"I was only doing 80 kmph and I didn't see her" - innocent motorcyclist cut in two in horror smash

webfact

15 hours ago, champers said:

Thankfully a quick end for the deceased. Looks like the car was going way too fast.

Dont be too sure about that, ever  seen the video of the guy in China  cut  in half  still  alive  conscious and speaking and he did survive, he  was  cut in half from the waist down.An incredible  tale of survival if  rather gruesome.

12 hours ago, tiocfaidh said:

And the sad thing is his two passengers are critically injured the girl on the motorcycle is dead. Should be him that's dead.

MANY Thais wear no seat belt Wifes  sister actually  connects it to the  socket and sits  on top of it so it  appears its being worn, the  level of  stupidity never  ceases to amaze me.

• Like 1

Yeah i would say more than 80klm. Thais only know one speed. Petal to the metal mate.Me Me Me But the cops will go with that Easy paper work Now covid is taking a break Thais will get back to business and Increase the road carnage

• Sad 1

His point (I believe) is that the gov't appears to be going overboard in it's efforts to control the virus - while doing absolutely nothing to lessen the carnage on the roads.

It's been a common refrain on threads here since the virus crisis began.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2020 at 2:09 PM, taotoo said:

Is that Civic an EG? They seem to be uniquely used by boy racers

"Uniquely" used by boy racers and then you link to a page showing many completely standard EGs that are clearly not boy-racer's cars?  Odd.  You don't know what "uniquely" means?

On 7/13/2020 at 3:16 PM, EricTh said:

I see a lot of poor Thai drivers. This is a list of things I observed.

1. do U-turn suddenly

2. drive on opposite side of road

3. turn left suddenly to a petrol station even when there are motorcylists on its path that is coming very close.

4. go into main road suddenly even when there are motorcyclists on its path that is coming very close.

Thai drivers simply have NO patience in waiting for people to pass first.

I don't know why Thai transport give these people driving licence in the first place.

You know the Thai drivers mantra  ME FIRST  applies to the vast majority of them .

My missus often mocks me when she's a passenger and I'm driving. She says I'm like a bird. Always focused, looking around and checking my mirrors. In Thailand, you have to be ultra aware of your surroundings when driving. There's always some potential hazard. And so often you'll see people driving while looking at their phone.

Well-educated and experienced drivers don't make mistakes like going into the back of someone who's waiting to u-turn. They seldom make any mistakes. 

22 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

"Uniquely" used by boy racers and then you link to a page showing many completely standard EGs that are clearly not boy-racer's cars?  Odd.  You don't know what "uniquely" means?

For me it shows 9 of the first 11 cars as boy racer cars. I know what uniquely means - I'll change it to 'largely' if it will help you sleep better.

Untitled-1.jpg.205a15db6cd257f39465c67c731c055e.jpg

On 7/15/2020 at 1:48 PM, taotoo said:

For me it shows 9 of the first 11 cars as boy racer cars. I know what uniquely means - I'll change it to 'largely' if it will help you sleep better.

Untitled-1.jpg.205a15db6cd257f39465c67c731c055e.jpg

Some EG's are modified here, but none of those pictures are from Thailand. 

The car in question was travelling quickly and at high rpm. It appears that the car lost control before hitting the lady on the bike. 

17 hours ago, DavisH said:

Some EG's are modified here, but none of those pictures are from Thailand. 

The car in question was travelling quickly and at high rpm. It appears that the car lost control before hitting the lady on the bike. 

Almost all of them are modified. I didn't claim any of them were from Thailand. These ones are though, and again, almost all of them are modified:

https://www.one2car.com/en/used-cars-for-sale/honda/civic/3Dr-4Dr เตารีด (ปี 92-95)