BANGKOK
Lwood

Disposing DVDs, CDs and Books

I need to create some space at home and want to get rid of a load of DVDs, CDs and a few books (all English).  I am not looking for any money.  A charity would be great but otherwise anyone who could put them to good use in the pattaya/jomtien area.  I can't find answers through internet searches.    Any ideas please?

Have a yard sale. You will meet people, create a sense of community and do something enjoyable. Donate the money earned to a charity. 

Rooster

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

There is a second hand bookstall a few doors up from the Triangle bar in Soi Pothole. Can’t remember the name of it but it is an English name like Shakespear or something similar. They would be grateful for anything you give them.

Good luck

Just found out, it’s called Canterbury Tales.

Edited by ianezy0

donate to local school library.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

But wouldn't giving books to Canterbury Tales be a bit of a chore,sir? 🙂

Rooster

Ha ha ha now that is my sense of humour 🤣

Edited by ianezy0

19 hours ago, ianezy0 said:

There is a second hand bookstall a few doors up from the Triangle bar in Soi Pothole. Can’t remember the name of it but it is an English name like Shakespear or something similar. They would be grateful for anything you give them.

Good luck

Just found out, it’s called Canterbury Tales.

Where the hell is soi Pothole?😃

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Where the hell is soi Pothole?😃

5555 Soi Chaloem Phrakiat 23 Alley.

Renowned for the potholes 👍

Edited by ianezy0
  • Like 1

Donate to The Cantebury Tales or similar. Meetings are suspended currently but they have book and DVD swaps at The Expats Club. 

On 7/13/2020 at 10:55 AM, ianezy0 said:

5555 Soi Chaloem Phrakiat 23 Alley.

Renowned for the potholes 👍

That's funny. I always thought it was Soi Chaiyapoom but must just be local nickname. You could have always added more of a description like -  the sleaziest street in the whole of Pattaya. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

That's funny. I always thought it was Soi Chaiyapoom but must just be local nickname. You could have always added more of a description like -  the sleaziest street in the whole of Pattaya. 

Lol. Yes that’s what I thought so I looked on Google maps and got a different name. 🙃

• Haha 1

There used to be a "Chaiyapoom Inn Hotel" further down the soi (across from the Anzac Bar). Perhaps that's where people got the name from. (It shows as being there back in 2012 but changed to "Chaiyapoom Apartment" by 2017 or earlier.)

Many sois are named (officially and unofficially) after the predominate business on that soi (at the time). Like Soi Diana Inn. Soi Happy (a-go-go). Soi BJ (yeah, there used to be a "<deleted> bar" up the little alley so the soi was named after it). Soi DayNight. Soi Hollywood, etc, etc.

• Like 2