More imported cases of Covid 19. Shows it is important to not relax for visitors & people returning

jojothai

Three more case today reported. Two below show how important it is to not let the guard down.

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30391216?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral
U tapao airport perhaps lax in screening, but also lax attention to isolation.

43-year-old male Egyptian soldier travelled with a military crew to Thailand on July 8 found to be positive. the group visited a Rayong shopping and community area.

also
The family of a nine-year-old girl found infected in Bangkok with Covid-19 are being investigated after they were not in state quarantine and required only to self-isolate
story does not appear to be in the Nation news yet.

Edited by jojothai
add words
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jojothai said:

Surely more to that story... Everyone (Thai’s included) currently have to Quarantine at a State or Alternative quarantine facility. There are very few exceptions, i.e. those with ‘special permission’ which could mean diplomats etc it also seems the military are allowing favourable treatment to its international peers. 

I wonder if this 9 year old girl is a member of family of a Thai or International Diplomat or Military Officer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Surely more to that story... Everyone (Thai’s included) currently have to Quarantine at a State or Alternative quarantine facility. There are very few exceptions, i.e. those with ‘special permission’ which could mean diplomats etc it also seems the military are allowing favourable treatment to its international peers. 

I wonder if this 9 year old girl is a member of family of a Thai or International Diplomat or Military Officer. 

You know how it works, some people are immune from certain things.

36 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

As it's writed in the article, the 9 yo girl is the child of an african diplomat.

Anyway as we can see here the few ''exceptions'' doesn't make any sense

diplomats and their families, military crew or businessman on short stay are

not exempt to catch the virus in their country of origin or either in the plane

and introduce it in Thailand.

If the Thais want a ''safe'' state they need to quarantine everyone entering the country

without any exception at all, the other option is to open to everybody with very few

requirments but not quarantine, and see how it goes.

The first option sound better on a pure medical vision, but it's the worst for the economy.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Misleading headline. All what was there were positive tests for SARS-CoV-2, not cases of Covid-19. Scaremongering?

Are you saying the whole newspaper article is wrong?

I reread it twice and they write the egyptian soldier and 

the diplomat's child were tested positive to the covid 19

''He (The egyptian soldier) and the crew reportedly visited a Rayong shopping and community area. They left their hotel on July 9 and travelled to China on an unspecified military mission via U-Tapao Airport. They returned to Thailand the same day. On July 10, the crew of 31 got tested. However, they were allowed to go home on July 11 though their Covid-19 test results weren’t confirmed. The soldier was found to test positive on July 12. Health authorities were questioning the staff of the unnamed hotel in which the group stayed.''

''On July 10, the family (Of The african diplomat) were screened for infection as they arrived in Thailand, and the girl was found to have contracted Covid-19. Her father then took her to a private hospital in Bangkok while the rest of the family remained in quarantine at a condominium in Bangkok.

On July 11 a second test confirmed the girl was infected with Covid-19, after which she was sent for treatment at a state hospital in Bangkok.''

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Are you saying the whole newspaper article is wrong?

I reread it twice and they write the egyptian soldier and 

the diplomat's child were tested positive to the covid 19

''He (The egyptian soldier) and the crew reportedly visited a Rayong shopping and community area. They left their hotel on July 9 and travelled to China on an unspecified military mission via U-Tapao Airport. They returned to Thailand the same day. On July 10, the crew of 31 got tested. However, they were allowed to go home on July 11 though their Covid-19 test results weren’t confirmed. The soldier was found to test positive on July 12. Health authorities were questioning the staff of the unnamed hotel in which the group stayed.''

''On July 10, the family (Of The african diplomat) were screened for infection as they arrived in Thailand, and the girl was found to have contracted Covid-19. Her father then took her to a private hospital in Bangkok while the rest of the family remained in quarantine at a condominium in Bangkok.

On July 11 a second test confirmed the girl was infected with Covid-19, after which she was sent for treatment at a state hospital in Bangkok.''

The PCR tests are testing for presence of fragments of the SARS-CoV-2 Virus.

Covid-19 is the name of the sickness alleged to be caused by SARS-CoV-2.

Almost all of the infected (the ones with a positive PCR test) are not sick, asymptotic, show no symptoms.

The article claims they have Covid-19. Sloppy journalism, confusing the name of the virus with the name of the sickness.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Almost all of the infected (the ones with a positive PCR test) are not sick, asymptotic, show no symptoms.

The article claims they have Covid-19. Sloppy journalism, confusing the name of the virus with the name of the sickness.

And only people that are suspectible to covid-19 need the vaccine and the rest of us can carry enjoying ourselves.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, yuyiinthesky said:

I understand the difference

however the test has showed this 2 people are infected and they were not quarantined

then they could be potentialy contagious and spread the virus to the others

this is the problem, and in this way the article is right imo

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

And only people that are suspectible to covid-19 need the vaccine and the rest of us can carry enjoying ourselves.

I think i have missed the news about the discovery of a vaccine for this virus

afaik it's still under experimentation at different levels in few countries, but nothing

on the market yet ?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Errgghhh

thai people must stay home.

but idiot government and army allow foreign soldier and government workers other countries break the rules. 

Aripat cry again.

The army says they were not the ones invitating 

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30391240

i wonder who is the host then? Someone who can not be named?

''However, Army spokesman Colonel Winthai Suwaree said today that the military were not responsible for inviting the Egyptian soldier.

Winthai said the soldier and other members of his delegation passed the criteria for 11 types of foreigner allowed to access Thailand. None of the delegation had to undergo quarantine.''

Something is really wrong here

how can you escape to the mandatory quarantine?

What are exactly these 11 types of foreigner allowed to access Thailand

without any quarantine required?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Appears to be family of a diplomat. Supposed to be self isolating. I hope so.

As it says, It seems that they were tested before leaving sudan and tested here, negative.

Another poster points out that they are african diplomats

Edited by jojothai

38 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

I think i have missed the news about the discovery of a vaccine for this virus

afaik it's still under experimentation at different levels in few countries, but nothing

on the market yet ?

Keep the suspectible under lock and key in that case. I'm sick of this BS now.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Misleading headline. All what was there were positive tests for SARS-CoV-2, not cases of Covid-19. Scaremongering?

The Nation article states

"Thailand saw three new confirmed Covid-19 cases"

What is misleading about that? Are you saying the Nation is fake news or just taking the mickey.

The article says covid 19 tests. Please confirm which news you are reading so that we can get Thai visa to tell them to stop reporting falsely.

Edited by jojothai
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

It's another debat

what about the vaccine you refered to in your post?

The recent news on TV posts was that Thailand wont have their vaccine until late next year, Its going to take them nearly 3 months to get 10,000 shots made in USA to start trials in October / November.

so when there is one we will need to go out of country to get it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

It's another debat

what about the vaccine you refered to in your post?

I mean not everyone needs to take the vaccine, same as the flu jab, only people with pre exitisng medical conditions need to take it. I'm sure that is not what will happen and everyone will have to take it whether they want it or not.

If the Thai authorities are kicking a fuss about a couple of loose covid-19 infections, you can be sure non quarantined tourists won't be allowed in anytime soon.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I mean not everyone needs to take the vaccine, same as the flu jab, only people with pre exitisng medical conditions need to take it. I'm sure that is not what will happen and everyone will have to take it whether they want it or not.

If the Thai authorities are kicking a fuss about a couple of loose covid-19 infections, you can be sure non quarantined tourists won't be allowed in anytime soon.

At the moment nothing is sure, even for the discovery of a vaccine 

as so far no any vaccine has been discovered for the previous Covids.

But you are right it could be a very long way before any tourist be allowed

to enter Thailand, maybe months, maybe years.

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Errgghhh

thai people must stay home.

but idiot government and army allow foreign soldier and government workers other countries break the rules. 

Aripat cry again.

You are right to call your government the way you did. But don’t put the blame on the new arrivals, because they are the only ones that get tested.

Edited by CLS

2 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

At the moment nothing is sure, even for the discovery of a vaccine 

as so far no any vaccine has been discovered for the previous Covids.

But you are right it could be a very long way before any tourist be allowed

to enter Thailand, maybe months, maybe years.

If months it will be ok, if years then there won't much left of anything. Most of the bars look very quiet in Pattaya from the videos I've seen and same for Nana/Cowboy. Not much better in the UK and there is not many decent ladies to look at ????