Get a pool........ and then use it.

AllanB

Glad you're o.k. after your ordeal and have the P.M.A. to help yourself. Rather than sitting back and personally doing nothing to help yourself.

A salutary outlook, that others should consider before considerations of victimhood.

Live long and prosper.

I have a pool of the same size, but 1,35 m deeb. I have sun shade over half the pool and most of the year the temp of the water is 30 C, December and january I remove the sun shade since the temp can fall to 23 C and that is cold, I live in southern Sisaket.

I have a saltwater pool with sandfilter with zelllbrite in and there is not much maintenance, vacuum a couple of times a week.

We swim often and it has been a good investment. I am 74 and beside the pool exercise I have a younger wife and a Golden Retriever and the dog and me we walk at least 1 hour almost every day around in the rice fields and along klongs and lakes since the dog likes to swim.

A healthy body needs exercise and my heart is like a younger mans the doctor tells me when I take a health exam at a hospital in Ubon every second year.

Swimming is great exercise when you get older my pool is only 10 meters in the length when Im in the mood I go to my friends hotel it's 45m up and down for an hour sometimes wear my flippers good on the legs, then a couple of beers at the bar 

• 2 weeks later...

Would you please post some pictures.

This September construction will start........ i would like to have 11m x 3.5m x 1.3 concrete but the lady needs only 9m x 3.5m x1.25 (yes, she wants to save money. 

1st one 9 x 6. !.2 to 2 m deep. Nong Bua Lamphu.

Iridecant Midnight Black PebbleSupreme!

Overflow system. Australian PuraPool "Oxy Minerale UV" sanitation system using pink Himalayan salts.

2nd pool 6 x 3. 1.2 to 1.5 Jacuzzi 2 x 2 & 1.2 deep. Bangsaray. Just finished.

Cool Blue PebbleCrete Jacuzzi & Aqua Marine PebbleCrete pool.

Skimmer system with Australian PuraPool "Eco Low salts" sytsem.

1589786208363.jpg

1590036150971.jpg

1590455699305.jpg

Front.jpg

20200717_122414.jpg

20200717_122348.jpg

20200717_122401.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/12/2020 at 12:43 PM, AllanB said:

"swimming is the perfect exercise when it is 40c.

I agree...but a shaded pool is mandatory. Swimming laps in the blazing sun is pretty much going to toast you like a piece of fish in an air fryer. I used to love my condo pool 50 meters and usually shaded between the three high rise buildings in the complex. My Moo Baan pool is completely useless in the midday (and only opens at 11 AM)...only 20 meters...and either need to wait for a cloudy day or wait until after 5 PM when the sun is not blasting it...but then all the families start showing up with the little rugrats.....but it looks nice in the brochure.

1 hour ago, tonray said:

I agree...but a shaded pool is mandatory. Swimming laps in the blazing sun is pretty much going to toast you like a piece of fish in an air fryer. I used to love my condo pool 50 meters and usually shaded between the three high rise buildings in the complex. My Moo Baan pool is completely useless in the midday (and only opens at 11 AM)...only 20 meters...and either need to wait for a cloudy day or wait until after 5 PM when the sun is not blasting it...but then all the families start showing up with the little rugrats.....but it looks nice in the brochure.

A good point - I have a private pool and no shade - any sort of covering would block the endless view from the house... so, I will go in during daylight if there is cloud cover but not in hot season... otherwise dusk is nice or just after dark... sometimes early morn... 

• Like 1

On 7/22/2020 at 5:13 PM, CNX69 said:

Would you please post some pictures.

This September construction will start........ i would like to have 11m x 3.5m x 1.3 concrete but the lady needs only 9m x 3.5m x1.25 (yes, she wants to save money. 

We bought a house recently w/a pool... ours is about 9x4 and is adequate for me - a couple of things you might consider might be depth of the pool... we are not divers and there really is no need for a deep end... I also think that tile color is important... a blue tile makes the water look clearer and cleaner... a black makes it look dirty... where in CM area are you? 

And yes, we have the infinity edge so any leaves and such gets filtered out w/o having to be skimmed... 

Edited by kenk24

• 4 weeks later...