Deputy Health Minister to propose increasing island capacity during COVID-19

webfact

Deputy Health Minister to propose increasing island capacity during COVID-19

26a9356cc871ddad845f7ad0b12865a0.jpg

RAYONG (NNT) - The Deputy Minister of the Ministry of Public Health is going to propose to the Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation, an increase in the number of tourists visiting Khao Laem Ya - Mu Ko Samet National Park.

Sathit Pitutecha, Deputy Minister of Public Health, noted that Koh Samet in Rayong, is a famous tourist attraction, where control of the COVID-19 outbreak has been well-maintained since its reopening.

The ministry will propose that the department increase the maximum number of tourists the national park can receive daily which is now only 2700 persons; Khao Laem Ya and Mae Rampung beach receive only 1,300 each.

The ministry has already determined that the attractions can safely handle more tourists especially domestic tourists, in order to boost the local economy and be ready for the government’s tourism aid that will open for registration on the 15th of July.

Meanwhile the “Kum Lung Jai ”package is available for medical and health personnel that the government supports at 2000 baht for a two day one night trip.

There is already a list of medical and health personnel who are entitled to apply for the package and choose a place to visit from the list of tourist attractions issued by the Ministry of Tourism and Sports.

This package can only be used by medical and health personnel who applied for it; it cannot be transferred to other persons.

nnt.jpg

25 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

If I was a rotter, I would point out the dep. health chief's mask is at half mast and there's a conspicuous lack of social distancing. 

But I'm not, so Mai pen lai.

Your forbearance is admiral. ????

• Haha 1