Jump to content
BANGKOK
bluesky1234577

Can I leave Thailand and come back now?

Recommended Posts

I have thd education visa, and I want to change to non B teaching visa. 

 

As far as I know, I need to leave thailand and come back. Can I get back to thailand with 14 days of quarantine?

Is there anyone can help me, please?

 

My plan is to go to Laos to get Non B visa there.

 

Thank you for your time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You cannot enter Laos at this time.

Only those that meet certain requirements can enter Thailand at this time You have to qualify for a certificate of entry issued by a embassy in the country you are located. You need a $100k US covid 19 insurance, covid 19 test and a fit to fly certificate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am very sorry, I am in thailand now. Should I go to my own embassy in bangkok to get the certificate?

And do u know is there any country that I can go quicky nearby thailand? Philipine would be the nearest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bluesky1234577 said:

I am very sorry, I am in thailand now. Should I go to my own embassy in bangkok to get the certificate?

You have to apply for the certificate of entry at the Thai embassy in the country you are located. It can take several weeks to get it and I think you would not qualify for one. You have to have a valid work permit to get one in your case.

Click a country on the map here to find out what is required for entry if possible. https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

OP, clearly you have no idea of current situation. If someone had to leave Thailand that's certainly possible. Returning to Thailand would be almost impossible.

To add, that could be the situation for loooong time. 

 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the only way to exit Thailand is to fly out?

 

If so, and I fly to say Penang or Kuala Lumper, get a non O single entry visa and fly back to Bangkok.

Do I then have to spend 2 weeks in quarantine?

 

Just asking?

 

What I really wanted was a non O multiple from Savannakhet, Laos. Does anyone know if that is possible? and how I can get there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

So the only way to exit Thailand is to fly out?

 

If so, and I fly to say Penang or Kuala Lumper, get a non O single entry visa and fly back to Bangkok.

Do I then have to spend 2 weeks in quarantine?

 

Just asking?

 

What I really wanted was a non O multiple from Savannakhet, Laos. Does anyone know if that is possible? and how I can get there?

 

It's impossible to fly to neighboring countries in East Asia just to get a visa as most countries are off-limits to short-term foreigners. 

 

The only options for you guys is to fly back to the country of your citizenship and then apply to come back in again. Definitely not from Laos or Malaysia.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bluesky1234577 said:

I am very sorry, I am in thailand now. Should I go to my own embassy in bangkok to get the certificate?

And do u know is there any country that I can go quicky nearby thailand? Philipine would be the nearest?

 

Published 18.06.2020
1. Passengers are not allowed to enter.
- This does not apply to nationals of the Philippines.
- This does not apply to spouses or children of nationals of the Philippines.

 

Short-term foreigners are not allowed to fly anywhere in East Asia. The only option you have is to fly back to your citizen country or its travel bubble.

 

Why do you need to change your education visa? Just use it until the pandemic is over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, EricTh said:

 

It's impossible to fly to neighboring countries in East Asia just to get a visa as most countries are off-limits to short-term foreigners. 

 

The only options for you guys is to fly back to the country of your citizenship and then apply to come back in again. Definitely not from Laos or Malaysia.

 

I disagree. I've spent 16 years in Thailand and have never had to return to my home country. I am married to a Thai for 14 years and have a 14 year old son. Why should I be forced to go home to get a visa?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Wilsonandson - You are in the same boat with many of us who are here on Non-O Visa entries.  We have no way to get another visa, and have no news as to what will happen July 31.  My plan is to go to Turkey (the closest place I can enter), if another option is not made available.

 

If you have not used your 60-day extension for visiting your wife, you could apply for that before July 31.  If you have 400K "in the bank" during that 60-days, you could then apply for a 1-year extension. 

 

If you already used your 60-day extension, and it has expired, another option is to pay an agent a large sum (approx $1100 in Bangkok) to arrange a 1-year Non-O (family-based) extension.  If not working here and over 50, you could go for a 1-year Non-O based on retirement, for "only" about 20K Baht in Bangkok, or possibly ~12K or so at Jomtien.

 

@bluesky1234577 - Reports indicate 30K Baht or so through an agent for immigration is needed, for them to do what is perfectly legal - issue a new Non-Immigrant permitted-stay for a different reason than your last one, if provided with supporting-paperwork for the new type. 

 

They put this service in the "only with agent-money for me" category, along with various other circumstances - which forces many of us to travel to Thai Consulates, where we can deal with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, instead of very-corrupt immigration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

@Wilsonandson - You are in the same boat with many of us who are here on Non-O Visa entries.  We have no way to get another visa, and have no news as to what will happen July 31.  My plan is to go to Turkey (the closest place I can enter), if another option is not made available.

 

If you have not used your 60-day extension for visiting your wife, you could apply for that before July 31.  If you have 400K "in the bank" during that 60-days, you could then apply for a 1-year extension. 

 

If you already used your 60-day extension, and it has expired, another option is to pay an agent a large sum (approx $1100 in Bangkok) to arrange a 1-year Non-O (family-based) extension.  If not working here and over 50, you could go for a 1-year Non-O based on retirement, for "only" about 20K Baht in Bangkok, or possibly ~12K or so at Jomtien.

 

@bluesky1234577 - Reports indicate 30K Baht or so through an agent for immigration is needed, for them to do what is perfectly legal - issue a new Non-Immigrant permitted-stay for a different reason than your last one, if provided with supporting-paperwork for the new type. 

 

They put this service in the "only with agent-money for me" category, along with various other circumstances - which forces many of us to travel to Thai Consulates, where we can deal with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, instead of very-corrupt immigration.

Can you message me some details on how to contact the agent in Bangkok to arrange a 1-year Non-O (family-based) extension. 

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Can you message me some details on how to contact the agent in Bangkok to arrange a 1-year Non-O (family-based) extension. 

 

Cheers

I did not use one, though contacted many when first attempting an extension;  it appears only "law firms" can do family-based in Bangkok, due to the need for a "connection" to the district-level sign-off person.  Unlike retirement-based, if supporting a Thai family, the application must be approved at the district-level. 

 

If no options to stay after July 31, I am probably flying to Turkey.

Edited by JackThompson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The situation is clearly <deleted> as of that news on friday in khaosodenglish. As many people can not get a letter from embassy anymore as they can fly home freely. The problem would be returning. Disgusting how they treat us with wifes and families. I am done with it really, if no extension of amnesty soon it will be the last straw.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...