Krabi Hotels

dickie58

I went last November for about 10 days. Stayed at a new hotel called "Duang Jai Resort" or Hotel, I am not sure, only sure about Duang Jai part. It is in Ao Nang but up in the hills a little bit. I think I booked it on Sawadee.com. I paid 2200/2400 a night including breakfast for a double room.

It is a nice boutique hotel, maybe 20 rooms, very nice pool, large rooms - 2 queen beds, nice dressing area/bathrooms, they have kitchen things like to make tea/coffee, bar classes, of course refrig. Also every room has either a balcony or a private garden in the back with seating areas. Pretty place, nice decoration, many green plants everywhere,

The staff was good. Service was good. 10 baht to get anywhere in a tuk-tuk or motorbike taxi thing, red truck. 3 minutes to the beach.

Very nice and I will go again the next chance I get.

George saw that before, but just links through to a hotel booking company, be nice for some personal recomendations?

We stayed at the Krabi Heritage in Jan this year. It was a very pleasant hotel, stayed 11 nights. Room reasonably sized, bed comfortable, hygiene and linen excellent. Bathroom in good order. Breakfasts (buffet) were quite good although there was no variation from day to day in the western menu (if you want eggs, best get them fresh cooked by the chef as the fried eggs were always cold). The staff were lovely, always friendly and very helpful. The pool is smallish although with the sea so close it doesn't matter.

The location is excellent down a short soi off the main road (so no noise) and under a 5 minute walk to the beach. If you are lucky you can get a room at the back on the 4th floor - the views are fantastic!

Overall we were impressed an have no hesitation in recommending the hotel.