex. Usually they will allow contact for a short period and then deny again. So then you go back to court and that's another 9 months waiting. See the website of "Fathers 4 Justice" to read more about denied contact with their children. The government agencies will react immediately and with total force to ensure that fathers pay for their kids but UK authorities do little or nothing to help children have contact with their father.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I've traded in before. But will keep the model I have now, she's reliable if a bit rusty in places.

When I want to dream about a younger model I can just shut my eyes or turn the lights out - cheaper too !

Mine too is a bit rusty in places , I blame the humidity , her knickers have holes in from scratching which helps a bit.

As for OP question.  Someone said to me when I said I was going back to LoS ' Your wife may not like it there ' I replied ( To much horror ) My wife isn't going , she just doesn't know yet.

At least my eldest daughter,son in law and 3 grandchildern come out to see me and my TW who is 23 years younger than me.

IMGP1205.JPG

Younger model !,hell no,too much trouble,never off the phone,

doing makeup,  nails, I need a good worker,who is not afraid to

get her hands dirty,who can cook,clean,garden,a  friend,confidant,

utterly trustworthy,why would i even think about losing all that

for some nookie,it took 30 odd years to train this one,i don't

want to go through all that again ????

regards Worgeordie

• Like 2

Finished with my ex Brit wife when the marriage was clearly on the rocks for a new life of many in Thailand. Then stupidly met another Brit and carried on having the best of both worlds for a few years before finishing with her. Now have been with a thai lady for 6 years and no plans to change at present. That’s not to say I never will. She ticks most if not all the boxes for now. 

With reference to previous posts re children and access I can concur that as much as you have the law on your side, in reality she holds all the cards. 

In my case i still had access but there were periods where I didn’t just because she decided to poison his mind and every one around her. To say you just get a better lawyer bla bla is just pish and in most cases more pain to the kids. Most times the truth will always out in later years and the Mother will live to regret her actions once the children grow up and realise what they are really like. That’s certainly the case for me. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

Finished with my ex Brit wife when the marriage was clearly on the rocks for a new life of many in Thailand. Then stupidly met another Brit and carried on having the best of both worlds for a few years before finishing with her. Now have been with a thai lady for 6 years and no plans to change at present. That’s not to say I never will. She ticks most if not all the boxes for now. 

With reference to previous posts re children and access I can concur that as much as you have the law on your side, in reality she holds all the cards. 

In my case i still had access but there were periods where I didn’t just because she decided to poison his mind and every one around her. To say you just get a better lawyer bla bla is just pish and in most cases more pain to the kids. Most times the truth will always out in later years and the Mother will live to regret her actions once the children grow up and realise what they are really like. That’s certainly the case for me. 

The way to prove a liar wrong is to show everyone you're not a liar, and to spend good times with your kids. They aren't stupid, especially when they have access. A wife can call the ex husband everything she wants but when the kids see different, they'll see right through the wife's bul##hit. Having a good lawyer from the start is the best plan you get, because their experience is with liars and they know the tricks they pull. If you wait until the kids grow up, yes, they might realize they've been brainwashed all along, but the damage is already done, and going without their fathers in their lives is more damage than anyone can say.

• Like 1

Why hasn't liverpoolfan entertained his fans with his personal relationships past and present in Thailand of course?

And by the way you sound just like the bloke who moved back to England and was living with his mother bragging about the cheap cost of living.

5 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

I’ve heard Korat and udon Thani are decent place to pickup chicks,

No!!!!      Udon Thani is a shocking place for picking up young Lao girls................give it a big miss......Your have to just trust me on this

Sanuk711

Udon Thani

14 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

No!!!!      Udon Thani is a shocking place for picking up young Lao girls................give it a big miss......Your have to just trust me on this

Sanuk711

Udon Thani

"Picking up" makes paying the bar fine sound respectable.

2 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

"Picking up" makes paying the bar fine sound respectable.

No  most Lao girls can not work bars.........That job is  reserved for Thai people.....

Edited by sanuk711

16 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Sanuk711

Udon Thani

Shame on you that you don't want to share them with other TV members, but I'm sure many read between the lines, and are on their way right now.

Cant not post the link(s)   TV does not allow ---

Strolling around downtown Udon Thani, visitors quickly gain the impression it is not much different from other major cities in Thailand. The locals are genuinely friendly and the streetscape consists of the usual food stalls, mega shopping malls and night market, adding a big-city vibe to the culturally rich northeastern hub.

But after sunset, five minutes away from the city's night market the atmosphere quickly changes.

"Do you want to hang out with young girls?" one tuk-tuk driver asks with a mischievous grin on his face. "I can take you to meet them there. They are all young and beautiful girls from Laos."

Edited by sanuk711