It’s just too risky to allow foreign tourists to visit Thailand, says top Thai doctor

webfact

On 7/14/2020 at 5:32 AM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Maybe it's come from the Thai government. Or maybe it's also come from the Thais watching the news and seeing places like the U.S. spiraling into public health disaster because they didn't take the coronavirus seriously.

Here, the BTS in BKK requires riders to wear facemasks while on the trains, and everyone pretty much does it and there's been no hue and cry of protest.

In the U.S., localities and states adopt mandatory face mask policies, and the Trumpian anti-vaccine, Obama wasn't a U.S. citizen, God will save me from the CV types go grab their assault rifles and start marching on the state capitols.

If the Thai people are scared of the CV, I'm glad about that. Because it makes it all the less likely that I, anyone in my family, and those around me will end up becoming infected. Because scared people take precautions. And ignorant people don't.

@TallGuyJohninBKK but they're scared of the wrong thing. they are more likely to end up in hospital over a dog bite than covid,they should be scared of their roads and take precautions of wearing a helmet which a lot of thais dont do and definitely the majority dont wear seatbelts so they have all there priorities completely wrong. even social distancing which is another precaution they dont do especially shops and supermarkets because thais wont queue. so they only take precautions when it suits em.

• Like 1

I do hope at some point before the new year they will consider Non O retirement, elite visa holders, folks that have belongings, large amounts of money, condo owners or renters etc and have spent many years there. And of course returning by all the testing and quarantine policies Thailand has.  A tough situation for all.  Waiting patiently ........

• Like 2

On 7/14/2020 at 2:59 PM, Mr Meeseeks said:

They will have to find something to do as there will be no tourism for months. 

The government will likely need to support taxpayers by offering bailouts.

Businesses will go to the wall, especially those that were over-leveraged, pay rents and are in debt.

No point even discussing tourism as it isn't going to happen even if the govt. decided to open up the borders, which we now know, going on the panic that the Egyptian soldier and Sudanese diplomats have caused, is not happening for many months to come. 

Oh, sorry I forgot the millions of jobs in the "something"- industry...

My bad!

• Like 1