BANGKOK

Hi all,

My 90 day Non-Immigrant O based on Marriage expired May 18 and I'm currently under the amnesty umbrella until July 31st.

I'm assuming we should hear something soon.

Assuming that there'll be no further amnesty period, is it right that I can just apply for a 60 day extension before July 31st?

Thanks and regards,

Gary

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GA19 said:

Assuming that there'll be no further amnesty period, is it right that I can just apply for a 60 day extension before July 31st?

Yes you can.

Posted (edited)

OP, you have correct answer above. 

Given uncertain times ahead if you apply for 60 day extension to visit Thai wife,  then you could consider applying for 12 month extension based on marriage under that extension.

Meaning you can relax in nervous times. No need exit Thailand. 

Edited by DrJack54

Posted (edited)

UbonJoe and DrJack54,

Noted that, thank you. I didn't know about the 12 month extension actually. I'll research it. I'm grateful to be able to draw on your knowledge. You're right, very uncertain times.

Regards.

Edited by GA19
  • Like 1

I'm in a similar position in that I had a 90 day visa based on marriage with a leave date of 28th March. I'd planned to return to the UK on the 15th March but decided not to and the next day I got a 60 day extension until 27th May. My understanding is that unless there's an extension I'll need to leave at the end of the month. I have a Gulf Air return ticket but they don't start flying until the 1 August so I'll need to pay the fine.

I am in a similar situation to yourself. I have a single entry (90 days) NON-0 visa, obtained in Ho Chi Minh City based on having a Thai child. I entered Thailand on 18th Feb, my date to extend should've been 17th May. Now I am obviously on amnesty until 31st July. 

Given that I am not yet married to my partner, would the same rules for extending apply to me with my visa being based on having a Thai child? 

Might be a stupid question, but any help would be appreciated... 

Regards

Is it allowable to post the following.

If you are on an extension of stay based on working or being married meaning you normally do 90 day reports ( at the moment suspended, because of amnesty ) then you renew on your next due date as normal, for another 12 months. 

If you are on a multi entry O visa based on being married meaning you leave and re-enter every 90 days then your last entry of 90 days has been extended to 31st July ( amnesty ). 

You can then, being married, just before 31st apply for a sixty day entry ( to visit/stay with your wife).

You can then use those 60 days to season your 400,000 baht and apply for a one year extension bsaed on being married.

1 hour ago, bkkdawg said:

I am in a similar situation to yourself. I have a single entry (90 days) NON-0 visa, obtained in Ho Chi Minh City based on having a Thai child. I entered Thailand on 18th Feb, my date to extend should've been 17th May. Now I am obviously on amnesty until 31st July. 

Given that I am not yet married to my partner, would the same rules for extending apply to me with my visa being based on having a Thai child? 

Might be a stupid question, but any help would be appreciated... 

Regards

Usually you can get till 9 months more after your first 90 days, based on TH child at your local immigration even if not married. 

Go there (to immigration) and let me know, ok:) by pm. 

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes you can.

If one gets a 60 day extension based on family (wife)

Can one then get a 12 month extension based on family (wife) within the 60 days and the finances have been seasoned? 

Or would one need to leave Thailand and get another visa because a 60 day extension cannot be extended with a 12 month extension?

TIA. 

1 hour ago, spiekerjozef said:

What if you want to visit somebody else's Thai wife?

Computer says no! :bah:

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

You can then, being married, just before 31st apply for a sixty day entry ( to visit/stay with your wife).

You can then use those 60 days to season your 400,000 baht and apply for a one year extension bsaed on being married.

A 60 day extension then being extended with the 12 month extension? Is that for sure? 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

A 60 day extension then being extended with the 12 month extension? Is that for sure? 

If you maintain the 400,000 baht in the bank during that 60 days then being married you can apply for a 12 month extension at the end of the 60.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1