I’m finally cutting the True Visions cord and...

ericg1953

I have an Xiomi MI Box 4, and as long as you have access to the internet you can watch TV from all over the world. Download DOO app from play store and you can watch Thai TV channels no problems. I have subscribed to a special TV app with IPTV (smarters) and can watch thousands of movies, sports, series and TV from around the world at very reasonable rate, about $120 AUD for 12 months. Now with netflix and IPTV I have endless viewing of movies and TV.

True does give all long standing customers a free android box, however, I think you will find you will be limited in what apps you can download. If you think about it why would they give you a free TV box to watch free movies? They would see everybody stop buying entertainment packages and loose money!

I just dropped by gold package down to family package as their programming was becoming to repetitive with old movies and series. 

Must admit Nvidia Shield does look good.

Sorry for the questions, but I'm a bit of a virgin with Android Boxes, etc..so why buy this? I don't watch that much tv really and I do not play games as I'm a grown man...I have Netflix and pay Bt419 a month for it, does this come with full Netflix and if so what region of Netflix do you get, and can one watch on different tv's as I can now (have 4 users on 1 acc)

Do you get live UK tv? SKY/BT Sports? What really are the benefits?

Finally, I see there are different prices, how much ballpark should I be looking to pay?

Thanks for any help.

On 7/18/2020 at 1:18 PM, Max69xl said:

Yes, LOOX TV from the Play store. It has every Thai channel,and just a very few are locked. 

Samsung smart TVs have LOOX TV as a native app. You won't even need an android box. It's possible that other TV brands also have the app.

Edited by soi3eddie

I have rarely heard of anyone being happy with their cable TV packages here in Thailand. Personally, I am happy with my free internet TV which i get with my AIS internet service. All the usual PSI channels for the wife, plus 8 news feeds in English for me, and a lot of other channels with Thai language.  Netflix (which i get for free, as a UK family member pays) plus a few programs on the internet suffices for me.

On 7/18/2020 at 7:10 PM, sangtip2 said:

If I  drop True and go with one of these boxes can I still get BBC,  History,  NGC,  CNBC  etc.  etc. 

Lots of premium IPTV services with all those channels and many more, live sports, cable showtime events etc,.