Amnesty ending July 31

12 hours ago, kimamey said:

The problem is if there's no extension to the amnesty there's a huge backlog of people who'll have to leave straight away. Hopefully someone will realise and act accordingly but if they don't then you're in a bit of a fix. 

Not correct, there has been no announcement about the time that people will have to leave once the amnesty finishes. There will be an announcement before July 31st, it could well extend the amnesty.

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Not correct, there has been no announcement about the time that people will have to leave once the amnesty finishes. There will be an announcement before July 31st, it could well extend the amnesty.

Silly question, but what is the official website where the announcement will be posted if the amnesty is extended? That way can sort of keep checking to see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeoKnight said:

Silly question, but what is the official website where the announcement will be posted if the amnesty is extended? That way can sort of keep checking to see.

You are correct it is a remarkably silly or plain lazy question 

just DAGS it or Immigration dot go dot th.

14 minutes ago, Jajazazajaja said:

I’m Non-B multi entry. No WP, visa good till December, let entry stamp expired June 7th

IF the amnesty is not extended. What options would a Visa agent be able to offer me? I’m late 30s, so not retirement visa anyway 

If not extended then a 30 day special extension with a letter from your embassy requesting it will be possible.

I cannot see an agent being of much help since apparently you are not working here.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If not extended then a 30 day special extension with a letter from your embassy requesting it will be possible.

I cannot see an agent being of much help since apparently you are not working here.

Thanks 

I heard some can cancel existing visas and get new ones issued

(don’t know how they do this, but I can guess)

16 hours ago, kimamey said:

The problem is if there's no extension to the amnesty there's a huge backlog of people who'll have to leave straight away. Hopefully someone will realise and act accordingly but if they don't then you're in a bit of a fix. 

I think it is impossible to guess how many foreigners already left Thailand when commercial flights were still available on their regular schedule or later on one of the repatriation flights organised by may countries and how many foreigners chose to remain. On this forum, we mostly hear only from the latter group.

2 minutes ago, Maestro said:

I think it is impossible to guess how many foreigners already left Thailand when commercial flights were still available on their regular schedule or later on one of the repatriation flights organised by may countries and how many foreigners chose to remain. On this forum, we mostly hear only from the latter group.

All true. Unless immigration will make those numbers available, there's no way to know.

36 minutes ago, Samui875 said:

It will be extendet 2 more months.... party on tonight ????

Thailand very good

edit: (amnesty)

Been trying to find information on this on immigration web site, not see anything.... where did you hear this from?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Samui875 said:

from a friend, i just waiting for the official confirmation, but iam pretty sure its correct

Will be today the official confirmation? And who is your friend? How does he know about that?

If they confirm that, definitely I would go to celebrate.

The last amnesty was announced on a tuesday at 7 PM moreless.

I asked Richard Barrow on Twitter and he answer me:

"Hopefully there will be an announcement this week - they might be offering a new visa for a fee"