Report: Nonthaburi IO & Non-O expired visa expension

Hi guys,

So basically my non-o multi visa expired in May.

I went to nonthabuti IO just to try my luck if i can get 1 year extension due to salary or the worst 60 days family visit visa.

I wont make it longer, they were really helpful and nice tbh. Although the answer to 1 year extension is NO. family visit 60 days extension.. NO because my visa expired. I told them about my new passport and i had to wait for it bla bla... again.. NO

he told me i need to go out of thailand get a new visa and come back again. He also told me he is sure that there wont be amnesty anymore.  He also said probably i can get a non-o again but hes not sure if i can enter thailand again soon. 

i saw some people doing their 90 day reporting no problem. And some other things. 

Again; if your visa expired NO 1 year extension NO 60 days family visit in nonthaburi IO.

My wife told me Mukdahan - Savannakhet border will be open in 15 July. Dont know to everyone or only to thais. This means if its for farangs too they will start to send people out of thailand starting from 15 and 31 will be the last day.

PS: a question here: what is my chances if i get a letter from my embassy saying please extend this guys visa for another 1 month or likewise? What would be the most suitable reason for this request? i forgot to ask this at IO.

thanks

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, ozz1 said:

Let's hope they open the border up at savannahknet  then it will save a lot  of problems for people on a non o visa  but lts wait to see if its true

Yes you will get out, but not get in again, so what help is that really??

glegolo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OP, that sucks. Hopefully if government does not extend amnesty they will do something like you suggest. Letter from embassy etc. 

However some governments have stated they will not issue any more letters. Think, USA and AU etc.

Good luck. 

This guy will be interested in your report

@Peter Denis

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, problemfarang said:

My wife told me Mukdahan - Savannakhet border will be open in 15 July. Dont know to everyone or only to thais. This means if its for farangs too they will start to send people out of thailand starting from 15 and 31 will be the last day.

No announcement to that effect on https://laoevisa.gov.la/notice

You would think if they were going to open the borders there in two days' time, that they would have announced this publicly already, both Thailand and Laos.

• Like 1

the reason they reject was your (multiple non-o visa) was expired, i'm in the same situation as you but my (multiple-non-o visa) is not expired till august, mine was from 90 days entry to 60 days family visit to amnesty, but my (multiple non-o visa) is not expired till another month, that mean i can still do mine, i'm sorry that it didn't work out for you, but thank you for the information.

Oh! about border i read somwhere on the nation news that combodia poipet border is open for trial, not for tourist but for local to do their business

Edited by clorox

1 hour ago, glegolo said:

Yes you will get out, but not get in again, so what help is that really??

If they really open a land border to a neighboring country that also has no ongoing coronavirus community transmission, they might waive the quarantine and related requirements in both directions.

But that's a big "if" plus a "might" - while it would be sensible, there's obviously no guarantee that it will happen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, clorox said:

the reason they reject was your (multiple non-o visa) was expired, i'm in the same situation as you but my (multiple-non-o visa) is not expired till august, mine was from 90 days entry to 60 days family visit to amnesty, but my (multiple non-o visa) is not expired till another month, that mean i can still do mine, i'm sorry that it didn't work out for you, but thank you for the information.

It is not the 'valid until' date of your 1-year ME Non Imm O marriage Visa which is relevant, but the PERMISSION TO STAY as stamped into your passport when you last entered Thailand with that Visa.  As the borders have been closed for more than 3 months now, it is very likely that your 90 days permission to stay from that Non Imm O marriage Visa has expired in the mean time.

And If that permission to stay date from your Visa-entry has expired and you did not apply for any extension since then, you are presently here under the Amnesty and would be in the same situation as the OP.

If the permission to stay has not expired, you will have ZERO problems applying for a 60-day extension of stay (for reason of visiting your wife) - if you did not already apply for one - or applying for a 1-year extension of stay.

But since you would have to meet the 2-month seasoning requirements for the funds on your personal thai bank-account (either 400K for 2 months - or at least two monthly income transfers of +40K with foreign origins proven) you might have to use that 60-day extension first in order to buy you sufficient time to meet the financial seasoning requirements for your subsequent 1-year extension of stay application.

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@problemfarang

Sorry to hear that your local Nonthaburi IO does not accept ANY extension of stay, because of the expired permission to stay of your 1-year ME Non Imm O marriage Visa.

As usual there does not seem to be any consistency in how different IOs are treating such an application.  Because there are reports of IOs that will accept a 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your family, irrespective whether your permission to stay already expired during the Amnesty.  And more importantly even, they will then at the end of your 60-day extension of stay also accept your application for a 1-year extension of stay.

So it seems that besides the Fixer Agent option, you would also have the option of temporary relocating to a different province where the IO is more accomodating to accept your application.

According to @ubonjoe this cannot be done 'last minute', e.g. checking into an Hotel and applying next day at the IO of that different province.  But I presume relocating 1-2 weeks (using the TM30 and/or TM27 forms for a change of address) before applying for the extension at the 'friendly' IO would be possible.  You wouldn't even have to physically stay at the new address, but simply renting a condo for a month would be an option (a hotel would most probably not be accepted as you would be applying for the 60-day or 1-year extension, and so you need to be at your new place with your wife).

Yes, a crazy option but we live in crazy times....

• Like 1

i have no problem of fund in bank for 2 months, always has more then enuoght money in bank

my situation is i have a multiple non-o visa from abroad, it is not expired till august, my 90 days entry expired back in april, went into 60 days extension that gave me to mid june and that expired, and now amnesty till 31st july. i call immigration explaining the situation can i still do 1 year extension base on marry to a thai, they said yes as long as you have money in bank 2x, i'm heading down CW this week to see what will come of it

the problem he mention above, they rejected him because his non-o visa has expired, if his visa wasn't expired they would do the extension for him

Edited by clorox

10 minutes ago, clorox said:

i have no problem of fund in bank for 2 months, always has more then enuoght money in bank

my situation is i have a multiple non-o visa from abroad, it is not expired till august, my 90 days entry expired back in april, went into 60 days extension that gave me to mid june and that expired, and now amnesty till 31st july. i call immigration explaining the situation can i still do 1 year extension base on marry to a thai, they said yes as long as you have money in bank 2x, i'm heading down CW this week to see what will come of it

Thanks for clarification.

So CW confirmed that they will accept your application for the 1-year extension of stay based on your current Non Imm O marriage Visa, even with you having an already expired permission to stay and are now on the Amnesty extension.

That's very Good News for the many in same situation (and some being refused by their local IO)!

Please do report your experience having actually applied at CW in course of this week.

Thanks in advance!

6 hours ago, problemfarang said:

Again; if your visa expired NO 1 year extension NO 60 days family visit in nonthaburi IO.

The "enter before" date on the visa has nothing to do with immigration's position on "covid auto-extensions."

So, basically, the "apply for 60-days - will be applied on date of application - then can apply for a 1-year extension" is non-functional advise for Nonthaburi (add it to the list) - though works at Chiang Wattana, and some others.    Not surprising, given what I have read of many attempting extensions at Nonthaburi. 

I am guessing they have agent/lawyer service for that office, which explains why they would do this to break up a Thai family - would be worth checking.  Or maybe the guy who makes the local-rules just hates "mixed marriages."

In any case, I would call the agents in Pattaya.  When I was there, the best prices were on Soi Bukow road.  I doubt it would be very expensive for the 60-days, as that does not involve district-approval.  

Applying in person at the offices that are not blocking on this could require "landlord docs" for the office's service-area, which would block you, unless you rented a place with a helpful landlord.

41 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

@problemfarang

Sorry to hear that your local Nonthaburi IO does not accept ANY extension of stay, because of the expired permission to stay of your 1-year ME Non Imm O marriage Visa.

As usual there does not seem to be any consistency in how different IOs are treating such an application.  Because there are reports of IOs that will accept a 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your family, irrespective whether your permission to stay already expired during the Amnesty.  And more importantly even, they will then at the end of your 60-day extension of stay also accept your application for a 1-year extension of stay.

So it seems that besides the Fixer Agent option, you would also have the option of temporary relocating to a different province where the IO is more accomodating to accept your application.

According to @ubonjoe this cannot be done 'last minute', e.g. checking into an Hotel and applying next day at the IO of that different province.  But I presume relocating 1-2 weeks (using the TM30 and/or TM27 forms for a change of address) before applying for the extension at the 'friendly' IO would be possible.  You wouldn't even have to physically stay at the new address, but simply renting a condo for a month would be an option (a hotel would most probably not be accepted as you would be applying for the 60-day or 1-year extension, and so you need to be at your new place with your wife).

Yes, a crazy option but we live in crazy times....

@problemfarang

UPDATE based on @clorox post #12

>> So if your local Nonthaburi IO is adamant in not accepting your 1-year extension of stay application (nor your 60-day extension application), it would be just a matter of (temporary) relocating to the Bangkok area serviced by CW.  

Notification of change of address, as well as a rental agreement of the new location would be required for the application (but doesn't mean you would have to physically move there if you prefer staying at your home in Nonthaburi).

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Like 1

i live in bangkok but went to phuket was planning to use phuket immigration to do my 1 year, but decide best to do it at home base, can one do extension in any immigration? be aware i call CW the person who pick up the phone say YES, if that person knows anything about polocies is yet to be known

3 minutes ago, clorox said:

i live in bangkok but went to phuket was planning to use phuket immigration to do my 1 year, but decide best to do it at home base, can one do extension in any immigration? be aware i call CW the person who pick up the phone say YES, if that person knows anything about polocies is yet to be known

Highly unlikely...some of the lesser known offices are on the lookout for non locals trying to do extensions.  Where is your TM30?  Or your last 90 day report.

12 minutes ago, clorox said:

i spend half the year in bangkok and half in phuket, have home in both place, but home base is bangkok, last report is CW

If you have yellowbook, then go file TM30 in Phuket, and tell them you are living there now, and will need extension.  

26 minutes ago, moontang said:

If you have yellowbook, then go file TM30 in Phuket, and tell them you are living there now, and will need extension.  

But when doing so first enquire at Phuket IO how they would handle your 1-year extension of stay application.  If Phuket IO only accepts extensions of stay when the permission to stay has not expired during the Amnesty, you would be better of in CW where they already told you that would not be a problem.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, clorox said:

the problem he mention above, they rejected him because his non-o visa has expired, if his visa wasn't expired they would do the extension for him

You are wrong. As has been pointed out. The Visa is irrelevant. The relevant information is the office he applied to.

Some offices are refusing any extension if your current permission to stay date in your passport is past, any visa in your passport is of no interest.

Some offices are allowing extensions even if your current permission to stay date in your passport is past.

You should know that your experience with an immigration office (and officer) is no certain indication of what will happen in another office (or even with a different officer)

I'm sorry it's a bit confusing to read some of the posts, so I have to ask..has this been reported to be possible at any IO:

NON-O based on Thai spouse, Multi-entry, visa valid til Dec 2020
-> 90 day stamp

-> 60 day extension valid til June 2nd

-> amnesty

----> another 60 day extension?

possible?

Edited by stoicccc

2 hours ago, stoicccc said:

I'm sorry it's a bit confusing to read some of the posts, so I have to ask..has this been reported to be possible at any IO:

NON-O based on Thai spouse, Multi-entry, visa valid til Dec 2020
-> 90 day stamp

-> 60 day extension valid til June 2nd

-> amnesty

----> another 60 day extension?

possible?

Not possible, as only one 60-day extension application is allowed per entry.

An application for a 1-year extension of stay based on your ME Non Imm O marriage Visa (even with your current permission to stay expired), might be accepted at some IOs, but you would need to meet the 2-month seasoning requirements for the funds on your personal thai bank-account when doing so.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Wavel said:

Today i went to IO and asked about 60 day extension for my Non Imm O. It expired on 18 May with amnesty until end of this month. They told me i can extend it, then get a 1 year extension after that when the 400K has been in the bank long enough.

Just before leaving i was told, do not apply until the last day. Because there has been whispers RE: the Amnesty being extended until end of September, hasten to add this is not official yet just listen out for reports. This might relieve some tension that a lot of people might be having right now. 

Thanks for the report!

Was this at your Phrae IO?

From what you wrote I am fairly sure that it was the permission to stay of your ME Non Imm O marriage Visa, that expired on 18 May (and that you are not applying for re-extension from a 1-year extension of stay).

On 7/14/2020 at 1:53 PM, Peter Denis said:

Thanks for the report!

Was this at your Phrae IO?

From what you wrote I am fairly sure that it was the permission to stay of your ME Non Imm O marriage Visa, that expired on 18 May (and that you are not applying for re-extension from a 1-year extension of stay).

Yes the info came from the Phrae office. On a Non Imm O visa, i can get only one  60 day extension, therefore I'm hanging it out to see weather there will be a amnesty extension, before applying. I'm cutting it fine i know, but gotta be safer here than the UK.