Thai accident scammer! But driver has a dash cam and tells him to get up and *#$! off!

webfact

Thai accident scammer! But driver has a dash cam and tells him to get up and *#$! off!

2pm_VI.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Footage posted on Facebook from Hat Yai in southern Thailand showed the moment when a pedestrian collided with a car. 

The car had virtually come to a standstill but the pedestrian - complete with an already dressed head wound - jumped on the hood of the car and collapsed dramatically in a heap out of view. 

The driver gets out and has some words with the man who then walks off sheepishly. 

Fortunately the driver had a dash cam as this was clearly an accident scammer at work trying to get money from insurance. 

news_wvjipYEIGy183944_533.jpg

Picture: Daily News

It happened opposite the Kim Yong market on Petchkasem Road on Saturday and was posted by "Chu Phat" who appeared to come from Phattalung, said Daily News. 

The poster had some choice words for the scammer and Thai social media rowed in with further mass criticism for him. 

Thaivisa notes that videos featuring accident scammers and "top insurance fraud fails" from all around the world can be viewed on a platform like YouTube. 

Thailand is no exception and Thaivisa has featured several such stories over the last few years.

Daily News did not manage to get in touch with the driver but reported that no accident report was made to police.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-13

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Now police and the relatives are appealing for help and have issued a phone number to try and trace the man. 

Bit hard to find someone with a face obscured  like that. Not very Bryte are they.

9 hours ago, transam said:

"Especially in the UK", would love a link for that....????

It's true, it has become quite common and a serious problem...the pedestrian version of this is all over Youtube:

https://www.independent.co.uk/topic/crash-for-cash

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-40901111

https://www.rac.co.uk/insurance/car-insurance/guides/what-is-crash-for-cash

Happened to me in a little town just near the big resort at the north-east cape of Phuket Island.   At 10.30 PM on a Sunday night this guy simply turns in front of me and throws himself sideways off a motor bike in front of my rented Fortuna just a few hundred metres out of the gate of  a resort. The bike went under the car & he rolled away but a combination of the high front end on the Fortuna, my reaction times and the big fat radial tyres on the Toyota Fortuna meant I stopped dead and never touched even the mirror on the bike, let alone anything else on the bike and him neither.  I instructed my Thai wife to get out and check he  was alright.  She confirmed he was unharmed, told him he was stupid and instructed his "witnesses" to move him and the bike out of our way. We proceeded in strict 007 manner, "shaken but not stirred."

On 7/13/2020 at 4:46 AM, webfact said:

Now police and the relatives are appealing for help and have issued a phone number to try and trace the man. 

To assist in this endeavor we have pixelated the image of the man's face to ensure anonymity. Amazing Thailand!

• Like 1