Jomtien Beach being widened under Bt1.1bn project

webfact

The Pattaya Bay beach widening looks terrible. Who wants to relax under the beach trees with a 1/4 mile or more walk over hot sand to get to the water. STOP and save money for the starving people in Pattaya.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, KhunKenAP said:

The Pattaya Bay beach widening looks terrible. Who wants to relax under the beach trees with a 1/4 mile or more walk over hot sand to get to the water. STOP and save money for the starving people in Pattaya.

Lol.  When it was all washed away everyone was complaining that it was too small.  Now you're complaining that it's too big?  Too funny. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, KhunKenAP said:

You think too mudd....think of all the beachbeds which can be placed on the wide beach and how much income they 'll generate..

40 minutes ago, KhunKenAP said:

Huh?

WHy don´t you put your umbrella, beach chair, and towel closer to the water?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

To replenish the old sand with hundreds of tons of new sand they will have to either drage it from the bottom of the sea or bring it from elsewhere, thus creating a problem there in order to solve the the sand erosion of the more lucrative of Pattaya beaches...

They are already dredging off the Jomtien coast

No doubt Thailand will look good when all of the construction going on is finished, but right now, here in the East, its a nightmare of road works, electric outages as they fix the grid, road blocks, cones, pot holes and mud.   I just hope that I live long enough to see the benefit of all this improvement. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

A private firm signed the contract to construct the project – which covers Pattaya and Najomtien municipality

There is no suggestion that the private firm has ANY relationship to the mayor or any of his council members.  The rumours about the company paid to renew Pattaya Beach TWICE a year are scurrilous.

2 hours ago, shdmn said:

Lol.  When it was all washed away everyone was complaining that it was too small.  Now you're complaining that it's too big?  Too funny. ????

He is right, and you are too

the Pattaya beach was too small, but now it's too big

something in the middle should be perfect

i wonder why nobody has been able to think about it

3 hours ago, solent01 said:

And in the meantime millions are suffering from the economic decline and need government support....... yet the government waste money on a beach for the tourists they won't even let into the country, even if said tourists had an inclination to come.........

Yes this

most of the needy in Pattaya and Jomtiem area have been feed

by private donations, it was hard to see any officials support 

and now these billions spend on sand? Come on....

It seems the ones in charge really want something like a riot soon

Seems the goal is to return the beach size to what it was in the 1970’s.  Well, at least in terms of size.  There does seem to be an intent to ‘improve’ Pattaya (and fatten bank accounts).  The alternative would be to nuke that sewer and start over again in to see if they can get it right this time around.  Though looking at Phuket it’s unlikely they would get it right.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jimbo53 said:

Hundreds of Tonnes!  Get ur Abacus back out...try just over  1 Million Tonnes for the first phase of 640,000/M3 of sand!

The millions of tonnes of sand and its source is no concern. Its the billions of baht that gets this the approval.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jojothai said:

The millions of tonnes of sand and its source is no concern. Its the billions of baht that gets this the approval.

I agree

and from a corrupted point of view 

it the ''perfect'' deal, after all the sand is free

i am sure an honest foreign company could do

the job (And probably a better one) for half of the budget 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stouricks said:

They WERE worth a lot of money to some people!   PML

Nah i don't think so. Guess who owns some of them and / or is on the developers payroll.

A lot are empty and the money is still yet to be gained before more are allowed. ???? ????????

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Within a few month , the sea will take the 640.000 cbm away ... ( and with that , the 1.16 billion ...)

A waste of money .

Only about 100,000 baht will be wasted, and some sand.  Trust me, the rest will be quite safe

Another ''fake beach'' sand bags piled 3 high with a sprinkle of sand to cover them up......come to pattaya and take a close look at our pathetic attempt at a worldclass beach....the bags are torn open and exposed in dozens of places.....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, solent01 said:

And in the meantime millions are suffering from the economic decline and need government support....... yet the government waste money on a beach for the tourists they won't even let into the country, even if said tourists had an inclination to come.........

solent01, the best comment how true, every word. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jojothai said:

They cannot move the road inland because of the condos they have allowed to be built too close to the beach. They are worth a lot of money to some people.

Yeah agree, thats not an option at all, was at Jomtein today & it looked to me that the beach had a width of 35-50 metres already........credit given where credit due, the beach & sea looked very clean along the stretch i was at

• Like 1