Whitewash ingredients in Thai

ThinLizzard

Good evening,

My first post on TV.

I would like to go to Thai Watsadu and buy the ingredients to whitewash a long, old exterior wall.

I have three handicaps.

1. How to explain in Thai language what whitewash is.

2. What the ingredients are in Thai language.

3. I have never done anything more complex than frying an egg.

I live nearby Mega Home, Thai Watsadu, etc. these temples of knowledge unknown to me.

Perhaps, I should just use normal paint, so it would last longer, but be more expensive.

There is some graffiti on this old wall, so that is the sole reason why I would like to whitewash it.

Thank you for your advice.

TL

Whitewash or lime wash as it used to be known as ,I have used it on the farm 30 years ago ,you need a bag of lime, Boon Khow in Thai ปูนขาว. I would say Thai Watsadu should sell it ,but I would use paint ,the lime wash is messy stuff ,would it last in the heat ,very much a Farang thing .

Two coats of paint should do the job ,and Thai paint dose last a long time 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ThinLizzard said:

My first post on TV.

I would like to go to Thai Watsadu and buy the ingredients to whitewash a long, old exterior wall.

I have three handicaps.

1. How to explain in Thai language what whitewash is.

2. What the ingredients are in Thai language.

3. I have never done anything more complex than frying an egg.

I live nearby Mega Home, Thai Watsadu, etc. these temples of knowledge unknown to me.

Perhaps, I should just use normal paint, so it would last longer, but be more expensive.

Given 1, 2, and specially 3 use paint, while making whitewash is not difficult it is always water soluble unless you use another finish on top and you may need several coats to cover graffiti.

Semi gloss or sheen style water base acrylic paint will last longer than matt paint on an exterior wall. I've painted a few walls. Preparation work work such filling in cracks will pay off in spades. A good quality primer will also extend the life of the paint. Matt paint does not hold up to the weather as well as semi gloss paint, no matter what  brand.