Requirements for Thais to fly out of Suvarnabhumi as of July 2020

Hello-

After being separated by Covid since January, I have been able to get my wife a ticket to USA (BKK to Tokyo, Tokyo to LAX) on August 5th.  She has a valid USA visa.  Has anyone had experience RECENTLY with their Thai spouse flying out the of the country? I want to make sure she has all the bureaucracy bs covered when she checks in, it is daunting enough for her traveling internationally alone without Covid restrictions. If anyone has a links for things like fit to fly certification documents excetera please let me know what I need to have her prepare to fly out August 5th to join me in the USA. My previous two flights to Thailand were cancelled for April and July, and I'm not keen to do a two-week quarantine because I can only visit for about a month due to my job so I will be bringing her here.

A good place to start is the ask the airline and immigration and health department this is way you're sure that the information you got is the correct information and not something someone is telling you...

Yeah of course I've looked at the ANA website, not much information besides wear masks, looking for recent travelers who have been through the exact process, as you know the rules can be contradictory and not reflect what's the reality on the ground in Thailand

There have been a few reports by foreigners who left Thailand for their home countries recently. By all accounts, exiting Thailand isn't a problem. So it's mostly a matter of checking entry and transit requirements for her destination and transit point.

As a Thai and with another recent thread in mind, she should obviously check that her Thai passport hasn't expired yet.

Yes, agree with above, you – or rather OP's Thai wife – can leave Thailand with a valid passport. Many have left Thailand without any problems getting out. But check-in and boarding might be a question of fulfilling the requirement for the destination(s).

I am writing to my MP in UK demanding no Thais are allowed into UK as no foreigners can get into Thailand. Need to start playing hardball! The army screw up letting in Military from Egypt with the virus and now no relaxation.  Madness of Thailand

17 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

We flew BKK, Amsterdam, Edinburgh a week ago. No problem at all for Thai girlfriend, visa valid, contact forms for quarantine filled in, mask on at all times. Parts of US looking very uncomfortable right now.

Hello very interesting story to read. Maybe you can give a little bit information about what visa your Thai GF has for the UK and when you (or your GF) bought the ticket( recently or months ago). My GF is a similar situation still having a valid short stay Schengen visa until december 2019 for the Netherlands. So far I've read one confirmed story where a Thai lady on a short stay visa got to Amsterdam around July 6th. Thailand is on the list of 14 countries allowed in the Netherlands. The airline made a bit of aproblem because her boyfriend used the voucher issued by KLM as part of the ticket. A lot of hussling before KLM bangkok got the message. Anyway I would appreciate it because I'm planning a trip too. 

1 hour ago, pixelaoffy said:

I am writing to my MP in UK demanding no Thais are allowed into UK as no foreigners can get into Thailand. Need to start playing hardball! The army screw up letting in Military from Egypt with the virus and now no relaxation.  Madness of Thailand

So you're going to block Australians, New Zealanders, Americans, Argentinians, Angolans, Thais, Singaporeans, etc. etc.

Because lots of countries have banned arrivals from lots of places because of the virus, while the UK continues to let in everyone.

Maybe you should be writing to your MP to ask why the UK continues to let in everyone. Maybe we could have had 40,000 fewer deaths.

On 7/13/2020 at 9:26 AM, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

1 in 100 chance approximately of catching virus.

and then what chance of death for every  100 hospitalized, bet most survive, probably in every 100 hospitalized its 3-4 who'll  die. Scaremongering

Actual experience Thai passport holder -  July 10 flew BKK- HK- Vancouver .   No unusual exit requirements in BKK .  Transit HK allowed if less than 24 hours transit .  Check if any transit restrictions in Tokyo -  when i looked at tickets a month ago you could only transit through the same Tokyo airport - i.e. could not land in Haneda then depart Narita 

3 hours ago, kno77 said:

Hello very interesting story to read. Maybe you can give a little bit information about what visa your Thai GF has for the UK and when you (or your GF) bought the ticket( recently or months ago). My GF is a similar situation still having a valid short stay Schengen visa until december 2019 for the Netherlands. So far I've read one confirmed story where a Thai lady on a short stay visa got to Amsterdam around July 6th. Thailand is on the list of 14 countries allowed in the Netherlands. The airline made a bit of aproblem because her boyfriend used the voucher issued by KLM as part of the ticket. A lot of hussling before KLM bangkok got the message. Anyway I would appreciate it because I'm planning a trip too. 

My girlfriend of (6 years standing), is on her 2nd 2 year UK multiple entry visa at the moment, valid till spring 2021, the standard 6 month one is easy to get. On the KLM plane to AMS there were a few Thai lassies going to stay with their EU boyfriends who couldn't get back to Thailand. The plane was packed and they told me that they are running flights every night, and they were full for a while. I believe they are starting the flights in Kuala Lumpur to do this. 

Take a look at this IATA website, it shows the current situation on travel restrictions worldwide: https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

If you click on Japan you will see that "transit passengers in Tokyo (NRT) must transit on the same calendar day". If your girlfriend has to change airports in Tokyo, it is not possible at least until 31. July 2020 as she would have to enter the country to do that.

Good luck!

Archived