Fairport Convention singer Judy Dyble has died

webfact

Fairport Convention singer Judy Dyble has died

The singer died earlier today after suffering from a long-term illness, her publicist confirmed

By Will Lavin

Judy-Dyble-696x442.jpg

Judy Dyble. CREDIT: Press

Judy Dyble, the folk singer known for her work with Fairport Convention, has died aged 71.

The singer died earlier today (July 12) after suffering from a long-term illness, as confirmed by her publicist.

“It is with great sadness that we announce that English singer-songwriter Judy Dyble passed away on 12th July 2020 following a long illness borne with great courage,” a press release said.

Full story: https://www.nme.com/news/music/fairport-convention-singer-judy-dyble-has-died-2706172

-- NME 2020 07-13

Fairport's Matty Groves is outstanding, especially when it breaks off into an instrumental at the end.

I didn't know until this post that Fairport stuck together and replaced Sandy Denny.

I was a big Fairport fan, saw them at the Roundhouse, I couldn't believe how good Richard Thomson was on the guitar - only 18 as well. My girlfriend at the time was Joe Boyd's secretary, she described meeting Judy at one of his parties. She was high as a kite, some wacky lass!

Unhalfbricking and Leige and Leaf were wonderful. After Thomson and Denny left, they fiddled their way - quite pleasantly - into obscurity. IMHO.