Jump to content
BANGKOK

Recommended Posts

I'm looking for a new phone, and I want to spend not more than 4500 Baht.

 

Preferably should have 4/64 Gb and Dual Wifi.

 

Size minimum 6"

 

Let me hear your suggestion, within that price range and screen size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see lot of phones within my spec and price range on Lazada, but I don't know what's decent.

 

I for example see a Redmi 9 4/64 for 4199 Baht, with 15 months warranty.

 

Redmi 8 can have had even cheaper

 

Any good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Does this suggestion get me a rollocking for being over budget? :coffee1:

 

 

Screenshot 2020-07-13 at 15.42.04.png

 

3 Baht will not break the bank, but when I clearly mention that 4500 Baht is the limit I want to pay there is probably a reason for it, so I don't really see the point in suggesting phone almost 10% more, and I even less see the point in ridiculing my kind reminder that 4500 Baht is the limit.

 

Because if we start with "only" 10% over the target, the next suggestion will be just 2% over the previous one, and before we know we are at 5500 Baht, which I would not consider anyway even if it was gold plated.

 

Now thanks for your suggestion, but since I said already that I don't know anything about phones, it would be appreciated if you gave some feedback why you consider this a good choice.

 

I assume A91 is the Oppo, but I don't know Oppo, so is that a quality brand?

 

Edit to add : In the listing it says brand Bobarry, and NO warranty.

 

 

Edited by Susco
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Incomprehensible post removed

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/13/2020 at 9:43 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Does this suggestion get me a rollocking for being over budget? :coffee1:

 

 

Screenshot 2020-07-13 at 15.42.04.png

I don't like the wording of this.  While it implies Samsung, nowhere does it say Samsung though it has a very similar model number to Samsungs.  I suspect a cheap knock-off.

 

Checking Lazada, both Xiaomi Redmi 8 and Redmi Note 8 in your price range.  There is a significant difference in specs between "Note-8" opposed to "8". 

The newer line of "Redmi 9" & "Note 9" seems just beyond your price range. Xiaomi Redmi has an excellent reputation for value.  "RealMe" phones (made by Oppo) also are a very good value.

I suggest you go through Lazada listings, pick a few that appeal to you price and spec wise and check some review videos on You Tube.  "TechTablets" is a reliable review site.

 

Edited by dddave
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dddave said:

I don't like the wording of this.  While it implies Samsung, nowhere does it say Samsung though it has a very similar model number to Samsungs.  I suspect a cheap knock-off.

It is a knock off. The listing says brand Bobarry and no warranty provided

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

brand means nothing, battery and memory do, that A91 comes with 5000 mAh battery and you

cant get any better than that for 4500 baht, that translate into over 3 days of no recharge,

meaning you wont panic if you dont have any charge to plug into.

4 GB RAM is on the low side, i note when i close apps my phone informs me i use a bit over 4 GB,

and i am a very light user, so its gonna lag a bit at times when it has to take data from ROM.

all in all you are not going to get a better deal at this time for your 4500 baht budget,

and there arent a whole lot of phones out there with that good battery regardless of what you pay

 

final note: you can see on 'ratings' what people that bought it think of the product

on that site, this particular item has no rating at all, so if it was me i'd keep browsing for a product with stars and buyer reviews

Edited by scammed
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, scammed said:

brand means nothing, battery and memory do, that A91 comes with 5000 mAh battery and you

cant get any better than that for 4500 baht, that translate into over 3 days of no recharge,

meaning you wont panic if you dont have any charge to plug into.

4 GB RAM is on the low side, i note when i close apps my phone informs me i use a bit over 4 GB,

and i am a very light user, so its gonna lag a bit at times when it has to take data from ROM.

all in all you are not going to get a better deal at this time for your 4500 baht budget,

and there arent a whole lot of phones out there with that good battery regardless of what you pay

 

final note: you can see on 'ratings' what people that bought it think of the product

on that site, this particular item has no rating at all, so if it was me i'd keep browsing for a product with stars and buyer reviews

How wrong you can be.

 

Brand name means a LOT for a phone, because it will also mean the quality of the components used.

 

You think a RAM or eMMc chip from BiWin or Maxio, will perform the same as the same chips from Samsung - Toshiba or Micron? The latter is what is used in brand name devices, the former in knock off's.

 

I don't even dare to think about what processor might be in there.

 

Ratings are added within the first 2 weeks after the device is delivered, and when everything still looks good, but mean nothing as I expect the phone to last more than 2 weeks

 

The reason your phone warns you about your memory is most likely because you use one of those no brand Chinese knock off's.

 

My current phone, a MI A2 Lite with 3/32 Gb never warns me about low memory.

 

21 minutes ago, scammed said:

all in all you are not going to get a better deal at this time for your 4500 baht budget,

and there arent a whole lot of phones out there with that good battery regardless of what you pay

This phone seems to have similar spec, has a brand name and 15 months warranty, and is cheaper, so I think better deals are available

 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/xiaomi-redmi-9-ram-4gb-rom-64gb-15-i1226388462-s2931730124.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.bestshown_1.15.2c6d3a6azB3uBM&search=1

 

image.png.8f0164ae6b3c61ce5077e8539f783484.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2020 at 8:28 PM, Susco said:

Redmi 8 can have had even cheaper

 

Any good?

My wife is very happy with her Redmi Note 8  no problems with it in the past 7 months.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dddave said:

The newer line of "Redmi 9" & "Note 9" seems just beyond your price range. Xiaomi Redmi has an excellent reputation for value. 

The Redmi 9 seems to be well within my price range, as you can see from my earlier post, while the Note 9 is just outside.

 

Been looking at the specs, and the main difference I see is better camera and little brighter screen.

 

The Note 9 also use a Helio G85 processor, and the 9 a Helio G80 processor.

 

Redmi 9 has gorilla 3 glass, and Note 9 gorilla 5.

 

Not sure if those differences are worth 500 Baht extra to me, as I use the phone in a book cover anyway, and I'm not someone who 24/7 takes pictures of himself and his food.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Susco said:

How wrong you can be.

 

Brand name means a LOT for a phone, because it will also mean the quality of the components used.

 

You think a RAM or eMMc chip from BiWin or Maxio, will perform the same as the same chips from Samsung - Toshiba or Micron? The latter is what is used in brand name devices, the former in knock off's.

 

I don't even dare to think about what processor might be in there.

 

Ratings are added within the first 2 weeks after the device is delivered, and when everything still looks good, but mean nothing as I expect the phone to last more than 2 weeks

 

The reason your phone warns you about your memory is most likely because you use one of those no brand Chinese knock off's.

 

My current phone, a MI A2 Lite with 3/32 Gb never warns me about low memory.

 

This phone seems to have similar spec, has a brand name and 15 months warranty, and is cheaper, so I think better deals are available

 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/xiaomi-redmi-9-ram-4gb-rom-64gb-15-i1226388462-s2931730124.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.bestshown_1.15.2c6d3a6azB3uBM&search=1

 

image.png.8f0164ae6b3c61ce5077e8539f783484.png

it doesnt warn me, it doesnt have to, it just give a notification of memory use,

and i conclude i use a bit over 4 GB RAM, so for me the minimum requirement is 6 GB.

anyway the phone you listed has the same spec so if you are comfortable with that brand all the merrier, and if its cheaper even better,

but do read the fine print so you dont get lower spec battery/RAM then 5000 mAh / 4GB RAM

 

 

Edited by scammed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...