Dengue: 25,000 cases, 15 deaths, in Thailand this year - Isaan and young people affected most

webfact

Dengue: 25,000 cases, 15 deaths, in Thailand this year - Isaan and young people affected most

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A leading infectious disease expert has revealed that Thailand has had 25,708 cases of dengue fever from January 1st to July 8th. 

And there have been 15 deaths, said Dr Suwannachai Wattanayingcharoenchai. 

Worst hit are the young with those in the 15-24 year old age group worst affected followed by 10 - 14 years and 25 - 34. 

The north eastern region (Isaan) was the worst affected followed by the central, north and southern regions.

Worst affected province was Chaiyaphum followed by Rayong, Khon Kaen, Mae Hong Son and Nakhon Ratchasima. 

Daily News said that the health authorities were warning the public of spikes of the mosquito bite disease during the rainy season.

The advice is to clear up houses and cover or get rid of standing water where mosquitoes breed. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-13

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, webfact said:

Daily News said that the health authorities were warning the public of spikes of the mosquito bite disease during the rainy season.

What rainy season? rained once in a month where I am ???? 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Dengue messed me up--lucky I had insurance...took me about 6 weeks to get my power back...

me too.  It is the real deal.  Closest to death that I want to come to again.

• Like 1

As usual, get rid of stagnant water puddles, use mosquito repellant and the usual. Wife was the last in the family to get it in 2018, she was a bit tired for a couple of weeks, but the platelet count came up by itself and she recovered. Some aren't as lucky.

Was one of the reasons I left Thailand. Had it twice and the second time wow! Took me months to recover (never went to hospital, what an idiot). A battle I faught hard to beat. Used to have really thick hair, now quite thin. Changed the way I lived, long trousers, boots, vest under my shirts. Scared the hell out of me and makes malaria feel like a sunday picnic. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, car720 said:

me too.  It is the real deal.  Closest to death that I want to come to again.

Had giant tall planters FULL of water at my GH, one got bit, then another, back to back, ppl were fleeing that place. I thought it was food poisoning and waited until I felt my kidneys aching, lost 10lbs in 5 days and just had zero energy for weeks, laid in bed while others partied..sucked...but bed rest, Tylenol, hydration, and tons of rest finally got me back.....depends on how well you were to begin with as some recovered quicker...but was hard at time cos of full body rash and the slightest touch sent waves of pain thru ur body..crazy stuff

I was a newbie to LOS and recall a few cute nurses came into my hospital room to give me a "bath"..I was freaked out and managed to drag myself into the shower. To this day that was one of my main regrets...dang

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChakaKhan said:

Had giant tall planters FULL of water at my GH, one got bit, then another, back to back, ppl were fleeing that place. I thought it was food poisoning and waited until I felt my kidneys aching, lost 10lbs in 5 days and just had zero energy for weeks, laid in bed while others partied..sucked...but bed rest, Tylenol, hydration, and tons of rest finally got me back.....depends on how well you were to begin with as some recovered quicker...but was hard at time cos of full body rash and the slightest touch sent waves of pain thru ur body..crazy stuff

I was a newbie to LOS and recall a few cute nurses came into my hospital room to give me a "bath"..I was freaked out and managed to drag myself into the shower. To this day that was one of my main regrets...dang

Must have gone to your brain and impacted you judgement. 

22 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Must have gone to your brain and impacted you judgement. 

Is quite possible but as noted I was yet a new kid n town and wasnt aware of the thai culture at the time

Perhaps if Im allowed back and quarantined I will get a redo.....due to my hansum-ness and all.....

Hansum-ness being a 1000bt bill taped to my forehead

On 7/13/2020 at 6:03 AM, Scot123 said:

Was one of the reasons I left Thailand. Had it twice and the second time wow! Took me months to recover (never went to hospital, what an idiot). A battle I faught hard to beat. Used to have really thick hair, now quite thin. Changed the way I lived, long trousers, boots, vest under my shirts. Scared the hell out of me and makes malaria feel like a sunday picnic. 

Hospital did NOTHING for me but hand me tylenols for 4 days then sent me out...charged me 30,000 as they stuck me in the VIP room.....thank god I had insurance back then......went thru a few hydration bags as well

Really all u can do is bed rest, hydrate and dope up...have someone pop in to make sure ur still breathing...

1 hour ago, ChakaKhan said:

Is quite possible but as noted I was yet a new kid n town and wasnt aware of the thai culture at the time

Perhaps if Im allowed back and quarantined I will get a redo.....due to my hansum-ness and all.....

Hansum-ness being a 1000bt bill taped to my forehead

2,000, 1,000 gets you an old slag or a Katoy

I have gotten dengue twice, along with a least 8 others I know. All were cured of dengue within 6 hrs using MMS. A mixture of sodium chlorite and citric acid. Cures it quickly with no side effects. Check it out.

Edited by rken2
  • Thanks 1