Pattaya beer bars reopen but there aren’t any customers

webfact

4 hours ago, dabhand said:

I thought there was a limit on passenger numbers due to distancing restrictions. When a family member used the Ekamai bus to Pattaya a couple of weeks back capacity was limited to 50%. Is that no longer the case?

I was on the 10 o'clock bus this morning and it was a a bit busier than the 11 o'clock one described.  Picked up more passengers at Bang Na and certainly no social distancing arrangements.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, dabhand said:

I thought there was a limit on passenger numbers due to distancing restrictions. When a family member used the Ekamai bus to Pattaya a couple of weeks back capacity was limited to 50%. Is that no longer the case?

I see math isn't your strong point.

40 seater bus, 18 occupants - that's under 50 % is it not?  ????

I think some people should realize that the horny US soldiers left long time ago. No need to continue with often very old horny sexy man expats or tourists. If you are looking for this it might be better to look at your hometown. And Thailand should do everything to get rid of such people using poor people for their fun. These "tourists" often do not want to use condoms. They don't care if the mother of many children might get sick and never see their children grow up. I had many talks to prostitutes about this and some didn't continue with prostitution. I knew for instance an HIV German guy who had almost every night one or two girls - of course without a condom. If they wanted to use a condom he kicked them out. Luckily he died at the age of 86. But this was not the only quality tourist I know...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, anchadian said:

As I've stated before, close them all down and and turn Pattaya into a family resort.

You'd have to totally flatten and completely rebuild the place first! 555  That's without having to educate the natives that the sidewalks are for walking safely and not riding their motorcycle or pitching a stall on?  As the old saying goes, you can't polish a turd!

• Like 1

No tourists, no customers, I know the farangs who are retired and live here etc can go to drink, but how much can they drink and pop up the bar profits. The overheads are just to big.

11 hours ago, steven100 said:

There is two customers having a beer in the bar, so say 90 baht a bottle that's 180 Baht the bar will take less electricity and salaries ..... hmmmm  ... better close me thinks !!

They are paying about 57 baht so 33 baht a bottle less overheads and  of course  the 30 or 40.000 rent each month must come from somewhere

18 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Who are all those girls sitting at the bars? There is no prostitution in Thailand! Seriously, 22 rules and regulations for a bottle of beer? 7-11, here I come!

Customer service rep's.

20 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Who are all those girls sitting at the bars? There is no prostitution in Thailand! Seriously, 22 rules and regulations for a bottle of beer? 7-11, here I come!

Waitresses.....

21 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Nothing like a bit of wholesale stereotyping.

Whore/punter........ which came first, the chicken or the egg. Thai women have been servicing the needs of males (for money) long before the Yanks arrived.

You want to preach about condoms?   Teach the the Thais first (Thailand, the hub of unplanned pregnancies). In my experience the woman controls whether sex happens or not - and the terms on which it happens. Other than rape there is one person who can control whether a condom is used.

I have been living here almost 3 decades and I have seen too many sad things in respect of this sex business. Forgive me... 

21 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Apparently those girls are "Public Relations" staff and "Customer Service" representatives.

If you sit in on of those bars and order a beer, they will bring it to within a metre of you and then toss it at you (better order bottled beer - slightly less spillage). 

To converse with a member of the PR staff or a Customer Service Rep, it is recommended that you have the Line app installed on your phone. As most girls seem to spend most of their time with their noses glued to the screen of a phone theses days, that would be the best method of communicating with them.

As no physical contact is permitted, if a patron wishes to give a staff member a little "pat" on the bum (or elsewhere),  it is suggested that they get the staff member's attention, then simulate the intended gesture (and location), then move at least 1 meter away. Once you have "socially distanced" yourself, the staff member can then move into that spot and give a simulated reaction to your gesture after which she (or he) will move away and you can again occupy your spot.

Beware that such actions may be construed as agreeing to buy the staff member in question a "lady drink" and the more rambunctious your gesture(s) the more "lady drinks" that may appear on your bill !
Be very careful about making any kind of hand gesture that could be misconstrued as a signal to "ring the bell". Waving a hand in the air because some overpaid athlete made it through a game without faking an injury could be interpreted as offering to ring a bell and therefore buy a round of drinks for the whole bar !

Should you wish a staff member paid some attention to your member, please keep in mind that prostitution is illegal and such arrangements are best made in the privacy of your hotel room/apartment/cardboard box in the alley.

Sincerely,
The Management

Be aware of Thai Penal Codes as well........Do unto yourself what you would normally do unto others...

19 hours ago, Oldie said:

Yesterday evening I walked around in Central Pattaya. Made in Thailand - all bars closed. Other areas included Soi LK Metro I would say 50 percent open. Not many customers. Many open bars empty. I had the feeling that nobody in these areas cares about Corona anymore. The most exciting thing was when I passed a ladymen bar. One of the many standing outside blocked my way and tried to steal my wallet. 

Reminds me of my first time in LOS..walking around  hear a pssst..saw a few "hotties"?? taken down an alley to be manhandled(more than i knew) and got my junk grabbed....as I walked away I realized..yep..500bt ..gone

A new bar and restaurant, called 'Pineapple' has opened on Kao Talo.  I saw the illuminated sign last night & decided to patronise local companies.  To enter you have to go through the Security check at the Elephant Estate.  The lady on the gate gave us detailed instructions on where to park.  After blundering about in the dark for fifteen minutes it became clear that the management had failed to inform the lady-on-the-gate that they were not open on Mondays.  Why light up your sign if you are not open?

• Haha 2

On 7/13/2020 at 12:09 PM, steven100 said:

There is two customers having a beer in the bar, so say 90 baht a bottle that's 180 Baht the bar will take less electricity and salaries ..... hmmmm  ... better close me thinks !!

You forgot the lady drinks and the bar fines my friend told me about ????

On 7/13/2020 at 2:23 PM, Colabamumbai said:

Beer bars seem to be an important topic. They should be limited by city planning to 3 or 4 per soi. Or alcohol with a food order only. 

Shouid they? Why? 

And besides you who says they should? 

"They should" is the most pointless and overused phrase on TVF. 

Well, perhaps "should of" is the most overused. ????

• Like 1

On 7/13/2020 at 11:30 AM, anchadian said:

As I've stated before, close them all down and and turn Pattaya into a family resort.

For what families? Of soi dogs? It would take, at least, 10 years (considering the current pandemic), to do that. By that time many businesses, with the exception of a few large hotels, Big C malls, McDonald's, 7-Eleven, and Starbucks branches, would be bankrupt.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Haha 1