Second Extension Based on Letter

Hi there,

From what I heard, if I already had a 1-month SETV extension at immigration, I will not be able to extend my visa in case the amnesty ends?

So, basically, I arrived in Thailand on the 2nd of January, extended at the end of February till the 1st of April.

The amnesty was granted later on, so I used my CoViD embassy letter extension uselessly, as some people I heard of as well (since my visa was about to expire after the 26th of March, I could use the amnesty, but I wasn't aware of it).

At the moment, my embassy issued me a final letter to stay 30 more days in case no amnesty extension will take place.

I'm a bit worried after reading some comments here. I read on the news that govt suggests to get another letter from an embassy if we wish to stay longer and there are issues leaving. Would that letter that I got be of any use at the actual immigration, however, based on my already used 2 extensions? I'm just hoping that they would neglect the other CoViD extension as invalid or anything, as I didn't in theory need it, but the announcement of amnesty was made later in April.

Thanks.

With another letter from your embassy you should be able to get another 30 day extension if the amnesty is not extended.

It they will extended it for 30 days and may state it the last one to give your more time to leave or make arrangements for some kind of extension.

These extension letters, do they really check these? I mean there were 10s of thousands of them the last time, were they calling the embassies to verify each and every one of them? Just seems like a completely useless paper that gets stacked somewhere to never see the sun again.

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

With another letter from your embassy you should be able to get another 30 day extension if the amnesty is not extended.

It they will extended it for 30 days and may state it the last one to give your more time to leave or make arrangements for some kind of extension.

Truly appreciate your concise and up to the point reply, hopefully it will work, as my embassy agreed to issue such a letter in these circumstances.

8 minutes ago, timoti said:

These extension letters, do they really check these? I mean there were 10s of thousands of them the last time, were they calling the embassies to verify each and every one of them? Just seems like a completely useless paper that gets stacked somewhere to never see the sun again.

I think they do that. Even though last time I had an extension letter for 30 days, I had to show up after 14 days being 'under consideration', as some major chief was not present at that time to verify the source of the letter. They finally verified it after my next show up at the immigration office in 14 days, so that I could have 30 days in full, 14 + 16.

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Hi Joe. You've been a great source of visa information over these years. I'm also stuck on the visa amnesty. My plan was to get enrolled on a Thai language (or similar) university course here, as I understand there isn't a need to leave the country for those ED visas. However, when I spoke with one of them, they didn't seem keen in helping as technically the visa exemption is already expired. So wondering if my best shot would be to get an extension — which I hope they're going to offer — and then try again to get an ED visa. Any thoughts?

14 minutes ago, jmsthailand said:

Hi Joe. You've been a great source of visa information over these years. I'm also stuck on the visa amnesty. My plan was to get enrolled on a Thai language (or similar) university course here, as I understand there isn't a need to leave the country for those ED visas. However, when I spoke with one of them, they didn't seem keen in helping as technically the visa exemption is already expired. So wondering if my best shot would be to get an extension — which I hope they're going to offer — and then try again to get an ED visa. Any thoughts?

I am in the same situation, I am thinking about the ED visa, but to get it inside Thailand I think is 3 or 4 weeks. And I already extended the 30 days before the amnesty was announced, my tourist visa ended in the end of april, so I paid that 1900 bahts for nothing, very unlucky. I am worried, I don't understand why they don't announce, it's very easy, yes or no?

10 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

@jmsthailand - See this thread for how it works in the real-world:
https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1170345-my-ed-visa-after-31-july/?do=findComment&comment=15563426

Perhaps your school doesn't have the connections.  I would try others.

Yeah, the issue is there aren't enough days left till the visa amnesty supposedly ends to get even this "type" of ED visa in time. So hoping it can be done once on a thirty-day extension.

8 minutes ago, jonga80 said:

I am in the same situation, I am thinking about the ED visa, but to get it inside Thailand I think is 3 or 4 weeks. And I already extended the 30 days before the amnesty was announced, my tourist visa ended in the end of april, so I paid that 1900 bahts for nothing, very unlucky. I am worried, I don't understand why they don't announce, it's very easy, yes or no?

Yeah they told me there's not enough time to process one before July 30. So I just have to hope an extension is possible and then to do it on the extension...

15 hours ago, jonga80 said:

I don't understand why they don't announce, it's very easy, yes or no?

No it is not.

The announcement is easy, the decision behind the announcement Is far more difficult.

You should expect more information either this week or near the beginning of next week.

6 hours ago, baansgr said:

Volunteer visas are now becoming popular in Pattaya, cost approx 50k for a year but can be done without leaving the country...expensive but an option

Any more info on these?  What are some reputable agencies in Pattaya to check on for this, or are recommendations not permitted on the forum?  I found one online in Chiang Mai but no idea if its legitimate or a scam.  Its 18k/3mo and 38k/12mo,

14 hours ago, baansgr said:

Volunteer visas are now becoming popular in Pattaya, cost approx 50k for a year but can be done without leaving the country...expensive but an option

be careful,  if they are using fake stamps or something happens in the future you can have problems.