Jump to content
BANGKOK
Khan417

Tecno+ Brand Induction Cooktop

Recommended Posts

Does anyone have any experience with Tecno+ brand induction cooktops? The sales guys and HomePro were really pushing this brand, but I take what they say with a grain of salt.

 

I'm wondering if it's worth it to spend a few thousand baht more for an Electrolux or Häfele one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allways a hazard with any "off brand" items, how reliable is it, are spares available in Thailand.

 

Personally, I'd spend a bit extra for a known-brand job. It may or may not be more reliable but there's a chance that spares will be available.

 

Or you could treat the Tecno+ unit as "disposable" and buy another if/when it fails.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the Xiaomi Mijia Smart Electric Induction Cooker 2100W which is available on Lazada for around 1500 baht.  It allows 100 different levels of heat making it as controllable as gas.  So I can put a stew on a low simmer and the level of heat stays consistent unlike conduction burners that turn on and off continually to try to average out to a low level.  I am very happy with it, but there is one problem.  After some months of use I could no longer connect to it via wifi with the Mi Home Android app.  That's too bad, but I still recommend the unit.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2020 at 3:11 PM, Crossy said:

Allways a hazard with any "off brand" items, how reliable is it, are spares available in Thailand.

 

Personally, I'd spend a bit extra for a known-brand job. It may or may not be more reliable but there's a chance that spares will be available.

 

Or you could treat the Tecno+ unit as "disposable" and buy another if/when it fails.

Fair points, I prefer to spend a bit more for peace of mind so I ended up going with an Electrolux instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, cmarshall said:

I have the Xiaomi Mijia Smart Electric Induction Cooker 2100W which is available on Lazada for around 1500 baht.  It allows 100 different levels of heat making it as controllable as gas.  So I can put a stew on a low simmer and the level of heat stays consistent unlike conduction burners that turn on and off continually to try to average out to a low level.  I am very happy with it, but there is one problem.  After some months of use I could no longer connect to it via wifi with the Mi Home Android app.  That's too bad, but I still recommend the unit.  

This unit sounds very interesting. Is it possible to fry at least eggs with it if the wifi doesn't work? If not how can you survive? 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Oldie said:

This unit sounds very interesting. Is it possible to fry at least eggs with it if the wifi doesn't work? If not how can you survive? 😂

The unit works completely even without the wifi.  You can set the power level and set a shutoff timer on the front panel of the unit.  The android apps allows you to monitor the timer and change those settings from the app, but it's not necessary at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most Induction cooktops are virtually identical internally...But...the biggest difference is in the interface (choose the one you like best)...but the absolute MOST important thing is the size of the cooling fan. Look for the biggest fan and aperature you can find...cooling the circuit boards during and after cooking is key to longevity.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a Xiaomi promo on the induction cooker.  There are also video reviews of it on youtube.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81G2nfiwe6U

 

There is a cheaper "student" model, but that one only provided 10 levels of power, not the full 100.  So, not worth it to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...