School administrators threaten boycott of Kao Klai party over haircut conflict

webfact

"Although the teacher deserves to be punished, Mr. Ratchachai said the association had checked the teacher’s background and found him to be highly responsible, caring for the students and wanting them to maintain discipline."

So Criminal Assaults on children are considered to be "highly responsible and caring!"!

Yet alone this poor girl had her hair cut just on one side and in front of other children to humiliate her. I had hoped that her parents would have brought Criminal Charges but in typical Thai fashion the parents and teacher just performed the wai to each other. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thequietman said:

The teachers here are so far up their own backsides. They think they are actually above others and they let people know in this manner that we see now.

They need to be put in their place, but they have too much power in Thailand. ????

Totally agree, and it's not only kinder, primary and high schools.

It also happens in universities in many forms: sexual inuendo (do you want a good grade?), giving every female in the class A for final grade and every male in the class gets B or lower grade, boys and girls getting a smack across the back of the head or hands, army, legs, and Thai students with a western family name being told things like 'farang first/family names are ugly, change your name and then I'll teach you'. 

• Like 1

The abuse will never end while the perpetrators are protected in this way. 

Whether it is the dinosaur school directors or the conniving parents themselves, attitudes need to change in Thai schools and assault seen for what it is - a criminal act of assault.

Rooster

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Foghorn said:

Government can’t fire most of the teachers because the teacher owe too much money ,how will they get it back. 
 I politely told my child’s teacher if they was to cut my child’s hair someone one night will cut theirs , I said it with a smile and a wai 

Well said, however in LOS (and other places) the teacher could well punish the kid because of some action by the father.

This could also include very poor grades as a punishment.

9 hours ago, edwinchester said:

"....the association had checked the teacher’s background and found him to be highly responsible, caring for the students and wanting them to maintain discipline."

<deleted>! One of the do as I say not do as I do crowd.

So you  can have a anti criminal record as well  as a criminal  record lol