BANGKOK
webfact

"I was only doing 80 kmph and I didn't see her" - innocent motorcyclist cut in two in horror smash

"I was only doing 80 kmph and I didn't see her" - innocent motorcyclist cut in two in horror smash

7pm_VI.jpg
Picture: Sanook

Horrific images from CCTV footage from outside a convenience store in Chonburi on Saturday morning showed the moment a Honda Civic plowed into the back of a woman on a Yamaha Fino motorcycle who was about to do a U-turn. 

She wouldn't have known what hit her.

The driver of the car was only slightly injured though two passengers were seriously hurt. The motorcyclist was dead at the scene, cut in two. 

Rescue personnel found the Civic in two main parts. The rear section that had hit a lamppost contained an injured passenger who was cut out in half an hour.

The front section 10 meters away contained an injured female who had been sitting next to the driver. Neither person could be identified.

The driver was named as 20 year old Pongphon who was only superficially injured. 

They were all taken to Burapha University Hospital. The accident happened in Saensuk sub-district of Muang district Chonburi on the Sai Khao Lam Road.

Some ten meters from the car wreckage was the totally destroyed remains of the Fino and the body of Supphatra, aged 47. 

Sanook reported the full grisly details of what happened to her but these are withheld here. 

Pongpon said he was on his way to university. He said he was only doing 80 kmph and he didn't see the motorcyclist who appeared to come out of nowhere.

Police arrested him, took him away and were now looking at the CCTV footage. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-13

• Sad 1

You have to be doing a very high speed to slice a car in half, or his car was a cut shut repaired, if speed wasn't the cause then perhaps a very faulty two piece, which is a common second hand purchase. then blame should encompass the re-builder, but, we will see?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking at the footage - that poor lady did nothing wrong regarding her driving.

The guy in the car just didn't see her until the last moment and then braked.

She had no chance. 😞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LennyW said:

A lot more than 80 to cause that type of wreckage!

150Km/ph from the video.

• Like 1

I imagine the outcome will be how hi-so the family are compared to the victim.

To me, listening to the screaming car, the car driver seems to be auditioning for some grand prix

• Like 2