Jump to content
BANGKOK
khaepmu

Options for Non-O Multiple Entry Based on Marriage befote July 312t

Recommended Posts

I have a one year Non O Multiple Entry based on Marriage which expires Nov. 17th, 2020. I did one border crossing in Cambodia and returned the same day on Feb. 12th, 2020 so my 90 days was good until May 11th, 2020. Becuase of the  July 31st amnesty and because of the obvious  travel difficulties and retrictions in Thailand I have been waiting for clarification from Thai Immigration as to what to do next. Are there any nearby countries where I can do a short one day border crossing and come back into Thailand, the same day if possible.  I know Cambodia is requiring 100,000. What about Malasia and Myanmar. And, being an American, would I be allowed back into Thailand? I am going to the local immigration office tomorrow to see what they say. With some luck, they might give me another 90days without having to leave the country. I would consider flying to Vietnam or Singapore if I knew I could get back into Thailand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The amensty may not end on the 31st. I think they will do a 30 extension of it and may say that it is the last one.

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife.

Immigration cannot create a 90 day entry from you visa.

Forget being able to do a border crossing to any neighboring country. The are all closed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are  certainly not alone in pretty much the  same situation.

You do not mention the option of  applying for a 12 month  extension based on marriage for which  it seems you would/may  qualify since you have had  previous timely short term extensions ...with the proviso of  having the sufficient  deposited  funds?

But despite the silence as yet  further extension of the  amnesty is more likely than  not  for a variety of  reasons.

Not least of those is that while you/we are welcome to depart ( and yes expensive flights are available) there are some destinations where arrivals are limited causing queues for entry and which also applies to those wanting to enter Thailand including citizens.

It  may be that tomorrow, Tuesday, may bring some news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @ubonjoe

I have the same circumstances as @khaepmu (Multi entry non o visa valid until march 2021. Last entry was 18 March 2020.)

Is the 60 day extension also known as "extension of temporary stay in case of staying with thai wife" ?

I applied for this yesterday at chaeng wattana (counter L) but was informed i also need to take photographs of us outside our house and include a location map.

 

I will return tomorrow with those things but i am concerned that the extension of temporary stay will invalidate my multi-entry visa, should i eventually return to work.

 

Is this a valid concern or am i applying for the incorrect type of extension?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Bazooka San said:

Is the 60 day extension also known as "extension of temporary stay in case of staying with thai wife" ?

No It is the following according to the immigration order.

"2.24 In the case of visiting a spouse or children who are of Thai nationality:"

Maybe the are just wanting something extra now for the 60 day extension for proof of residence.

 

I assume you did not show them the financial proof that is required for a one year extension.

The 60 day extension will certainly have no effect on your multiple entry non-o visa. 

Even with a one year extension you can get a multiple re-entry permit to keep it valid if you need to travel.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @ubonjoe

To clarify, I was asked to show financial proof, and provided the latest bank book copy showing at least 400000 for the last six months, but because the last transaction was 02 July 2020, although up to date, we were asked to update the bank book to within the last 24 hours (and provide photos and a location map) before returning.

Having queued for 6 hours, to get this result i feel sure we were in the wrong queue or the IO was not sure what we were applying for.

 

So to clarify, when @khaepmu or I go to Chaeng Wattana next, to extend our stay here rather than leaving the country, we should complete form TM 7 and go to counter L and ask for "2.24 In the case of visiting a spouse or children who are of Thai nationality:" ?

many thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Regarding Landlord Docs: At CW this past March, the IO took the signed-by-landlord copies of the lease and landlord's ID card for a 60-day extension.  Someone else mentioned rent-payment receipts (TR to Non-O conversion), so cannot hurt to have those ready, if needed, also. 

 

I had pics in my stack when I got my 60-day (was going for a 1-year), and they did not take them at that time.  If they are asking for bank-book seasoned-money, they appear to be processing for a 1-year - or perhaps limiting 60-day extensions to those who will use them as a bridge to the 1-year.  For the 1-year, you need pics inside the house, also. 

 

If outside pics only for a 60-day, this may be to screen out some applicants from other areas, who are being denied service (w/o agent-money) at other offices.  Like this case:
https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1172780-io-told-me-visa-amnesty-overstay-today-refused-conversion-to-retirement-without-29500-vip-service/

Edited by JackThompson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bazooka San said:

So to clarify, when @khaepmu or I go to Chaeng Wattana next, to extend our stay here rather than leaving the country, we should complete form TM 7 and go to counter L and ask for "2.24 In the case of visiting a spouse or children who are of Thai nationality:" ?

many thanks.

When you complete the TM7 form you put extension to visit my wife in the space for the reason and 60 days for the length of it. You tell you want an extension to visit your wife not one to stay or live with her.

Apparently they thought you wanted to apply for one year extension of stay based upon marriage the requires 400k bah in a Thai bank for 2 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Regarding Landlord Docs: At CW this past March, the IO took the signed-by-landlord copies of the lease and landlord's ID card for a 60-day extension.  Someone else mentioned rent-payment receipts (TR to Non-O conversion), so cannot hurt to have those ready, if needed, also. 

 

I had pics in my stack when I got my 60-day (was going for a 1-year), and they did not take them at that time.  If they are asking for bank-book seasoned-money, they appear to be processing for a 1-year - or perhaps limiting 60-day extensions to those who will use them as a bridge to the 1-year.  For the 1-year, you need pics inside the house, also. 

 

If outside pics only for a 60-day, this may be to screen out some applicants from other areas, who are being denied service (w/o agent-money) at other offices.  Like this case:
https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1172780-io-told-me-visa-amnesty-overstay-today-refused-conversion-to-retirement-without-29500-vip-service/

Yes. It appears i was being processed for a 1 year extension. I shall try again next week with a clearer description that i wish to visit the wife for 60 days.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...