Jomtien Beach being widened under Bt1.1bn project

webfact

To replenish the old sand with hundreds of tons of new sand they will have to either drage it from the bottom of the sea or bring it from elsewhere, thus creating a problem there in order to solve the the sand erosion of the more lucrative of Pattaya beaches...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Might be way for some of those towering buildings close to the beach to become legit... and get a few more squeezed in!

Unfortunately you could be right, just another way to increase the income where it matters.

Besides, the cost of the work will bring in handy sums to make up for loss of tourist revenue due to covid 19

Edited by jojothai
Added text.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, newnative said:

Makes perfect sense.  A good beach is important for a beach resort.  Pattaya Beach looks terrific after its widening.  Now, it's Jomtien's turn.

I seem to recall Jontiem Beach was always somewhat better in the distant past, and I would travel from Pattaya to avail myself of it. Surprised it needs any effort like Pattaya did, but welcome the idea.... Any progress on effluent dumping though as it often smells unhealthy in modern times.

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

To replenish the old sand with hundreds of tons of new sand they will have to either drage it from the bottom of the sea or bring it from elsewhere, thus creating a problem there in order to solve the the sand erosion of the more lucrative of Pattaya beaches...

Hundreds of Tonnes!  Get ur Abacus back out...try just over  1 Million Tonnes for the first phase of 640,000/M3 of sand!

1 hour ago, newnative said:

Makes perfect sense.  A good beach is important for a beach resort.  Pattaya Beach looks terrific after its widening.  Now, it's Jomtien's turn.

Agreed. Whatever the doomsayers may think  the reality is that Pattaya beach now looks great and i have a sneaky feeling that Jo tien beach will look even better. 

• Like 2

Either you move the road back..

Or raise the level of the beach...

(Remove the sand, deposit hard core foundations, replace the sand to create a higher level beach)

Anyway, some quick figures.

Say 40/40 split, sand and break waters, and 20% for fudge, overrun, miscalculation, brown envelopes etc. 

About 360 baht per cubic metre to remove, transport, relocate the 640,000 cubic metres of sand.

Could be an annual event...

Good luck...

• Like 1