what do i need for retirement visa in chiangrai

will not wait till end of month (holidays/weekend etc.) - my "savannakhet-multipleentry-immigrant-0-visa" expired the 5th of june - now under amnesty - i will/must go to immigration chiangrai to apply for retirement-visa!

my questions:

1. what days can i apply for this visa?

2. what paperwork i must have ready for this visa?

i thinks (maybe i know) -

a) passport and copies from what pages?

b) proof of money (pension plus bank-account-statement - with a total of 800k for retirement-visa)

c) tablien baan from my wife

d) photos (how many?)

anything more?

3. do i have to make online an appointement for the visit at the immigration office in chiangrai?

the fee is 1900 baht? correct? and for a multiple exit-re/entry-visa 3800 baht? correct?

thanks for any helpful advise!

because i think, that laos/savannakhet will not open in the next future?! and if the border will open, what are the requirements from thai-gov when i return to thailand?

so - it make no sense to apply for extension 60 days - cost also 1900 baht!

i am married to thai-woman!

i have monthly pension and enough money in the bank for 800k

have a nice evening!

Edited by sibille

Sounds like you are doing a combination of income and money in the bank, if so, you will need to show a monthly amount of income for the previous twelve months, whatever that income needs to be, let's say you have 320,000 in the bank then you need to show 40,000 per month at least for the prior twelve months, being transferred to your Thai bank.

I squeezed through on retirement 2 years ago because they allowed a shortfall in my bank balance for less than a week when the pound dropped suddenly and they calculate your income on a very disadavantageous exchange rate from the BKK bank.

I changed to marriage after that.

CR Immigration handles extensions (retirement/marriage) on Mondays and Fridays, No appointment necessary. To be sure, bring copies of all passport pages with visa/entry/exit stamps, plus, of course, of the pages with your data. If you bring your wife’s tambien baan, but not her in person, you need a signed copy of her Thai ID.
You can also use the Mae Sai Immigration office, five days a week

Edited by damascase
Typo/Error

On 7/12/2020 at 3:38 PM, damascase said:

CR Immigration handles extensions (retirement/marriage) on Mondays and Fridays, No appointment necessary. To be sure, bring copies of all passport pages with visa/entry/exit stamps, plus, of course, of the pages with your data. If you bring your wife’s tambien baan, but not her in person, you need a signed copy of her Thai ID.
You can also use the Mae Sai Immigration office, five days a week

Isn’t it nice to see that helping out is being appreciated?????????

16 hours ago, damascase said:

Isn’t it nice to see that helping out is being appreciated?????????

it is indeed very very appreciated "damascase"  and "OneeyedJohn"! 
i did not know, that i have to thanks every time to the posters for the help ????

i read this forum almost every day - have the newsletter 2times a day etc. etc. and so i just read that i can eventually wait till end of month to visit the local immigration office in maesai or chiangrai!

but i have a question to "@ubonjoe" or other members - what paperwork in detail i will have to show at the immigration office for 

a) extension 60 days (visit my wife! - i live with her already more then 32 years!!! ☺️

b) ev. application for retirement-visa

c) ev. application for marriage-visa

i am married with thai-wife loooong time already!

i have funds in my thai-bank-account more then 3 months - good (enough) for marriage-visa or together with my pension good for retirement-visa! - or the monthly-pension-amount is also ok already for marriage-visa! ????

my multiple-entry-non-immi-0-visa issued in savannakhet expired the 5th june 2020! so i am actually in the amnesty-law!

and ideas more for me? thanks alot! and thanks in advance already for any helpful informations!

farang-baba-bobo-nidnoi in chiangrai-province (????)

PS - my wish anyway is - that we can travel soon again around here in SEA - specially to our favorite country laos - and doing again the multiple-non-immi-visa in savannakhet and enjoy the laos beer and some delicious laos-food on the banks of the mekhong-river with the fantastic sunset!

Edited by sibille

15 minutes ago, sibille said:

a) extension 60 days (visit my wife! - i live with her already more then 32 years!!! ☺️

b) ev. application for retirement-visa

c) ev. application for marriage-visa

First I suggest you contact Chiang Rai immigration in the city and/or the office in Mae Sai to find out if they will do the extension while under the amnesty "automatic extension" or not.

If not ask about doing the 60 day extension and then the one year extension.

a. Your wife needs to be with you when you apply. You marriage certificate plus a copy. Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card. 

b. Bank letter, updated bank book showing 800k baht in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply. Or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

c. My general list is here. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

All the above require copies of your passport photo page, visa entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

A completed TM7 application form with a 4 X 6 photo attached (marriage 2 of them).

29 minutes ago, sibille said:

PS - my wish anyway is - that we can travel soon again around here in SEA - specially to our favorite country laos

If the amnesty is not extended apply for the 60 day extension just before the current one ends and hope the borders are open before it ends. If extended get it at the end of the new amnesty if the border are not open yet.

thanks alot @ubonjoe - very helpful - the photos is the only thing we must do before the meeting at the local immigration-office! (just in case for the marriage-visa!)

and i read i think in a posting, that the map should be handwritten and google-maps-copy is not accepted - right or not?

just read in your pdf (Map to your residence from the nearest main road or street.) or can i print the google-map-photo(or file)?

12 minutes ago, sibille said:

and i read i think in a posting, that the map should be handwritten and google-maps-copy is not accepted - right or not?

just read in your pdf (Map to your residence from the nearest main road or street.) or can i print the google-map-photo(or file)?

It depends upon what the immigration office where you apply will accept.

13 minutes ago, sibille said:

thanks alot @ubonjoe - very helpful - the photos is the only thing we must do before the meeting at the local immigration-office! (just in case for the marriage-visa!)

You also need all the required supporting documents before you go the office.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

It depends upon what the immigration office where you apply will accept.

You also need all the required supporting documents before you go the office.

of course i have all the required supporting documents already - except the family-house-photos and the map!
will go friday to maesai and ask them! thanks @ubonjoe

was in maesai today - they told me have to wait!

and now - evening - friday - i know why...

just read here:

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30391492?utm_source=slide_relate&utm_medium=internal_referral

and here

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-thailand/thailand-to-offer-grace-period-for-foreigners-visa-extensions-idUSKCN24I0T8

somebody have more detailled news about this matter?

thanks!

Edited by sibille