Ang Thong house where "antiques" were found could be archaeological site dating back 3,000 years

webfact

Ang Thong house where "antiques" were found could be archaeological site dating back 3,000 years

By THE NATION

800_d6a4d9735a0a8c1.jpg?v=1594611842

Ang Thong Deputy Governor Pongphan Wichiansamut together with Assoc Prof Rasmi Shoocongdej from the Fine Arts Department visited a house where antiques were reportedly found yesterday (July 12) to see and check them.

MGeH86DYf1OS2WQD_200915.jpg

The house is located in the province’s Sawaeng Ha district.

Owner Somkiet said he was digging the soil around his house for agricultural purposes when he discovered the antiques, including skulls, animal fossils, earthenware and bronze axes.

KIEGoaZ397NhH9nI_200922.jpg

He immediately informed local officials of the find, asking them to come and carry out a check.

After an initial inspection, Rasmi said the area where the antiques were discovered was possibly a prehistoric, archaeological site dating back 3,000 years. He said he would ask his department to conduct a further investigation.

2ihB8GrdCBsCUETY_200824.jpg

Meanwhile, Deputy Governor Pongphan said the site would be developed into a tourist attraction if further inspections showed the area was indeed a true prehistoric site.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30391207

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-13

2 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

"said the site would be developed into a tourist attraction"

What a good idea.....a pile of broken pots and the tourist will flock there...:giggle:

Tourist attraction and the guy looses his house

looks like he collected for many years before  his latest idea on how to cash in.  I have heard stories in a small Western desert town in Utah of a  people's basement with all  walls  full of spearheads and arrowheads amd relics on display. People used to ride their motorcycles everywhere they wanted to go in the desert and many still do.  After rains and anytime they would go riding the washes.   I have found 2 arrowheads in my life and I never  hunted  them.