Tecno+ Brand Induction Cooktop

Khan417

Does anyone have any experience with Tecno+ brand induction cooktops? The sales guys and HomePro were really pushing this brand, but I take what they say with a grain of salt.

I'm wondering if it's worth it to spend a few thousand baht more for an Electrolux or Häfele one.

Allways a hazard with any "off brand" items, how reliable is it, are spares available in Thailand.

Personally, I'd spend a bit extra for a known-brand job. It may or may not be more reliable but there's a chance that spares will be available.

Or you could treat the Tecno+ unit as "disposable" and buy another if/when it fails.

I have the Xiaomi Mijia Smart Electric Induction Cooker 2100W which is available on Lazada for around 1500 baht.  It allows 100 different levels of heat making it as controllable as gas.  So I can put a stew on a low simmer and the level of heat stays consistent unlike conduction burners that turn on and off continually to try to average out to a low level.  I am very happy with it, but there is one problem.  After some months of use I could no longer connect to it via wifi with the Mi Home Android app.  That's too bad, but I still recommend the unit.  

On 7/12/2020 at 3:11 PM, Crossy said:

Allways a hazard with any "off brand" items, how reliable is it, are spares available in Thailand.

Personally, I'd spend a bit extra for a known-brand job. It may or may not be more reliable but there's a chance that spares will be available.

Or you could treat the Tecno+ unit as "disposable" and buy another if/when it fails.

Fair points, I prefer to spend a bit more for peace of mind so I ended up going with an Electrolux instead.

14 hours ago, cmarshall said:

I have the Xiaomi Mijia Smart Electric Induction Cooker 2100W which is available on Lazada for around 1500 baht.  It allows 100 different levels of heat making it as controllable as gas.  So I can put a stew on a low simmer and the level of heat stays consistent unlike conduction burners that turn on and off continually to try to average out to a low level.  I am very happy with it, but there is one problem.  After some months of use I could no longer connect to it via wifi with the Mi Home Android app.  That's too bad, but I still recommend the unit.  

This unit sounds very interesting. Is it possible to fry at least eggs with it if the wifi doesn't work? If not how can you survive? ????

7 hours ago, Oldie said:

This unit sounds very interesting. Is it possible to fry at least eggs with it if the wifi doesn't work? If not how can you survive? ????

The unit works completely even without the wifi.  You can set the power level and set a shutoff timer on the front panel of the unit.  The android apps allows you to monitor the timer and change those settings from the app, but it's not necessary at all.

Most Induction cooktops are virtually identical internally...But...the biggest difference is in the interface (choose the one you like best)...but the absolute MOST important thing is the size of the cooling fan. Look for the biggest fan and aperature you can find...cooling the circuit boards during and after cooking is key to longevity.