Woman meditating on life in canal has villagers worried

webfact

By The Nation

800_66ca90c0bd8d4b9.jpg?v=1594620736

A woman who was driving from Nong Bua Lumphu to Bangkok to find work decided to stop and take a dip in a canal outside Nakhon Nayok’s Cholapruek Resort and think about where her life was taking her. She had lost her job in Prachinburi due to the Covid-19 fallout.

However, villagers in the area, concerned about her safety since she wouldn’t respond to their calls, decided to have the local rescue team come and help her. This story then went viral on social media, moving netizens to extend help and advice on overcoming challenges.

“While travelling to seek a job in Bangkok, I decided to park my car and take a dip in the canal to cool my temper,” she said. “I did not respond to the villagers’ calls, because I was thinking about my life.”

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30391215

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-13

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, webfact said:

I can imagine a few find themselves in that kind of situation.

Just glad I was not born in one of these countries.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Makes perfect sense to me sitting in a canal watching the water coming and going and pondering where your life's choices are taking you . This covid wake up call is a good time to reevaluate the path we all have been taking , one that has set the stage for the  perfect storm which we find ourselves in .Maybe back to the farm and a life more rooted in the real world instead of trying to place our card in the house of which we have all been making . Everything is falling apart because of this almost invisible half life . Who's at the top of the food chain now ??

22 hours ago, thequietman said:

Another 1 living beyond her means, loses her job, and now doesn't have a pot to pish in. (Maybe)

A pathetic quip. There are many people who lived well within their "means" only to be sideswiped by job loss. You've no place to make a comment like that.

1 hour ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

A pathetic quip. There are many people who lived well within their "means" only to be sideswiped by job loss. You've no place to make a comment like that.

Did you not see the 'Maybe' in brackets. ????