Concern over infected Egyptian soldier in Rayong quarantine – among 3 new Covid-19 cases

webfact

18 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Has there been any progress whatsoever in the tracking front besides the useless thaichana? Do they have a task force for manual tracking? Did they use the time bought by extremely expensive lockdowns for anything? Testing capability? 

Forget the Thaichana. Had to go to 3 shopping malls in Chiang Mai on Sunday.
Staff at the entrances playing on their phones, nobody is registering wether by app nor in the book.
I asked one staff how to use the app, his answer: Is BS only, must not do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well well well , we were going to go on a 10 tour down to Pattaya etc etc starting next week but the Mrs has got wind of this story and thats it all plans on stop, she like many thais are paranoid about Cv19 and this maybe why the infection rate has been low compared to others, why must there be this hi-so attitude in Los, if my other  halves  attitude to this is typical this will set it all back a bit, maybe ask some  of the health spa's in the vicinity if they recieved an Egyption heavily laden with shopping bags.

19 hours ago, MadMac said:

Same as with the american ambassador last week, some are getting a free pass and endanger a whole country. Irresponsible.

The issue is not that important when important people are involved...... 

19 hours ago, MadMac said:

Same as with the american ambassador last week, some are getting a free pass and endanger a whole country. Irresponsible.

What is the point of a 14 day compulsory quarantine that is only compulsory for some?? Who made the decisions to let Egyptian soldiers in when they had been staying in many other countries?? This or these decisions were most unwise and endanger lives and allow others to take little notice of quarantine laws !!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NancyL said:

Why, oh why, would they let these foreign soldiers out of their hotel to go to a shopping mall and "other places"?  It's bad enough that they were permitted to transit through Thailand.  All the hard-won gains of the lock-down, social distancing and mask-wearing can be lost with just a few lapses like this.

Who allowed this stupidity? Someone in The Ministry of Heath and Xenophobia maybe?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, ThaidDown said:

It would help somewhat if they published the names of the hotel, shopping centre and 'other' venues plus the times that these people visited. Have not seen these details published.

(We live in Rayong city and wife claims to know the name of hotel,shopping centre and one other establishment and she is usually right about these things, but will not state here )

Many questions left open

1) I had to install an app on arrival in March to chase where I go. App is still on my mobile. Not sure that it stop chasing

2) At every public place, Mall etc I have to sign in and out for enter the venue

3) Why could they stay in a normal hotel without quarantine? What make this group so VIP, even that they had a trip history through high risk countries?

4) Why have to ask people who might met this guy without knowing the face?

5) Was this the only one of the group of 30 who went out? 

6) Are there no faster test available, at least for those VIP which get so much more freedom than the rest of Thailand?

7) Who will be responsible if Rayong become a new hot spot?

I really accept every rule from the government and hope for Thailand to grow up again from that crisis, but this looks for me of a total mismanagement which make me not only sad, but scare.

• Like 2

They won't even tell the people which venues they visited so they're not exactly being transparent!
Now all the Hotels and Shopping Malls have to deny one by one they visited them otherwise people won't go.
From what I understand there's also no quarantine Hotels in Rayong?
They arrived Wednesday and tested Positive Sunday so that's 5 days did they wonder around for 5 days?
Seems there's a big cover up and pass the buck Job going on.

Edited by DirtyHarry55
  • Like 1

"the army have nothing to do with this, stop spreading fake news that hurts the army in thailand"

Was one of the news items somewhere.

It shows how utterly stupid and daft the government is here, maybe Anutin wants to chime in today and blame someone from the west instead of the muslims or his own badly organised country ?

And yes, lets get real , more people die per day here on the roads than the entire covid "crisis" combined. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, DrTuner said:

For the first one, many, second one, a few, third one, nobody cares. That's how it works in Thailand, complacency kicks in fast and vicious.

Fast  & furious complacency 

trying to wait the virus out with a lockdown

Enforcing the untenable belief in technology on people & the Virus 

95% of the population are asymtomatic of the virus ( its a virulent cold ) 

Protect the elderly and quaratine the people with co-morbidities 

Open up everywhere and let the virus take its course through the population , its the only wsy 

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

It is what has been noticed by myself and quite a few others in the way folks have reacted to the Daily reports if no domestic cases. Complacency has crept in and then complacency can become a bad habit and a attitude of who the f cares....causing major problems 

The girl checking temperatures at my local Tesco didn't even bother to look at my reading.