Report: Chang wattana IO expired non-o

It is normal that you would apply in the province where you are working and have a work permit issued there when applying for an extension based upon working.

I don't think that would apply in your case since you are applying for one based upon marriage.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is normal that you would apply in the province where you are working and have a work permit issued there when applying for an extension based upon working.

I don't think that would apply in your case since you are applying for one based upon marriage.

So even the information desk snd the guy giving numbers said i can probably.. you say cannot. Tbh im going to believe you.. but i will still try and see... damn i had some hope ????

do you think have chance for 60 days?

Edited by problemfarang

3 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

do you think have chance for 60 days?

Yes if you have not applied for one since you last entered the country.

Before doing it wait to see if they extend the amnesty. If they do you can wait until later.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes if you have not applied for one since you last entered the country.

Before doing it wait to see if they extend the amnesty. If they do you can wait until later.

Thats my plan @ubonjoe But why nonthaburi immigration didnt do it. They said NO to 60 days too. 

So maybe can try at CW for 60 days

My wife lives in khon kaen. Maybe i can go there for 60 days and ask do we have any report from khon kaen?

This is what i dont understabd.. so where i cna do this 60 days? Nonthaburi IO said no. CW says i dont live in Bkk.. so what?

Edited by problemfarang

you could come back to nonthaburi immigration and tell them that CW bangkok said it was ok to do so, these small province need to follow the rule of law in bangkok, just being sarcastic. its frustrated how these different office live in their owned little bubble

Edited by clorox
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, clorox said:

you could come back to nonthaburi immigration and tell them that CW bangkok said it was ok to do so, these small province need to follow the rule of law in bangkok, just being sarcastic. its frustrated how these different office live in their owned little bubble

Yes its just.... stress.. nothing more.. one say ok one say no

1 hour ago, problemfarang said:

My wife lives in khon kaen. Maybe i can go there for 60 days and ask do we have any report from khon kaen?

If your wife was not with you when tried to apply for the 60 day extension that may the reason for it being denied since she has to be with you.

38 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If your wife was not with you when tried to apply for the 60 day extension that may the reason for it being denied since she has to be with you.

No the reason at nonthaburi was because my visa is expired. For both extansion and 60 days.

But CW said its not a problem

I have no idea anymore. I accept that will leave the country and try to come back again. Seems there is no other solution

Thursday will try CW first for 1 year if not, 60 days.. if not.. nothing to do.. go laos 14 days get non-o come back thailand 14 days... 

Edited by problemfarang
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

No the reason at nonthaburi was because my visa is expired. For both extansion and 60 days.

I have no idea anymore. I accept that will leave the country and try to come back again. Seems there is no other solution

If you cannot do it at CW, I am sure some agent serves Nonthaburi.  A 60-day should not be prohibitive, because there is no district-level sign-off (extra 10K+ baht for that).

1 minute ago, JackThompson said:

If you cannot do it at CW, I am sure some agent serves Nonthaburi.  A 60-day should not be prohibitive, because there is no district-level sign-off (extra 10K+ baht for that).

Please let me know if you know anyone can help. Can send me private message. Thanks

1 minute ago, problemfarang said:

Please let me know if you know anyone can help. Can send me private message. Thanks

I've never even been there, but hopefully someone who lives there can help.  It is even possible one of the Bangkok agents could handle it - should not require a 'law firm' or anything fancy.

19 hours ago, problemfarang said:

Thursday will try CW first for 1 year if not, 60 days.. if not.. nothing to do.. go laos 14 days get non-o come back thailand 14 days... 

You'll receive an extension.

You certainly won't be getting into Laos anytime soon. So forget that option.

34 minutes ago, bkkdawg said:

I have to extend an expired single entry NON-O based on having a Thai child. Does anyone have a report on doing this at Chiang Mai immigration yet? Thanks in advance. 

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your child.

If your are the legal father of your child you could apply for a one year extension if you can meet the financial requirements.

3 hours ago, drbeach said:

You'll receive an extension.

You certainly won't be getting into Laos anytime soon. So forget that option.

And what extension it is? Im rejected from almost every where and actually rejected wrongly from nonthaburi IO..

Are you talking about another visa amnesty? I dont think we will have another and i really wish im wrong. If we would have one we would hear about it todays meeting.. but i say again i really wish we would have another one... but its not the solution because after that amnesty end.. still it wont be easy to go and come back to thailand especially after this rayong thing

10 hours ago, problemfarang said:

Are you talking about another visa amnesty? I dont think we will have another and i really wish im wrong. If we would have one we would hear about it todays meeting.. but i say again i really wish we would have another one... but its not the solution because after that amnesty end.. still it wont be easy to go and come back to thailand especially after this rayong thing

I think is to late for them to announce their will be no amnesty. They would of announced it already since nothing is required by the cabinet to do that.

I think it will be done at next week's Tuesday cabinet meeting if it is put on the agenda.

52 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think is to late for them to announce their will be no amnesty. They would of announced it already since nothing is required by the cabinet to do that.

I think it will be done at next week's Tuesday cabinet meeting if it is put on the agenda.

I hope so.. another question can farangs fly domestic? Airasia or nok air?

47 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

I hope so.. another question can farangs fly domestic? Airasia or nok air?

Yes they can.

Air Asia, Thai  Lion Air, Thai Smile, Nok Air and Thai Vietjet are flying now.

31 minutes ago, Smithson said:

If I have a job and work permit in Bangkok and want to get a 1 yr extension on a non O (marriage) does my address also need to be in Bangkok?

What type of extension? 

For working you can get it done in Bangkok. For marriage you would have to apply in the province where your live.

20 minutes ago, Smithson said:

The extension would be based on marriage, with the income from job that the WP is issued for. I'd previously heard that to do this the WP and extension need to be in the same province.

The work permit is separate from the extension application when applying based upon marriage. You do not have to be living where the work permit was issued.

For one based upon working it has be done where the work permit was issued and where you are working.