800k in bank 3 months after retirement extension.

Jomtien Immigration.

Can anyone give me a correct answer on my question?

Do I have to show updated bankbook to proof 800k has been in bank for 3 months after retirement extension of stay? Any photo copies or just show updated bank book at the extension desk? This is at JOMTIEN. I want to be prepared.

Thank you.

Yes.

Normally when you submit your Extension renewal at Jomtien, they give you a form that has an excerpt from the Police Order regarding how long the funds have to be in the account (before and after).

The form has a checklist of paperwork you need to submit and the date it is due. Note, they make the date 90 days later, regardless if that falls on a Sunday or holiday. If that's the case, it seems you shouldn't go in early as you need to prove the money has remained in the account the correct length of time (literally to the day).

I have scanned the form they gave me. It shows the checklist of documents on the left side.
1019182383_ScheduleIIform.jpg.6370ab68dbfc75d47a99da66c0e0e5b2.jpg

Keep in mind - there was another thread a few weeks ago where someone said their extension was cancelled because they took the money out too soon. (They went in to do their 90 Day report, nothing was mentioned about showing the bank book, so they assumed they could take the money out even though it was 2 weeks before the 3 months was up. They went back later to change the "Retirement" extension to a "Marriage" extension and were told their "visa" was cancelled because they hadn't kept the money in the account for the full 3 months.)

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Yes.

Normally when you submit your Extension renewal at Jomtien, they give you a form that has an excerpt from the Police Order regarding how long the funds have to be in the account (before and after).

The form has a checklist of paperwork you need to submit and the date it is due. Note, they make the date 90 days later, regardless if that falls on a Sunday or holiday. If that's the case, it seems you shouldn't go in early as you need to prove the money has remained in the account the correct length of time (literally to the day).

I have scanned the form they gave me. It shows the checklist of documents on the left side.

Keep in mind - there was another thread a few weeks ago where someone said their extension was cancelled because they took the money out too soon. (They went in to do their 90 Day report, nothing was mentioned about showing the bank book, so they assumed they could take the money out even though it was 2 weeks before the 3 months was up. They went back later to change the "Retirement" extension to a "Marriage" extension and were told their "visa" was cancelled because they hadn't kept the money in the account for the full 3 months.)

Thanks for your reply Kerryd. They didn't give me that form you scanned but maybe made me sign it when I applied for my extension on 15 april. I updated my fixed account bank book today and took fotocopies of my passport pages. Last visa issued by Thai immigration do they mean the extension of stay stamp by that?

I will go to immigration tomorrow.

Thanks.

You have to keep the money there for three months. I’ve seen posts where Jomtien wants you to return in 90 days to show them that the money was there for the entire three months. They should tell you that they want you to return when they  give you your extension. This return visit is not related to your 90 day report. They are two different things though they may coincide with same dates. Many other Immigration offices do not require you to return in 90 days to verify your bank deposits. Bangkok is one of these. They verifying that to met your financial requirements by examining a year’s banking statements at the time of your next extension.

I am sure that people who use agents will have a different experience about this.

Edited by Martyp
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rutteketuut said:

Thanks for your reply Kerryd. They didn't give me that form you scanned but maybe made me sign it when I applied for my extension on 15 april. I updated my fixed account bank book today and took fotocopies of my passport pages. Last visa issued by Thai immigration do they mean the extension of stay stamp by that?

I will go to immigration tomorrow.

Thanks.

Yes, they mean last Extension stamp. Confuses things mightily when Immigration themselves say "Visa".

When you go in to Immigration, tell them you couldn't find that page (that I scanned) and they should be able to give you a new one on the spot (so you can sign it and they can add it to the other paperwork).

37 minutes ago, bobonzo said:

Raises the question 'how do they check if you normally do 90-day report online' ?

I'll have to ask when I do my next Extension of Stay.

Good point. When I did my extension and 90-day back in February, they clipped a little ticket into my passport indicating the requirement to show the bank balance at the next 90-day report. "But I report online" I said, slightly tongue in cheek because I didn't expect the online to work for me, as my last entry to Thailand was last August and I obtained a new passport in January. "Oh, OK" was the reply with a shrug, which I inferred meant they weren't really bothered about it. <90 days later I logged on to the online system more in hope than expectation, and it immediately pinged back "approved".

So I haven't been anywhere near Immigration since February. My next online reporting window opens next week, and I now expect the system to work for me indefinitely. If all goes to plan, I will simply remove the slip before I go for my next extension. My bank book is fully up to date.

On 7/13/2020 at 4:20 PM, rutteketuut said:

I got my extension of stay on 15 April.

If you got the paper from Jomtien immigration with the date for the 90 days check, you have to go there. On that paper it says what you need to copy: 2 copies from your passport, the photo page and the last extension, 2 copies from your updated bankbook, the first page with your name and the last page. Sign every copy at the bottom in blue ink. Go straight to desk 8. No number is needed. 

4 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Yes.

What are the clause a) and b) in section 6 about?

The 60 and 55 years requirement is news to me.

I thought everyone above 50 years old were treated equal.

Edited by ExpatOilWorker

17 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

What are the clause a) and b) in section 6 about?

The 60 and 55 years requirement is news to me.

I thought everyone above 50 years old were treated equal.

That is only for those that were on extension based upon retirement in October of 1998. It was done for the first increase of the requirements after the crash of the baht.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2020 at 4:20 PM, rutteketuut said:

I got my extension of stay on 15 April.

Me too. I should have gone there today according the date stamp. Will go there tomorrow. If you go too tomorrow it might be very crowded ????

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

If you got the paper from Jomtien immigration with the date for the 90 days check, you have to go there. On that paper it says what you need to copy: 2 copies from your passport, the photo page and the last extension, 2 copies from your updated bankbook, the first page with your name and the last page. Sign every copy at the bottom in blue ink. Go straight to desk 8. No number is needed. 

Got it. Thank you. Will do it tomorrow.

5 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

Good point. When I did my extension and 90-day back in February, they clipped a little ticket into my passport indicating the requirement to show the bank balance at the next 90-day report. "But I report online" I said, slightly tongue in cheek because I didn't expect the online to work for me, as my last entry to Thailand was last August and I obtained a new passport in January. "Oh, OK" was the reply with a shrug, which I inferred meant they weren't really bothered about it. <90 days later I logged on to the online system more in hope than expectation, and it immediately pinged back "approved".

So I haven't been anywhere near Immigration since February. My next online reporting window opens next week, and I now expect the system to work for me indefinitely. If all goes to plan, I will simply remove the slip before I go for my next extension. My bank book is fully up to date.

Why don't people understand 90 day reporting after its been written about by many posters.

The 90 day report and the 90 day (3 month) report of 800k in the bank after your Retirement extension, are NOT the same, they are two different reporting issues, and at two different desks.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

Just check that slip wording carefully. On the one I had it said failure to go back on the prescribed date and show the balance meant the extension was cancelled, OWTTA.

They do keep a record so if you remove the slip and play dumb you might suddenly find there's an issue when doing your next extension.

I did my latest one year extension (Non-O) at Jomthien IO in Aril and an online 90 days report in early June this year. I was neither asked to return with proof of funds in the bank account 90 days later, nor was a notice clipped in my passport.

This year was the first time I went to Jomthien, previously I did my one year extensions in Bangkok. There too I was never asked to return with proof of funds in the bank.