Map of "the applicant" house in thailand for 1 year extension

Going to do my first 1 year extension based on marriage soon, what are the requirements of this map? Is it a map of local area? Or to get to where we live from the immigration office? Google map or drawn by hand?

Thanks in advance.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think this , like everything here , depend on the immigration office.

I have seen some posters stating Google map printed out accepted and others stating had to be hand drawn.

My map , on the two occasions I was asked for it , was from the Big C to my home , I think the nearest landmark is acceptable, from the immigration to my home would be asking a bit much I think. 

On the second occasion my gf actually did the map so I don’t believe it is to prove that you live there more to give them an idea for their home visit.

• Thanks 1

Take Both handrawn and google.. Every office differs. Handrawn shows local area, google shows route from Immigration office to home.

Edited by PST
  • Like 1

CW is satisfied with a simple hand-drawn map of the local area that includes "the mall", one major intersection, and our little soi with an ""X" marks the spot.

i think it was originally asked for because google maps doesn't always correctly show address locations.

nowadays, it's just required because some big poohbah demanded it, and the little poohbahs are unwilling to question it.  so now it's just one more piece of paper that goes in the package, checked off on the list, and filed away never to be seen again.

• Like 1

I used to take a Google printout of the local area. That worked okay for a number of years until I was told to hand draw a map.

Now I take both. I also write my address in full and my phone number.

They seem happy with that.

• Like 1

Differs from office to office, but I always do both so they don't have anything to complain about. In Hua Hin, they've only taken the printed map from Google so far. Just make sure they both include some major landmark (like a mall), a major street, and your house.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The general rule is that the map needs to from the nearest main road or intersection.

I use a copy of a hand drawn map that was done years ago.

Stadtler has found that anything scribbled on paper is acceptable.  Stadtler drew a game of hangman on his and it wasn't noticed.

• Haha 1