Opening up Thailand: More than half of Thais don't want foreigners back - despite 14 day quarantine, poll

webfact

38 minutes ago, KhunKenAP said:

Don't worry, most foreigners will not want to come back, given all the stupid sh.t the governments at all levels are doing. Thailand is no longer the "Land of Smiles", and is now the "Land of Frowns".

So why don’t you fear cough then!

Went to a very nice hotel in Pattaya for the weekend at my step-daughter's behest. Very nice, comfy bed, nice bathtub, and an excellent buffet.
Couldn't help thinking that without Westerners none of these places would exist for the youngsters to become accustomed to.
On the other hand they might have pristine beaches a few hours closer to home.

2 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Good to see the usual paranoid delusional rantings are alive and well. 

The results of the poll basically says Thai people dont want Covid back and dont trust that foreigners can return without bringing Covid with them. Its nothing to do with not wanting foreigners here, its to do with not wanting covid here.

Seriously, some people need to get over their own self importance. You are not the great white benefactors, and without you, Thais would be sleeping on the floor. Believe it or not, a large chunk of Thailand does ok without the great white benefactor raising them out of poverty 

Well said.. its amazing how important a lot of foreigners think they are. Probably never came into contact with Thais who held jobs outside the tourist industry or educated Thais. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

This survey was in regards to the Corvid virus , not about foreigners as a stand alone point .

This is not Thais "being clever" , its Thais saying its too early to allow foreigners back into Thailand because many other Countries do not have the virus under control .

Sure it is! We all know that, but my belief is that they are also during decades became rather tired of many foreigners behavior in this country. I just posted I believe that contributes to the wish to wait for many, because they also know it´s inevitable that the country have to open up for the good of the economy.