Can I leave Thailand and come back now?

I have thd education visa, and I want to change to non B teaching visa. 

As far as I know, I need to leave thailand and come back. Can I get back to thailand with 14 days of quarantine?

Is there anyone can help me, please?

My plan is to go to Laos to get Non B visa there.

Thank you for your time

You cannot enter Laos at this time.

Only those that meet certain requirements can enter Thailand at this time You have to qualify for a certificate of entry issued by a embassy in the country you are located. You need a $100k US covid 19 insurance, covid 19 test and a fit to fly certificate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bluesky1234577 said:

I am very sorry, I am in thailand now. Should I go to my own embassy in bangkok to get the certificate?

You have to apply for the certificate of entry at the Thai embassy in the country you are located. It can take several weeks to get it and I think you would not qualify for one. You have to have a valid work permit to get one in your case.

Click a country on the map here to find out what is required for entry if possible. https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

OP, clearly you have no idea of current situation. If someone had to leave Thailand that's certainly possible. Returning to Thailand would be almost impossible.

To add, that could be the situation for loooong time. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

So the only way to exit Thailand is to fly out?

If so, and I fly to say Penang or Kuala Lumper, get a non O single entry visa and fly back to Bangkok.

Do I then have to spend 2 weeks in quarantine?

Just asking?

What I really wanted was a non O multiple from Savannakhet, Laos. Does anyone know if that is possible? and how I can get there?

13 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

So the only way to exit Thailand is to fly out?

If so, and I fly to say Penang or Kuala Lumper, get a non O single entry visa and fly back to Bangkok.

Do I then have to spend 2 weeks in quarantine?

Just asking?

What I really wanted was a non O multiple from Savannakhet, Laos. Does anyone know if that is possible? and how I can get there?

It's impossible to fly to neighboring countries in East Asia just to get a visa as most countries are off-limits to short-term foreigners. 

The only options for you guys is to fly back to the country of your citizenship and then apply to come back in again. Definitely not from Laos or Malaysia.

2 hours ago, bluesky1234577 said:

I am very sorry, I am in thailand now. Should I go to my own embassy in bangkok to get the certificate?

And do u know is there any country that I can go quicky nearby thailand? Philipine would be the nearest?

Published 18.06.2020
1. Passengers are not allowed to enter.
- This does not apply to nationals of the Philippines.
- This does not apply to spouses or children of nationals of the Philippines.

Short-term foreigners are not allowed to fly anywhere in East Asia. The only option you have is to fly back to your citizen country or its travel bubble.

Why do you need to change your education visa? Just use it until the pandemic is over.

15 minutes ago, EricTh said:

It's impossible to fly to neighboring countries in East Asia just to get a visa as most countries are off-limits to short-term foreigners. 

The only options for you guys is to fly back to the country of your citizenship and then apply to come back in again. Definitely not from Laos or Malaysia.

I disagree. I've spent 16 years in Thailand and have never had to return to my home country. I am married to a Thai for 14 years and have a 14 year old son. Why should I be forced to go home to get a visa?

• Confused 1

@Wilsonandson - You are in the same boat with many of us who are here on Non-O Visa entries.  We have no way to get another visa, and have no news as to what will happen July 31.  My plan is to go to Turkey (the closest place I can enter), if another option is not made available.

If you have not used your 60-day extension for visiting your wife, you could apply for that before July 31.  If you have 400K "in the bank" during that 60-days, you could then apply for a 1-year extension. 

If you already used your 60-day extension, and it has expired, another option is to pay an agent a large sum (approx $1100 in Bangkok) to arrange a 1-year Non-O (family-based) extension.  If not working here and over 50, you could go for a 1-year Non-O based on retirement, for "only" about 20K Baht in Bangkok, or possibly ~12K or so at Jomtien.

@bluesky1234577 - Reports indicate 30K Baht or so through an agent for immigration is needed, for them to do what is perfectly legal - issue a new Non-Immigrant permitted-stay for a different reason than your last one, if provided with supporting-paperwork for the new type. 

They put this service in the "only with agent-money for me" category, along with various other circumstances - which forces many of us to travel to Thai Consulates, where we can deal with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, instead of very-corrupt immigration.

15 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

@Wilsonandson - You are in the same boat with many of us who are here on Non-O Visa entries.  We have no way to get another visa, and have no news as to what will happen July 31.  My plan is to go to Turkey (the closest place I can enter), if another option is not made available.

If you have not used your 60-day extension for visiting your wife, you could apply for that before July 31.  If you have 400K "in the bank" during that 60-days, you could then apply for a 1-year extension. 

If you already used your 60-day extension, and it has expired, another option is to pay an agent a large sum (approx $1100 in Bangkok) to arrange a 1-year Non-O (family-based) extension.  If not working here and over 50, you could go for a 1-year Non-O based on retirement, for "only" about 20K Baht in Bangkok, or possibly ~12K or so at Jomtien.

@bluesky1234577 - Reports indicate 30K Baht or so through an agent for immigration is needed, for them to do what is perfectly legal - issue a new Non-Immigrant permitted-stay for a different reason than your last one, if provided with supporting-paperwork for the new type. 

They put this service in the "only with agent-money for me" category, along with various other circumstances - which forces many of us to travel to Thai Consulates, where we can deal with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, instead of very-corrupt immigration.

Can you message me some details on how to contact the agent in Bangkok to arrange a 1-year Non-O (family-based) extension. 

Cheers

20 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Can you message me some details on how to contact the agent in Bangkok to arrange a 1-year Non-O (family-based) extension. 

Cheers

I did not use one, though contacted many when first attempting an extension;  it appears only "law firms" can do family-based in Bangkok, due to the need for a "connection" to the district-level sign-off person.  Unlike retirement-based, if supporting a Thai family, the application must be approved at the district-level. 

If no options to stay after July 31, I am probably flying to Turkey.

Edited by JackThompson

The situation is clearly <deleted> as of that news on friday in khaosodenglish. As many people can not get a letter from embassy anymore as they can fly home freely. The problem would be returning. Disgusting how they treat us with wifes and families. I am done with it really, if no extension of amnesty soon it will be the last straw.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

26 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

The situation is clearly <deleted> as of that news on friday in khaosodenglish.

I have completely ignored since it was on the opinion of a spokesman.

I think it will be extended for 30 days and they may say it is the last one to give people time to get things sorted out.

• Like 1

My case is quite similar so I will post my question here. 

Got my Non-imm  O-A Visa on Oct 24, 2019.   Entered the country in Dec 2019. 

No insurance coverage ( not needed ),  had done all the 90-day reporting,  and everything has been good to this point. 

My plan ( say Plan A ) was to leave Thailand in mid Oct 2020 and re-enter Thailand on Oct 20, 2020. So I can stay in Thailand from Oct 2020 to Oct 2021 with no concern of insurance matter.

I was optimistic in April 2020.   Now in mid July 2020,  Plan A does not look promising at all. 

Due to current border control restriction,  this leaving and re-entering process may not be even doable by mid-Oct 2020.   In case it will be doable in mid-Oct 2020,  the COVID-19 testing cost,  specific insurance cost for US $100K coverage,  flight cost and self-paid quarantine cost will add to rather high amount,  not yet factoring time lost etc.   

My Plan B is NOT leaving the country and just go to  IO to apply for extension of O-A Visa few days before Oct 24, 2020.  Understand that prerequisite is  800,000 B  in Thai bank account two months before application,  i.e mid August 2020  and also have the 400K/40K  insurance certificate in hand. 

Question :    Do I miss anything that is needed to execute my Plan B  ?

That LMG insurance that Peter Denis had found for us is appr 8000 B annual premium for my age bracket .  I foresee that leaving the country and back is going to cost much higher than this amount.    

Because my O-A VISA time line was just days before insurance requirement kicking in last year,   I presume there may be others in same situation as mine.   

On 7/12/2020 at 3:26 PM, bluesky1234577 said:

Right, it is almost impossible. But, the thing is I need to go out to change my visa type....

No you don't. Agents can fix your issue if you are willing to pay the price. However, even that may not be necessary. Speak to immigration first and in the worst case scenario, send your passport off to an agent.

On 7/13/2020 at 4:40 PM, ChaiyaTH said:

The situation is clearly <deleted> as of that news on friday in khaosodenglish. As many people can not get a letter from embassy anymore as they can fly home freely. The problem would be returning. Disgusting how they treat us with wifes and families. I am done with it really, if no extension of amnesty soon it will be the last straw.

if you have wife or thai children you can extend your visa for 60 days or for 1 year.