Honda Forza 2016 battery replacement

Kenny202

Battery labouring a bit starting the Forza. Done about 23000 mostly city k's and mid 2016. As far as I know original factory battery.

Would it be about due to fail? I know my Dmax utility battery seems to last no longer than 2 years here 

The battery in my PCX also failed after about 4 years, but I was told from a mechanic that he often has to change batteries after just 2-3 years. So 4 years sounds like a good result and it's just time for a new one.

I have Forza registered Nov 2016. Touch wood, the battery is still going strong, starts with the first flick of the button....

Go for a good 15min ride, then stop by at a mechanic and ask him to put his voltmeter on the battery, anything less than 12v will tell you need a new one...

The new model Forza shows it's  battery voltage on the dash at all time,  handy ...

Edited by Agusts
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, hithere said:

Forza year 2014 km 5.700 still on the first battery, just sold it ????

IMG_7381.jpeg

My Forza 2015, had to get a new battery at 12.000 Ks, lasted until about 36.000 Ks about 4 months ago.

On 7/18/2020 at 9:12 AM, hithere said:

Screenshot 2020-02-18 at 00.01.11.png

The numbers are not really correct and do not tell you if the battery gets charged. Your battery should show at least 12.4 volts when the bike isn't running.

When idling and you accelerate, the regulator should stop at 12.8 to 13.2 volts. 

A battery that shows 12.45 volts doesn't have to be bad. Important is to check the voltage with all switched off. 

Some voltmeters, especially the cheap Chinese ones can show you up to 1 volt more, or less.

Anything over 12.4 volt is considered good.