'Let's get going': UK tells businesses to prepare for Brexit crunch

webfact

52 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

I see as part of "project fear" the government has rapidly started to develop an enormous lorry park in Jent, much to the consternation of the locals.

Why is it needed? Nothing to worry about.. it's project fear according the Bigdave and co. It is a fake.

The Remainers held dibs on Project Fear and it did not work. This is project Brexit Is Here, and there's nothing more the Remainers can do about it.

Although it's more likely to be a new drive-through Maccy D.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

I couldn't care less what the 2016 runners up or assorted ponti's make of it; not one iota. 

Here's where Gove's piece originated:

Outside the EU, a bright future awaits Britain

interesting link,

glory and empire and ruled ripples are just around the corner

Xmas and a bit; then There it is!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gamini said:

Polls in the UK now indicate that 64% of the British public want to stay in the European Union. The government seems to completely ignore this and refuses to comment on it. 

LOL, Come on where's this poll? Was it one conducted by anti Brexit groups or maybe the BBC? 

This was said before the general election with many of the British public basing their vote on Conservatives = Leave, Labour = Remain and look how that turned out, biggest landslide victory for the tories ever. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gamini said:

Polls in the UK now indicate that 64% of the British public want to stay in the European Union. The government seems to completely ignore this and refuses to comment on it. 

So do you suggest we keep voting until we get the right result?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Airbagwill said:

DID??? - it has hardly started - which p[art of "project fear" do you not believe?

Remain has been trying it for about five years. We have now left and will be fully freed by end of this year. Your Project Fear did not work. 
The last grasps are futile.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Lets get going. Another meaningless slogan.

How are companies supposed to prepare if they do not know what is going to happen?

UK Companies, need to be prepared for closure ...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, elliss said:

UK Companies, need to be prepared for closure ...

Story on the BBC rolling news feed, a coffee shop in mall took £1.20 all day on Sunday. Multiply that all over the country, especially in areas around those offices that are mostly empty and that's the state of the service industry. Last week I took a train journey to get some supplies for making Thai food and the car parks next to the stations were about 10% full at most. I live in a commuter belt area 45 miles from London, these car parks were usually full pre covid.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Loiner said:

Remain has been trying it for about five years. We have now left and will be fully freed by end of this year. Your Project Fear did not work. 
The last grasps are futile.

Please give an example of what you consider to be part of project fear.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

I have a family member over in Shrewsbury who has a business exporting premium lamb, beef and venison.  Its sourced from mainly Welsh and Scottish farmers. This is top-quality stuff and nearly all goes to the EU. He employs 16 people and of course uses the services of a transport company to truck it to Europe.

Right now, like a lot of exporters, he's at his wit's end. A no-deal would add 25% to his selling price and effectively put him out of business.

He has had absolutely ZERO government information on how his business might have to operate under no-deal. There is no guidance, no forms exist. Nothing.

He recently met with his local MP (a Conservative by the name of Dan Kawczynski) who is also a member of the ERG, and was basically assured that there WILL be a zero tariff deal with the EU, and not to worry. So what to believe?  Today's news about the construction of massive customs installations makes me think the government is sure its going to be no-deal.

Very worrying times for exporters.

That is a huge problem. Politicians like to play there profiling power games at the expense of the working population.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

It is a hallmark of Brexiteers that they are unable to formulate an argument and are incapable of doing there own research - you don't seen even to understand, it doesn't matter what you say, you can't alter the evidence. 

I presume also you don't know what pigeon chess is?

You can't make spurious claims with no evidence to back them up. Then criticize the person who asks for a source. 

I see someone else has produced a link to a poll of 1660 people from 2018 lol. A poll conducted by a Pro Remain group called Hope Not Hate. I see why you didn't want to show me your source now, how embarrassing ????.

Yeah, let's ignore the 33,577,342 people who voted in the referendum because 1,062 of 1,660 people in a poll conducted by a Pro Remain Group want another vote 2 years later. Great point Bro, got any more gems for us? ????.  

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

Please give an example of what you consider to be part of project fear.

There are plenty, but I wont waste my time on them all, you can do that yourself. Here's one though:

George Osborne's prediction of immediate and profound recession, with 500,000 jobs lost by a Leave vote.
The Four Remainer Horsemen just didn't arrive.

4 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

Trade with Europe is to be setback 50 years.  .

Millions and millions of bits of paper chasing 11500 trucks .

7 billion pounds just to wait for something that isn't currently needed.

Imagine e the extra costs to consumers of keeping trucks and drivers waiting.....drivers are paid by the hour. 

More fear.....FT....

https://www.ft.com/content/fbc6f191-6d69-4dcb-b374-0fa6e48a9a1e?fbclid=IwAR1U9u0B23ltUgGRWGonCNZneQwRyMLTKW19pkdeCjqQk_S_sxfXChZ1eXo

Millions and millions of bits of paper? That's maybe how you did it 50 years ago, but we have changed since then old lad.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Millions and millions of bits of paper? That's maybe how you did it 50 years ago, but we have changed since then old lad.

Sorry we haven't. I crossed the channel every week in a truck and the process was computerised then. You should have seen see the tail backs a glitch or industrial dispute could cause then - now we are talking 11500 trucks per day....and turning the A2 into a truck park

the bits of paper wether in paper or bits (Judging be your post, I suppose you didn't understand that pun?) are still tax and duties that have to be paid. 

Iy is quite clear by the sudden purchase of this land that the government realise even if things run "smoothly" - the amount of tailbacks created at Dover etc are going to reflect incredibly badly on the government.

On the upside, this is going to create thousands of jobs - bureaucrats - tp process all these bits.

Edited by Airbagwill
  • Like 2