Amnesty ending July 31

Hi all,

My 90 day Non-Immigrant O based on Marriage expired May 18 and I'm currently under the amnesty umbrella until July 31st.

I'm assuming we should hear something soon.

Assuming that there'll be no further amnesty period, is it right that I can just apply for a 60 day extension before July 31st?

Thanks and regards,

Gary

• Like 1

OP, you have correct answer above. 

Given uncertain times ahead if you apply for 60 day extension to visit Thai wife,  then you could consider applying for 12 month extension based on marriage under that extension.

Meaning you can relax in nervous times. No need exit Thailand. 

Edited by DrJack54

UbonJoe and DrJack54,

Noted that, thank you. I didn't know about the 12 month extension actually. I'll research it. I'm grateful to be able to draw on your knowledge. You're right, very uncertain times.

Regards.

Edited by GA19
  • Like 1

I'm in a similar position in that I had a 90 day visa based on marriage with a leave date of 28th March. I'd planned to return to the UK on the 15th March but decided not to and the next day I got a 60 day extension until 27th May. My understanding is that unless there's an extension I'll need to leave at the end of the month. I have a Gulf Air return ticket but they don't start flying until the 1 August so I'll need to pay the fine.

I am in a similar situation to yourself. I have a single entry (90 days) NON-0 visa, obtained in Ho Chi Minh City based on having a Thai child. I entered Thailand on 18th Feb, my date to extend should've been 17th May. Now I am obviously on amnesty until 31st July. 

Given that I am not yet married to my partner, would the same rules for extending apply to me with my visa being based on having a Thai child? 

Might be a stupid question, but any help would be appreciated... 

Regards

Is it allowable to post the following.

If you are on an extension of stay based on working or being married meaning you normally do 90 day reports ( at the moment suspended, because of amnesty ) then you renew on your next due date as normal, for another 12 months. 

If you are on a multi entry O visa based on being married meaning you leave and re-enter every 90 days then your last entry of 90 days has been extended to 31st July ( amnesty ). 

You can then, being married, just before 31st apply for a sixty day entry ( to visit/stay with your wife).

You can then use those 60 days to season your 400,000 baht and apply for a one year extension bsaed on being married.

1 hour ago, bkkdawg said:

I am in a similar situation to yourself. I have a single entry (90 days) NON-0 visa, obtained in Ho Chi Minh City based on having a Thai child. I entered Thailand on 18th Feb, my date to extend should've been 17th May. Now I am obviously on amnesty until 31st July. 

Given that I am not yet married to my partner, would the same rules for extending apply to me with my visa being based on having a Thai child? 

Might be a stupid question, but any help would be appreciated... 

Regards

Usually you can get till 9 months more after your first 90 days, based on TH child at your local immigration even if not married. 

Go there (to immigration) and let me know, ok:) by pm. 

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes you can.

If one gets a 60 day extension based on family (wife)

Can one then get a 12 month extension based on family (wife) within the 60 days and the finances have been seasoned? 

Or would one need to leave Thailand and get another visa because a 60 day extension cannot be extended with a 12 month extension?

TIA. 

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

You can then, being married, just before 31st apply for a sixty day entry ( to visit/stay with your wife).

You can then use those 60 days to season your 400,000 baht and apply for a one year extension bsaed on being married.

A 60 day extension then being extended with the 12 month extension? Is that for sure? 

9 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

A 60 day extension then being extended with the 12 month extension? Is that for sure? 

If you maintain the 400,000 baht in the bank during that 60 days then being married you can apply for a 12 month extension at the end of the 60.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

What if i already have had a 60 day extension and my non o multi visa based on marriage expires on july 24th, I cant get finances into my bank for a 12 month extension, so if the borders stay closed can i get another 60 day extension.

i will phone my local immigration office but its nice to hear forum members input.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CFCjeff said:

What if i already have had a 60 day extension and my non o multi visa based on marriage expires on july 24th, I cant get finances into my bank for a 12 month extension, so if the borders stay closed can i get another 60 day extension.

i will phone my local immigration office but its nice to hear forum members input.

As only one 60 day extension per entry is allowed it would seem a 30 day extension is all you might get if the amnesty is not extended.

I'm willing/hoping to be proved wrong.

• Like 1

You probably can.. but go to immigration immediately.  Today I changed from tourist to non imm O on marriage.. was told all on amnesty have until July 31st to make changes... after that you would be on overstay and would have to leave the country.  The office in Kalasin was busy today.. a few ferangs but saw them processing what I think must have been stacks of Lao visas.. 

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

As only one 60 day extension per entry is allowed it would seem a 30 day extension is all you might get if the amnesty is not extended.

I'm willing/hoping to be proved wrong.

I’m in a similar situation as some posters on here.
Please find below my history :

-Entered LOS December 18th with Non O single 90 days
-60 days extension upon mariage until May 15Th
-Like many, amnesty granted till July 31st
Booked THAI flight on August 1st. It would have been perfect, unfortunately THAIAIRWAYS cancelled all its flights till September...

Just sent my wife to Jomtien Immigration :

Regardless THAIAIRWAYS issue, IO said I am entitled to a new 60 days extension...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, you have correct answer above. 

Given uncertain times ahead if you apply for 60 day extension to visit Thai wife,  then you could consider applying for 12 month extension based on marriage under that extension.

Meaning you can relax in nervous times. No need exit Thailand. 

Or, you could wait for a few days for when an announcement is made about what happens after the 31st. Unless the borders with neighbouring countries are opened with no restrictions then I can't see any alternative to extending the amnesty. After all, nothing will have changed from the present situation.

1 hour ago, Laza 45 said:

You probably can.. but go to immigration immediately.  Today I changed from tourist to non imm O on marriage.. was told all on amnesty have until July 31st to make changes... after that you would be on overstay and would have to leave the country.  The office in Kalasin was busy today.. a few ferangs but saw them processing what I think must have been stacks of Lao visas.. 

Are you saying that Kalasin immigration told you that every foreigner who has made use of the amnesty - somewhere on this site suggested that 200,000 are in such a situation - would have to get out of Thailand after the 31st, or buy an extension? So, therefore, the amnesty will not be extended. And did they say where these 200,000 might go, with borders closed? And how long they would be given to leave before being arrested?

1 hour ago, bslmh said:

I’m in a similar situation as some posters on here.
Please find below my history :

-Entered LOS December 18th with Non O single 90 days
-60 days extension upon mariage until May 15Th
-Like many, amnesty granted till July 31st
Booked THAI flight on August 1st. It would have been perfect, unfortunately THAIAIRWAYS cancelled all its flights till September...

Just sent my wife to Jomtien Immigration :

Regardless THAIAIRWAYS issue, IO said I am entitled to a new 60 days extension...

That sounds like very good news. As I said before happy to be proved wrong.

I have a multi entry non-o visa, normally I just cross every 3 months... but since March been on the amnesty. If they do not extend the amnesty, will I be able to cross and come back in? Or will there be some quarantine stuff or complications doing a boarder run? (My multi non-o is valid till November this year).

I would do an extension but do not have anything close to 400,000 baht anymore.   ????   So I am concerned.... don't want to have to leave in 2 weeks and not be able to get back in. Any info on this? Thanks guys

BTW non-o based on Married to Thai for 15 years and have an 11 year old son.... been in Thailand for the last 18 years

1 hour ago, GeoKnight said:

I would do an extension but do not have anything close to 400,000 baht anymore.   ????   So I am concerned.... don't want to have to leave in 2 weeks and not be able to get back in. Any info on this? Thanks guys

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife if the amnesty ends.

• Like 1

Hi,

my multi non-o expired 5 may. I went to nonthaburi IO this morning and the answer for expansion was NO. 60 days wife visit... NO.. he told me i need to leave the country on 31 july. And added he really believes there wont be any more amnesty. 

CW is ok with expired visas. I went there the same day afternoon.

Edited by problemfarang
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

That sounds like very good news. As I said before happy to be proved wrong.

Though being skeptical I just want to believe it, but until I have the stamp in my passport, I will not be serene.

6 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Or, you could wait for a few days for when an announcement is made about what happens after the 31st. Unless the borders with neighbouring countries are opened with no restrictions then I can't see any alternative to extending the amnesty. After all, nothing will have changed from the present situation.

The problem is if there's no extension to the amnesty there's a huge backlog of people who'll have to leave straight away. Hopefully someone will realise and act accordingly but if they don't then you're in a bit of a fix.