Mini wasps/flies

Gandtee

I think this has been op'd before but I can't find it. For ages I've been plagued with tiny aggressive flies which set up sticky nests in any convenient hole. In my case the worst is in the ends of our verandas sun blinds. Even without disturbing them they like to bite. The wife sprays them with chemicals which I must confess I don't like, but still they come. Any tips? 

can you get closer enough (for the wife ???? seeing as they bite) to take some photos? 

a can of 3M photo tack aerosol does the trick, as it binds them in

- considering you did put the 'wasp' word in the OP)

They are tiny little wasps, but have a nasty sting,one stung

me on the top lip,and it swelled up ,looked like Homer Simpson,

when my daughter came home from school,she said to her

mother ,who is that,she did not recognize me.so be very

careful with them.

regards worgeordie

Perhaps a silly response as the wasps are outside and not inside the house.

I do not use chemicals in or outside my small rented house but for ants I sprinkle a good serving of the cheap scented talcum powder ( from 20 baht shops or 7/11 ) over the ants, their trail and onto / into the hole they are coming from.   Have done the same if they are interested in my windows or curtains.   Although only ants the tiny ones can give a bite that can itch for a few days, they even lay in wait under the toilet seat.

Once they have been warned with a good dusting of powder they stay away, then I just sweep the powder away.   Perhaps you could try dusting, from a distance, the area the wasps are in.

Secondly try to figure out why they are where they are, apart from it being the rainy season.   Are there comfy areas outside the building that encourages them inside ?    Is there a interesting attraction for them such as fruits, if that is what they eat ?

Good luck.

If they are the tiny wasps as described by Worgeorgie they are very aggressive and will attack as a group if disturbed.

We have large gardens and over the years find they tend to make a nest under leaves or other cavities they can find.

If bitten I have a problem for at least three days they itch like crazy sometimes turning into blisters.

I don’t know of any deterrent apart from regularly having a good look around preferably with someone who has good eyesight you will usually see some flying near the nest.

I try to avoid chemicals but for these wasps I have an aerosol of insecticide in each hand.

4 hours ago, StevieAus said:

If they are the tiny wasps as described by Worgeorgie they are very aggressive and will attack as a group if disturbed.

We have large gardens and over the years find they tend to make a nest under leaves or other cavities they can find.

If bitten I have a problem for at least three days they itch like crazy sometimes turning into blisters.

I don’t know of any deterrent apart from regularly having a good look around preferably with someone who has good eyesight you will usually see some flying near the nest.

I try to avoid chemicals but for these wasps I have an aerosol of insecticide in each hand.

I know about those mini wasps. I've been caught a few times when chopping vegetation, but the ones I'm referring to are small black ones. I've captured some as other posters have asked for pictures. I don't have a phone, but I'll get the 'trouble and strife' to try and take a pic on her gadget, and post it. Meanwhile, the buggers are still there even after I sprayed Chaindrite into their nest last night. I don't like using chemicals as it affects other things in the food chain.

They're not bees are they ?
I have had a nest built on a window and another one below in the ground.
The only way to get rid of the ground nest was to get someone in with a flame thrower, had to be done twice.

The one on the window I threw bleach over it, they stayed away after that.
Have had wasps on the under-cladding of the roof that extends over the side of the house.    I check everyday and find a spray or water thrown over is enough to get them to move.
Yes the sentries are good at their job...

I put water out for birds and earlier in the year small bees come to drink, when I first moved here there were many, last year none, this year only a few - guess disturbance by those who take down the nests for the honey and cut back or vegetation / flowers etc.