So what happens on July 31 when the visa amnesty runs out.

Are land boarder crossing open?  If they are and you cross the boarder and then return to renew your current visa will you have to undergo  2 week quarantine. What are your options if you can not get a flight out or face a hefty bill and quarantine in your home state let alone risk contracting COVID-19 in flight or in quarantine.

Will Immigration have thousand of forang at their door on August 1. 

Education, Volunteer and marriage visas are they an option? Can you get a visa based on being a parent of a Thai National (Not married)? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

You mentioned a Thai-Child.  You can get a 60-day extension for this - but will let someone else explain exactly what is needed (generally), for this - possibly more than just name on the Birth-Cert.

In general, you can go to your immigration office, which has rules independent of all other offices, and ask if they will do X, Y, Z or not.  "No" usually means go to the agent(s)/lawyers/accountants that work with the IOs in that office, and see what their price is (most of which goes to immigration in an envelope). 

"Other options" for me includes Turkey - no quarantine to enter, and no test if no symptoms upon entry.  There are other options, but further away.  EU folks may also have additional options.

1 hour ago, OffshoreMig said:

So what happens on July 31 when the visa amnesty runs out.

It might not runout. I think it will be extended. But they may set the ending date as the last day to get your permit to stay sorted out or leave the country.

Are land boarder crossing open?  If they are and you cross the boarder and then return to renew your current visa will you have to undergo  2 week quarantine.

Closed and unknown what will be needed when they do open.

Can you get a visa based on being a parent of a Thai National (Not married)? 

You apply for a 60 day extension to visit your child. You would need their birth certificate and a copy of their house book registry and they have to be with you.

For a visa application or one year extension at immigration you must be the legal parent or child by way of marriage or legitimization of your parenthood.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

"Other options" for me includes Turkey - no quarantine to enter, and no test if no symptoms upon entry.  There are other options, but further away.  EU folks may also have additional options.

Yes but what about on return.  I could go Vietnam  or Laos but can you border run

35 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It might not runout. I think it will be extended. But they may set the ending date as the last day to get your permit to stay sorted out or leave the country.

Closed and unknown what will be needed when they do open.

You apply for a 60 day extension to visit your child. You would need their birth certificate and a copy of their house book registry and they have to be with you.

For a visa application or one year extension at immigration you must be the legal parent or child by way of marriage or legitimization of your parenthood.

And if birth not due until October? 

42 minutes ago, OffshoreMig said:

Yes but what about on return.  I could go Vietnam  or Laos but can you border run

For me, I get 90-days on-entry in Turkey (varies by your passport).  Will have to see at that time what is needed to return, if possible, - or go where ever is closest that is open.  Hopefully a better option before Thailand makes me/us "clear out."

• Like 1

It's a joke and so unrespectful from the Thai government they are letting us wait so long. Before someone says 'you could get out' , NO ONE SAID we HAD to get out! My country said it is our own responsbability, as long as you have enough money.  No one said COME HERE ASAP! I wanted to stay here, and I am still here in Thailand. A lot of flights are getting canceled, I don't want to put my money in a ticket and waiting on the voucher because it gets canceled and having to buy another ticket again. I have a condo to pay, I dont live in bkk so I can't stay in BKK waiting for the flight finally to go and meanwhile paying my hotel in bkk.. There are people sick, having money problems, having mental problems, i want to know in which part of the world i am in 3 weeks! If they said ' you should get out asap'. i would have left this country directly, but no one said that! Meanwhile they are jsut focusing on their '0 covid cases' and all other bull<deleted>s, while there are thousands of people with connections to the 'real' world who are waiting on an answer! At moments like this i am so happy i dont live here permanently and my own country has a very amazing system... 

Edited by E020
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, OffshoreMig said:

Borders are CLOSED. Entry into Thailand by air limited to Thai nationals returning and few other groups. Such as PR, married guys etc. Their entry very difficult.

Borders opening is anyone's guess and requirements could be a deal breaker.

If anyone leaves Thailand now it's guess work when you could re-enter. I'm thinking LOOOOONG time.

2 hours ago, JackThompson said:

You mentioned a Thai-Child.  You can get a 60-day extension for this - but will let someone else explain exactly what is needed (generally), for this - possibly more than just name on the Birth-Cert.

I have a 14 year old son. This is a great idea! So as far as I know all I need is :-

- Original birth certificate plus signed copy.

- Signed copies of the child's Tabien Baan.

- Signed copies of your passport pages: ID page, visa, entry stamp, departure card.

1 x photo 6 x 4.

- Maybe a TM30 completed by the owner/house-master of the address you live at.

- 1,900 baht.

Thank's JackThompson, you solved my problem.

51 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Borders are CLOSED. Entry into Thailand by air limited to Thai nationals returning and few other groups. Such as PR, married guys etc. Their entry very difficult.

Borders opening is anyone's guess and requirements could be a deal breaker.

If anyone leaves Thailand now it's guess work when you could re-enter. I'm thinking LOOOOONG time.

2-3 years perhaps, as someone once posted.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Wilsonandson said:

I have a 14 year old son. This is a great idea! So as far as I know all I need is :-

- Original birth certificate plus signed copy.

- Signed copies of the child's Tabien Baan.

- Signed copies of your passport pages: ID page, visa, entry stamp, departure card.

1 x photo 6 x 4.

- Maybe a TM30 completed by the owner/house-master of the address you live at.

- 1,900 baht.

Thank's JackThompson, you solved my problem.

Think you need son with you. 

Someone that has done that will confirm or dismiss.

6 hours ago, E020 said:

...Before someone says 'you could get out' , NO ONE SAID we HAD to get out! My country said it is our own responsbability...

I don't know your nationality nor how you arrived in Thailand but when you arrived immigration put a stamp into your passport informing you how long you were allowed to stay in Thailand. That stamp was immigration's way of telling you to get out not later than that date.

In addition, when the Covid-19 pandemic started, the embassies of many countries advised their nationals to cut their visit short and get out quickly while commercial flights were still available.

Later, some countries arranged repatriation flights for those who had failed to heed their advice to get out quickly.

You write that your - unnamed - country said that it was your own responsibility. Who else's responsibility did you expect it to be?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1